"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have fingers AND toes crossed that this would include parade viewing...of the first parade (I know I’m asking a lot of Disney in an attempt to get them to take my money!)

Having lived the parade viewing drama last year, I’m a glutton for punishment. As a veteran “first party” goer, bring it on!!

Oh Paradegate 2018 was definitely something lol

Since there will be new party fireworks that (from the sounds of it) will require a good view of the castle, I wonder if that would affect the popularity of this since people would probably be more interested in one of the dessert parties that include firework viewing.

Oh Paradegate 2018 was definitely something lol

Since there will be new party fireworks that (from the sounds of it) will require a good view of the castle, I wonder if that would affect the popularity of this since people would probably be more interested in one of the dessert parties that include firework viewing.

We think alike! I have both dessert parties booked and waiting on this for more details so I can make an informed decision. Let the games begin....

We think alike! I have both dessert parties booked and waiting on this for more details so I can make an informed decision. Let the games begin....

I plan on keeping my dessert party for one night and doing the Tony’s Town Square thing on the other party night. My biggest concern is that I will really really like the fireworks and want to see them from the garden spot again lol

Super excited about the idea of that Cruella add-on. This year will be our first MNSSHP....how insane is trying to get a good parade spot without something like this? I would say parade and fireworks are two of our priorities.

I know I could go look this up, but would someone mind reminding me of how the Tony’s MVMCP thing worked in terms of timing....reservation time, which parade viewing, overall order and flow? Trying to remember how that one worked. Thank you!

Will the party take time away from the party?

That’s the #1 complaint/dilemma/observation about any of the “up-charge within an up-charge” type of offerings such as the dessert parties or Tony’s - they inevitably take away party time.

Whether that shifting of time spent is worth it is very personal of course.

They may/may not work better for crazy people like me who will probably go to two parties, so I can make better use of time between both covering the things I want to cover.

Or they work for others who just don’t do all party offerings and want something different.

If parade viewing is involved, there is a benefit to time you would likely have spent waiting for a spot (arguably time wasted) vs what is probably more productive time at the event.

I know I could go look this up, but would someone mind reminding me of how the Tony’s MVMCP thing worked in terms of timing....reservation time, which parade viewing, overall order and flow? Trying to remember how that one worked. Thank you!

• Check-in for Tony’s Most Merriest Christmas Party begins as early as 2pm at the regular check-in podium at the restaurant. The entire restaurant, along with the patio seating out front, is available to event guests.
  • Starting at 9:30 PM, guests can pop in and out of Tony’s Town Square Restaurant at their leisure to eat an array of savory hors d’oeuvres, sweet desserts, and a selection of included alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
  • Then, at 11:00 PM, guests have access to a reserved viewing area for the 2nd Parade. About 80% of the Town Square Flag Pole area is roped off for Tony’s Party attendees for the second Parade and cast did an admirable job of policing the space.
  • Most Merriest party continues on until 12:30 AM, which is beyond the Party’s midnight closing time. Bar was closed at that time but the food was still available.
Here's WDW original MVMCP 2018 post
upload_2019-5-19_20-12-25.png

A better view and review can be seen here:
https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/r...-party-at-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

:santa:

For those who have experienced both the MNSSHP Tomorrowland terrace & plaza dessert parties...

Did the TT one last year, enjoyed it, a different experience vs our usual parties there. We only booked last minute as it was first night & knew it was a sell out. experiencing some mobility issues (not to point of ECV or WC) and wanted a place to be able to rest & get off feet for an hour or so while watching the FW. Had a table right along the railing, thought it was a great option.

Appears as though the actual time of that party may have been shortened as stated checkin is a good hour+ Later than last year. Not show how the tables are now being assigned. We were told to just pick the one we wanted last year. Was there a good half hour early to make that happen.

Currently, not seeing the TT one available for any of our possible nights, eek. Will keep checking but now considering the Plaza one.

Never have done the Plaza party viewing but have noticed more than a few posts praising it over the TT one. The price is less & location to view is different, more direct if truth be told. I’m not catching any other inherent differences there may be between the two sites.

Curious as to how long does one actually needs to stand ‘in place’ for the Plaza option when viewing the FW. Are you packed in tightly to point where you cannot move about a few steps? Being able to lean against the fence railing would work if not too long of a time period for us.
We like to head to the garden about 30 minutes prior as I’m a photographer and am picky about my view. At prior parties you could easily head to the garden 15 minutes in advance and still get a good spot. This was also due to the parties not being super full. With the rumor of the new show being more projection heavy, like HEA, this could drive up attendance and also the time required to hold your spot. We’ll need to see how it’s working after the first few parties.

I will add that in all my experiences, both with party fireworks and HEA, we’ve never been crammed in like sardines like you are on Main Street. My children usually sit (or lay) in the grass until the show starts and there’s plenty of “elbow room” in the garden. In my opinion, that’s what you’re paying for. The treats are secondary.

Well it might be absolute madness but I bought tickets to the first party. It's a special date for our family, so even though it's going to be crazy crowded we want to be there. Current plan is to do another party in hopes of actually seeing things, LOL.

First party of the year veterans, what's a reasonable 'to do' list? We don't do character photos except for the grave diggers and Madam Carlotta. Priorities are magic shots, rides, Cadaver Dans, and the parade. How much of that is 'do-able'?

We will be there the first night too! We’ve only ever done the party on the first nights. Not terrible in terms of crowds. Picture a regular day at the park. Except ride lines are super short. Trick or treat lines seem super long, but they move very fast. Just go in with a plan, and an open mind, and you’ll do well!

Has anyone done a VIP Tour on a party night and can tell me the location of the parade and fireworks viewing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!