Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Looked for this answer in earlier pages, but got a little lost. At what point does the Hogwarts Express stop running on an HHN night?

If the other park IOA closes at 9, I assume last train out to it from the studios would be 4:30

To get back to the studios park , you would have to exit IOA
walk back by leaving through the exit towards the front of the park and return to
The studios . They will have longer park hours due to hhn

If the other park IOA closes at 9, I assume last train out to it from the studios would be 4:30

To get back to the studios park , you would have to exit IOA
walk back by leaving through the exit towards the front of the park and return to
The studios . They will have longer park hours due to hhn

That’s what I was wondering. I knew IoA stayed open later, I was just kind of hoping that since we can’t get to Orlando before around 5pm from the West Coast that maybe we could go into Islands and try to ride Hagrid around closing and then maybe pop over to HHN for a couple of hours via the Hogwarts Express, but I suppose nothing can be that easy, can it? Lol.

That would work
Start at IOA and take the train over to the studios at 4:30
Stay at the studios for hhn until the park closes

I didn’t know you could enter HHN via HE from IoA

Hmm wonder if that backdoor sort of entry would be quicker than waiting at the turnstyles if not doing stay & scream or onsite guest entry?

Hmm wonder if that backdoor sort of entry would be quicker than waiting at the turnstyles if not doing stay & scream or onsite guest entry?
Last year it was the last train that left to the studios but it was midweek
Could be 4:00 if it is a weekend

Well the draw back to coming out in the potter section at the studios might have you placed in the closest holding area as park closes at 5

Technically speaking they could run the Hogwarts Express during HHN (they haven’t as far as I know) Only folks with a HHN ticket or HHN Pass could ride the train back and forth between the two parks. Don’t know if that’s logistically possible to deal with.

The train would have to stop running anyway once IOA closed for the night.

I’am going to take a guess that it will stop running 1/2 hour before the Studios is closed for HHN. That would be nice for folks who are at IOA and want to get the last train to the Studios to go to stay and scream areas.

Don’t forget your HHN ticket though. You will have to have your tickets to be in the stay and scream areas.

Was browsing the website and there will be a passholder entrance for HHN event nights! woohoo!
Exclusive Passholder Entrance to Universal Studios Florida

Valid Event Dates in Sept. from 2–5 pm
All Passholders can head directly to the turnstiles marked “UOAP” at the front of Universal Studios. Be ready to present your Annual or Seasonal Pass with valid photo ID. If you plan to stay for the event, you’ll need to go to a Stay & Scream area inside the park before it closes and have your Halloween Horror Nights ticket scanned for event entry.

Terms And Conditions
Universal Studios Passholder dedicated entrance is valid for Annual and Seasonal Passholders only on September 6–8, 12–15, 18–22, 25–29 from 2:00 pm–5:00 pm

Last edited:
How long does it usually take to go through all of the houses with express pass? This will be my first time going to HHN and I am very excited. Still trying to figure out the ticket situation. We are staying at the Hard Rock (Sept 15-19) and I will be going with my wife on the 15th and my mother on the 18th(somebody has to watch the 6 year, old lol) So I am thinking a multipass ticket for me and a single night ticket for my wife and mom. Still looking over the express pass options, public rip tour, and the scare actor dining experience. Any advice would be helpful, lol.

Also, I know that the hotel express pass will not work on the houses but I am guessing that it will not work on the rides that are open also? The express pass that you buy for HHN is only one time use for each house, is it also only one time use for the rides that are open?

Last edited:
Hey all, my family and I just had our first visit to U/IoA this summer and LOVED it. My husband and I are returning with friends in late September and are considering HHN instead of a second park day to save some money. We are not huge horror fans, I've never even been inside a haunted house! But I'm open minded and would give it a try, plus we are big fans of Stranger Things and of course Ghostbusters. Can anyone tell me which attractions/rides are open during HHN?

Where is the hotel entrance gate?

As you approach the entrance to the Studios, veer over to your right.....there’s usually someone standing with a big sign telling you where it is.

You need to show your hotel room key then you wander around and there is a separate bag check line and entrance gate.

Only once have we seen a massive line here.....usually it is much quicker than the regular line to get in the park. But we caught it at gates open time and we’re just unlucky. The norm is to have a few folks or less going that way.

Universal Studios only.

Starts at 6:30 pm.

Here’s a pic of last year’s closing times. They might be similar this year.

5B8BF885-0938-4B41-B66D-B4344112F3EC.jpeg

Just remember if you are going on Friday or Saturday lines will be deep trying to get in gate at 6:30 pm.

Take advantage of “Stay and Scream” areas if you do not have HHN EP.

Last edited:
How long does it usually take to go through all of the houses with express pass? This will be my first time going to HHN and I am very excited. Still trying to figure out the ticket situation. We are staying at the Hard Rock (Sept 15-19) and I will be going with my wife on the 15th and my mother on the 18th(somebody has to watch the 6 year, old lol) So I am thinking a multipass ticket for me and a single night ticket for my wife and mom. Still looking over the express pass options, public rip tour, and the scare actor dining experience. Any advice would be helpful, lol.

Also, I know that the hotel express pass will not work on the houses but I am guessing that it will not work on the rides that are open also? The express pass that you buy for HHN is only one time use for each house, is it also only one time use for the rides that are open?

You are correct, your EP that is included with your HRH stay will not work at HHN. You have to buy separate EP’s specifically for the event.

Last year we went one night with EPs, and did Stay and Scream. We did every house but 2, (by choice), and rode 3 rides. It would have been considered a lower crowd night. We left close to midnight.

The advice that I would give anyone who hasn’t been before, and I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread, DO NOT underestimate the amount of walking you will do, if you try to do every house in one night. It’s not a joke. You need to be in decent shape. It’s around 6 miles of walking, just at this event alone, not including any of the walking you do earlier in the day. We were kinda wrecked for the entire duration of our trip. Some of the backlot houses are lonnnnnnnnng walks from the main area, and then with the houses in the back that are technically next to one another (I’m thinking of Seeds and TrT last year), there is no shortcut back into the closest house’s line. You have to walk alllllllll the way back up to where the line starts, and then all the way back to where you just were. Not trying to scare anyone, I just want people to be smarter than I was last year.

I‘ve read a few posts about the amount of walking. I was was wondering if anyone who has done HHN in both CA and FL could compare the amount of walking between the two? We’ve only done the one in CA.

Would anyone expect a noticeable difference in HHN crowd levels between Thursday October 31st and Friday November 1st? DH and I are squeezing a trip in during this weekend and debating on which night to go. Friday November 1st works better for us so that we can sleep in. If we do the party on the 31st, we'll have been up early for a 6am flight and will tire out early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter