"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only fabric that I know of is outdoor canvas because it's treated. Just make sure to use a heavy duty needle, one that matches the weight of the fabric. You could also use felt and treat that fabric, google "Scotchgard Heavy Duty Water Shield Spray" or "KIWI Camp Dry Fabric Protector".

This is all so exciting! Please post more photos :love:
Thanks for all your help! When Peter is done, I'll post it!

This is my first time going to the MNSSHP and I was hoping someone could help me. I'm a DVC member so I'm looking to use the membership discount for the Halloween party. My problems is that I want to take advantage of making FP+ reservations from the 4-6PM time period before the party. If I buy the tickets with the DVC discount, I won't get the tickets til I pick them up from will call. Do they send me a code or something so I can enter into MDE so i can use the FP+ or I can't make any FP+ until I actually pick up the hard copy of the ticket at will call? If I have to wait til i pick them up I might just pay the regular price to be able to use the FP+. A second question I just thought of, since DVC members are able to get in at 2PM now, does that mean I can make FP+ reservations starting at 2?
Yes you can make fast passes starting at 2-this is assuming of course that party tickets function the same way this year that they always have. Technically Disney has never said that MNSSHP tickets include access to FP+ and since people haven’t booked yet this year we can’t say 100% that the party tickets will allow people to book FP+. If they don’t make any changes to the system and the party tickets function the same way they always have you could make FP+ for any time the day of your party-people just always made them starting after 3 since they couldn’t get into the park until 4ish

My girls and I will be attending the 8/20 party also. I took my oldest when she was about 19months old and she fell asleep right before the parade started. We got a pic with the 7 Dwarves and I was pregnant with my 2nd so it's a great memory.
We have a photopass pic of my 13y/o DGD sleeping on the sidewalk when she was 6 waiting for 2nd parade. These type of photos do make great memories!

Yes you can make fast passes starting at 2-this is assuming of course that party tickets function the same way this year that they always have. Technically Disney has never said that MNSSHP tickets include access to FP+ and since people haven’t booked yet this year we can’t say 100% that the party tickets will allow people to book FP+. If they don’t make any changes to the system and the party tickets function the same way they always have you could make FP+ for any time the day of your party-people just always made them starting after 3 since they couldn’t get into the park until 4ish

FWIW, Disney After Hours tickets work the same way as MNSSHP/MVMCP when it comes to the FP topic, and is something I tinker with/watch with some regularity, especially in light of some of the larger MDE changes that have happened recently. So far, I have seen no difference in DAH ticket/FP behavior - seems status quo.

Last edited:
We got our MNSSHP tickets in the mail today. It was a surprise as cast member said they were not mailing them this year and we would need to pick them up at will call. I am very happy as it is getting real and one less line to stand in!

Last edited:

hi...first time going and very excited celebrating my birthday (early September) with 3 other couples. Of course, we will be attending MNSSHP. Any ideas of what we can dress up like?? Thanks a bunch!!

Hi all! First time going to a party night.. I read that the actual Halloween party starts at 7pm, right? So if I make dinner reservations for 6:15 (in the park) we won't miss any of the party? Is this correct? Thanks in advance!

Hi all! First time going to a party night.. I read that the actual Halloween party starts at 7pm, right? So if I make dinner reservations for 6:15 (in the park) we won't miss any of the party? Is this correct? Thanks in advance!

With a 6:15 ADR, you are likely to miss the beginning of the party. Not to mention that if you are looking to meet some of the more popular characters (i.e. the 7 dwarves, Jack and Sally, Moana), lines can start forming at 4-4:30. If you want a sit down meal, I wouldn't book one for any time after 4:30. This will give you enough time to get on a line for something, if you choose, and not have it eat away a big chunk of party time. This year we have an ADR for Skippers at 3. This will give us enough time to eat, check in for the party and then get to where we want to be, without too big of a line waiting for us. When we get hungry later in the night we will snack here and there (after all it is a party), plus we will be noshing on trick or treat candy throughout the night. On past party nights we have had a late lunch at BOG before a party (2:30ish) and a quick dinner at The Plaza (4:15ish).

I'm thinking of just wearing a black tee shirt and capris and a Minnie mouse apron and Minnie mouse headband. My daughter said that I'm Disney bounding. Do you think this will look ok?

So many people do something like this, so you're fine, absolutely.

I am sort of Disney bounding as Orange Bird for MNSSHP - orange sundress, yellow capri leggings, some custom Orange Bird Mickey ears, orange/yellow eye shadow, making some green leaf sleeves perhaps, or a green cardigan if it looks like it might be chilly... DD is going in a full Sally costume.

Last year we almost went to an August party during our trip, and we were all going to Disney bound - DH as R2D2 (t-shirt) and DS as BAymax (t-shirt and white shorts), DD as Ariel (Arial skirt only, purple tank top, makeup), me as flounder (slightly modified sundress to add the blue stripes, blue capri leggings). Go with what is comfortable.

@OhThePain gave you great advice and information, but you should also read the first page to this forum for even more information and tips. Monique, Fox, and company have put together an excellent reference page for everything you need to know! That way you'll be the MNSSHP Master your first time! Have fun!

It's official, put down a deposit to add the 08/23 Halloween Party for our late August (pre-Star Wars) Universal trip! Staying at Coronado Springs for the Halloween Party leg of our trip for two nights for the first time on a great agency deal. Now just crossing my fingers we can try club level there too while there. We'll find that part out tomorrow! Super, super excited!!! :banana::hmghost::figment::maleficen

So many people do something like this, so you're fine, absolutely.

I am sort of Disney bounding as Orange Bird for MNSSHP - orange sundress, yellow capri leggings, some custom Orange Bird Mickey ears, orange/yellow eye shadow, making some green leaf sleeves perhaps, or a green cardigan if it looks like it might be chilly... DD is going in a full Sally costume.
upload_2019-5-16_21-58-1.png ::yes::

It's official, put down a deposit to add the 08/23 Halloween Party for our late August (pre-Star Wars) Universal trip! Staying at Coronado Springs for the Halloween Party leg of our trip for two nights for the first time on a great agency deal. Now just crossing my fingers we can try club level there too while there. We'll find that part out tomorrow! Super, super excited!!! :banana::hmghost::figment::maleficen

Same, same same! Universal Aug 27-Sept. 1 Club Level LRP, then off to WL Sept 1-4th! :jumping1:

I am new to Disney and trying to figure things out. If we go in beginning of October, and not get the Halloween tickets, what are the park hours and will we be able to see nay Halloween activities at all? or is everything reserved for the special ticket event?

I am new to Disney and trying to figure things out. If we go in beginning of October, and not get the Halloween tickets, what are the park hours and will we be able to see nay Halloween activities at all? or is everything reserved for the special ticket event?

You need a party ticket (which gets you a wristband) to see the parades and fireworks. You will be asked to leave the park at 6pm on party nights without a wristband.

So they ask to leave all parks or a specif park a day for the special event? what happens to extra magic hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter