"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Wonder if anyone can give me any insight. I have the Cruella party booked for our party date. We decided to also book the plaza fireworks party but the MDE won't let me . It says I already have a reservation for that time. I guess the times overlap for both.

Has anyone been able to book both and if so did you have this issue?

Thanks

Others have called to add the additional reservation without a problem.
Thanks. I called in earlier and the CM was struggling ,it was giving her the same notice it gave me and she didn't seem to know how to override it. I was late and had to hang up. Ill call them again tomorrow.

Thanks. I called in earlier and the CM was struggling ,it was giving her the same notice it gave me and she didn't seem to know how to override it. I was late and had to hang up. Ill call them again tomorrow.
Sorry that happened to you...you definitely got a CM who was not optimally skilled, unfortunately. Another DIS Member mentioned upthread that you have to call to be able to book both, so I did. I explained to the CM what I was trying to do and he said, "No problem...I have the ability to bypass the block on MDE that you don't." I was afraid he would think I was strange for wanting to book both, but he didn't question it at all! I actually already had the fireworks parties booked for both MNSSHP and MVMCP, so I had him add on Tony's/Cruella's for our dates for me. It actually took longer for him to read all the fine print (he said it's required) than it did to actually book it!

I'm so sorry you got a CM who was unfamiliar with how to do this...it's happened to me before on other things, and it's really frustrating. Hopefully you can call back and get a different CM who can take care of it for you. :)

Sorry that happened to you...you definitely got a CM who was not optimally skilled, unfortunately. Another DIS Member mentioned upthread that you have to call to be able to book both, so I did. I explained to the CM what I was trying to do and he said, "No problem...I have the ability to bypass the block on MDE that you don't." I was afraid he would think I was strange for wanting to book both, but he didn't question it at all! I actually already had the fireworks parties booked for both MNSSHP and MVMCP, so I had him add on Tony's/Cruella's for our dates for me. It actually took longer for him to read all the fine print (he said it's required) than it did to actually book it!

I'm so sorry you got a CM who was unfamiliar with how to do this...it's happened to me before on other things, and it's really frustrating. Hopefully you can call back and get a different CM who can take care of it for you. :)

Same here. I had Cruella's booked and was able to call and add the dessert party no problem.

Thanks all. I figured as much and am used to getting those CM's that just aren't that informed.

We're going Sept 20th. So the adults and teenagers trick or treat too? Our oldest is 16 but he's 6'4 and looks older. We told him we'd do it with him so he wouldn't feel like he was to old.
Your son is the mirror of ours; same age, height and general appearance. He also helps choosing what costumes we wear and this year told me what style of Trick or Treat bag he wanted me to make! There are a lot of teens and adults who go ToTing. Have fun with your family!

We were considering using Uber or Lyft for the party! Did they drop you off at the TTC or Contemporary? How did it work out for the ride home? Meaning, did you have to wait long for a ride? And where did they pick you up?
Late to the party, again! Just wanted to say this will be our first time using Uber/Lyft as well as doing a split stay Universal/WDW. :thumbsup2

Darn straight! Thanks for the information about the Halloween bypass. I'll let them snag candy from there.
I cannot imagine going to MNSSHP and not Trick or Treating. I get your point, the cost of the ticket, long lines etc.. just remember the sweet spot 10:30-12 you can literally walk through on your way to rides.

Oh, I love these pumpkin pins. I'm not clear on this though. Do I have to purchase all 10/a set or can I just purchase one? It says mystery set.. does that mean I can purchase just one but it will be a surprise as to which one I get?
Yes, that's how the mystery / blind packs work. ::yes::

Friendly Reminder

@RJstanis is hosting this years "Official 2019 MNSSHP Guest List and Costume Thread" please follow the guideline when posting your info!

LINK

I cannot imagine going to MNSSHP and not Trick or Treating. I get your point, the cost of the ticket, long lines etc.. just remember the sweet spot 10:30-12 you can literally walk through on your way to rides.

Yes, that's how the mystery / blind packs work. ::yes::

Ohh great, thanks. I'm glad I can purchase just one. Yeah, I know. I'm sure they will end up doing some TOT'ing but it's been 9 years since our first trip to Disney. Mine and my husband's focus is on the rides and shows! We had a great spot years ago up against the rope for the parade (lucky fluke and no crowds) but completely missed all the shows. We also didn't stay until midnight then. We are now.

We are attending MNSSHP late October. We want to focus on T/T and special effects rides early in the evening. We plan to see the fireworks, 2nd parade, and view the last castle show. Meeting characters is not a priority. Would you recommend booking the dessert party for a better fireworks view, or would you say it is not really necessary. I am not really interested in staking out a spot an hour early. Do other people designate someone to save a spot for the group, or is that generally frowned upon? If we did the dessert party, can you bring drinks and snacks to the Garden Plaza viewing area? Realistically, what kind of view does one have if you walk into the fireworks area ( not the preferred party view area)15-20 minutes before it starts? Do you need to be standing near the hub? Or does anywhere on main street suffice? Thank you in advance.

Woof! Where to begin! Typically the later parties are more crowded especially in late October. We've been attending Oct 31st parties for years this year is the exception. We've never had an issue finding a spot for parades or fireworks however Disney has added new elements to both plus we don't know how SWGE will impact parties. It will be very interesting to read reports from party goers.

For late October yes, I would recommend booking for now then compare posted information as to whether you should keep it.

Do other people designate someone to save a spot for the group, or is that generally frowned upon? This is a tough one. How big is your group?
I've been recommending Tag Team for years and this is where you take turns holding your place for rides, characters, parades and fireworks. The best method is for your entire group to get in line so those behind you can see your party size. It's best to divide and conquer meaning half stay and the other half go - taking turns.

Can you bring drinks and snacks to the Garden Plaza viewing area? As far as I know yes you can. Many people picnic there.

Realistically, what kind of view does one have if you walk into the fireworks area ( not the preferred party view area)15-20 minutes before it starts? Do you need to be standing near the hub? Or does anywhere on main street suffice?
Late October, new firework show and SWGE - I don't believe that's enough time but it's still too soon to say.

So, who is doing both add ons to MNSSHP? How are you spending your time? I'm trying to decide which one we will do and how to plan our time....or are we waiting for the first couple of parties?
We are attending the 9/2 party, and honestly I’m waiting for reviews on both Cruella’s and the new fireworks show to decide which one we keep (if either, or both).

Assuming we do both, my tentative plan is as follows:
4-7 Fastpasses and dinner (unless there’s a new special character we decide we need to meet)
7-8:45 rides / TOT
8:45-9:30 dessert party
9:30-10:30 head to garden/fireworks
10:30-11:15 Cruella's
11:15-11:50 Boo to You from flagpole
11:50-12:00 one last (nearby) ride
12:00-12:30 Cruella’s / magic shots on way out.

But even as I type this, I’m realizing how little party time this leaves us with, so may reconsider the entire plan! Lol!

We are attending the 9/2 party, and honestly I’m waiting for reviews on both Cruella’s and the new fireworks show to decide which one we keep (if either, or both).

Assuming we do both, my tentative plan is as follows:
4-7 Fastpasses and dinner (unless there’s a new special character we decide we need to meet)
7-8:45 rides / TOT
8:45-9:30 dessert party
9:30-10:30 head to garden/fireworks
10:30-11:15 Cruella's
11:15-11:50 Boo to You from flagpole
11:50-12:00 one last (nearby) ride
12:00-12:30 Cruella’s / magic shots on way out.

But even as I type this, I’m realizing how little party time this leaves us with, so may reconsider the entire plan! Lol!

Looks like I’ll be going to an August party. I was doing some similar mapping out this evening.

I booked the Plaza Garden party because I’m good with how that fits in how we party and I’m pretty sure I’ll appreciate the reserved viewing.

Can’t really bring myself to book Cruella. Just doesn’t seem to fit with how we’d rather be spending time. Other than thread curiosity, I think that’ll be a pass for us.

For the moment. :-)

Have we talked about what everyone is doing for breakfast/lunch before the party. We Ohana’s at 11am, but now I’m thinking of switching to lunch somewhere in Disney Springs.

Looks like I’ll be going to an August party. I was doing some similar mapping out this evening.

I booked the Plaza Garden party because I’m good with how that fits in how we party and I’m pretty sure I’ll appreciate the reserved viewing.

Can’t really bring myself to book Cruella. Just doesn’t seem to fit with how we’d rather be spending time. Other than thread curiosity, I think that’ll be a pass for us.

For the moment. :-)
The parade is one of my favorite elements of the party and we lucked into the reserved flagpole viewing last year as part of the early dessert party fiasco, and LOVED seeing it from there. I also lucked into the price glitch for Cruella’s, so for those 2 reasons ( and the fact that I adore Cruella) I’m holding onto it....for now at least....but I agree, the FW party fits much better with our “regular” party plans.

The parade is one of my favorite elements of the party and we lucked into the reserved flagpole viewing last year as part of the early dessert party fiasco, and LOVED seeing it from there. I also lucked into the price glitch for Cruella’s, so for those 2 reasons ( and the fact that I adore Cruella) I’m holding onto it....for now at least....but I agree, the FW party fits much better with our “regular” party plans.
I agree...I enjoy watching the parades too! We also have the Cruella party booked, but am waiting for reviews to decide if I'll actually keep it. I didn't get in on the price glitch though. I wasn't fast enough. 🙁 We don't go until late October, so I have plenty of time to read reviews and decide if it's "worth" it to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter