"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandy Claus WITH Sally— how exciting!!

Also, I’m such a grumpkin. I’m not a fan of the non-traditional holiday drinks. Hot Chocolate and Egg Nogg all the way!

We’re still undetermined over where to watch the parade, but we’ll do the fireworks, 11pm parade, and 1155 castle show. First time seeing the castle show!

I've heard that CMs working the parties have been shown a photo of you so they can be on the lookout. Hmmm, wonder where they got that photo?
those mini desserts are so easy to put in a container, how can you not. The photo probably came from a disgruntled Disser " this is why they keep increasing the price of the dessert party" (my picture with large tupperware :D

those mini desserts are so easy to put in a container, how can you not. The photo probably came from a disgruntled Disser " this is why they keep increasing the price of the dessert party" (my picture with large tupperware :D
And if you don't take it, many times it goes to waste.

Would you be willing to share which rides you should fast pass or get to before park closes? Promise to go on a different day than you.
This was supposed to include a quote from another post. Oops. I guess I’ll ask everyone

I'm famous (infamous) for bringing plastic containers :D you can ask for as many as you'd like
I was thinking of bringing 2 ziplock style containers with me into the parks for leftovers and the awkwardly packed treats (schoolhouse bread!) so we can enjoy them with coffee the next morning (Don't judge me, I'm on vacation! :goodvibes)
Grabbing a special treat from the party ($) is on my list... but...
What are TSA rules about bringing a Honking huge cupcake through the security line at MCO? I was thinking of bringing something home to my son who's staying behind to tend to furbabies and work.

We are first timers at a Christmas party and have a few little ones in tow so not sure how late we will make (will certainly try to at least make the 10pm holiday wishes) - if we had to prioritize the stage/firework/light-up entertainment, how would those who have experienced these events before force-rank them?? And when/how often does the snow on Main Street happen? Thanks!!!

Would you be willing to share which rides you should fast pass or get to before park closes? Promise to go on a different day than you.
This was supposed to include a quote from another post. Oops. I guess I’ll ask everyone

For us Space Mountain is always the #1 We could ride Space over and over and over. At a MNSSHP party one year we got to ride Space as many times as we could get off and get back on again. DD loved it and has been hooked ever since lol! Pirates and Haunted Mansion are a close second. What rides does your family like? Little kids? Mine's a teen now so that does make a difference!

We are first timers at a Christmas party and have a few little ones in tow so not sure how late we will make (will certainly try to at least make the 10pm holiday wishes) - if we had to prioritize the stage/firework/light-up entertainment, how would those who have experienced these events before force-rank them?? And when/how often does the snow on Main Street happen? Thanks!!!
I wouldn't worry about being super close to the castle stage for the lighting unless you have some frozen fans.
I would not miss the parade and fireworks
It snoapes intermittently through out the night, during the castle stage show and during the parade

Question: what is the policy or possibility regarding getting in line for character meets near the end of the evening? We're thinking like, late, like 11pm, and close to midnight. Thinking Jack&Sally and/or Moana and/or the Dwarves, in that order of preference? We might POSSIBLY be able to hit one at the very beginning of the party, but unsure how that would work. We have a 5pm PPF FP and plan to get a spot at the hub for the 7:40 Mickey's Most Merriest, and staying there for the Frozen Wish and the parade. From there, we will go to Frontier Land for Jingle Cruise and Reindeer Wranglers, then heading back to Main Street for Holiday Wishes before going to Tomorrowland for the 10:45 Totally Tomorrowland. Maybe see the new a capella group after that, but unsure.
The snow on Main Street is really important to my mom, so I hesitate to move the parade viewing to Frontier Land if that helps, but since we would already be at the hub, I am not sure that would help.

Thoughts? I would love to hear your thoughts on this, since this is our first MVMCP!

Ugh.....on the fence about Tony's again for our party night, need to see some reviews before I commit! No sold out parties yet that we know of.......interesting......

I am going to give up our ADR for BOG on the 15th at 5:20 pm for 3 if anybody wants to try to coordinate for it PM me...

Ugh.....on the fence about Tony's again for our party night, need to see some reviews before I commit! No sold out parties yet that we know of.......interesting......

I am going to give up our ADR for BOG on the 15th at 5:20 pm for 3 if anybody wants to try to coordinate for it PM me...

Same for me in regards to Tony's.

Sold Out parties - very interesting. Definitely thought 1st party would have sold out by today.

Sold Out parties - very interesting. Definitely thought 1st party would have sold out by today.
Nah, they've increased tickets by 50% over MNSSHP - still 15,000 more to sell... LOL

Seriously though - I hope that the reports aren't as bad as the first few Halloween parties from this year. I thought that the first party would have sold out already as well.

Nah, they've increased tickets by 50% over MNSSHP - still 15,000 more to sell... LOL

Seriously though - I hope that the reports aren't as bad as the first few Halloween parties from this year. I thought that the first party would have sold out already as well.
I've been to the Halloween party the Friday before Labor Day for the last 3 years and haven't noticed any craziness that was reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter