"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is a sold out party like? If we go it will probably have to be the first one on 11/8 which I believe typically sells out. Is there any chance of watching the parade on main street without having to hold a place for a long time? How will the lines be for the rides? I don't think we care much about the character meet and greets. TIA!

Count us in on the fun! We're planning on attending MVMCP for the 2nd time. It looks like there is so much more to it since the last time we went in 2012. I haven't decided which date we're going. We will be there 12/12-12/17 as we score FD so, were pretty excited about this trip!:santa:

We're doing 2 at the start of December and I really need to figure out a solid game plan for them to maximize characters and the parade/fireworks.

It was slammed last year! We got there at 5.....lines were long. We slid into a cancellation at be our guest, by party time, the lines were a lot shorter.
Any chance that was on 12/7? If it was that date for a table for two, you're welcome :-)

I bought our tickets last night for Nov 13! We haven't bought our park tickets for our trip yet but we have tickets to MVMCP! Priorities.

We are going to a party in December, family of 6 (2 kids, 4 adults). We plan on doing MK the same morning as the party we are attending and heading back to the hotel around lunch to relax and nap with the kids, 2 and 4, before we head back into the party around 4. I get mixed feedback on this approach, but I figure we can do some stuff in the morning and find out what exactly the kids are into in the park because we will be first timers. Any advice or feedback on that approach? We have two MK days planned and wanted to avoid non-party days because of crowds.

We are going to a party in December, family of 6 (2 kids, 4 adults). We plan on doing MK the same morning as the party we are attending and heading back to the hotel around lunch to relax and nap with the kids, 2 and 4, before we head back into the party around 4. I get mixed feedback on this approach, but I figure we can do some stuff in the morning and find out what exactly the kids are into in the park because we will be first timers. Any advice or feedback on that approach? We have two MK days planned and wanted to avoid non-party days because of crowds.

I've done this both ways- found it better to sleep in and go to the park with a good late lunch reservation @ 1pm. Still in earlier, eat well before party, and don't have to leave to come back.

I've done this both ways- found it better to sleep in and go to the park with a good late lunch reservation @ 1pm. Still in earlier, eat well before party, and don't have to leave to come back.
We are staying at the Contemporary is why I thought we could pull off leaving and coming back around 3-4ish.

Yes since you’re so close, and your kids are likely to nap (or at least rest) in the afternoon, I’d go in the morning & then take a break & go back.

I’ve heard 4pm can be crowded going in so maybe go a bit earlier or later, depending on when you get back to your room.

That is what we are doing. Never done it before, but I hope it will work! We are at the poly so not far either. I also agree with checking out the park before the party since we are first timers too.

Super excited:cool1:just bought tickets for 11/25! It's our first big family trip (though we've all been separately before) and our first MVMCP :santa:!! What's on the Do Not Miss List?!? Jack Skellington is definitely a must see:bounce: but I'm curious what/who else we need to be sure we make time for?

I just bought our tickets for December 11 - woo hoo. I am a semi-novice (only planned one other trip almost 6 years ago) and I have a question. I have not ordered park tickets yet (Will likely order from UT) - when do I purchase the magic bands? I order them from the Disney website correct? then link the tickets once I get them from UT? Should I wait to see if special bands for Christmas time come out (meaning do they usually have a special design?) Thanks for any help. I guess I should add we are staying off property. We are getting excited over here.

I just bought our tickets for December 11 - woo hoo. I am a semi-novice (only planned one other trip almost 6 years ago) and I have a question. I have not ordered park tickets yet (Will likely order from UT) - when do I purchase the magic bands? I order them from the Disney website correct? then link the tickets once I get them from UT? Should I wait to see if special bands for Christmas time come out (meaning do they usually have a special design?) Thanks for any help. I guess I should add we are staying off property. We are getting excited over here.[/QUOTE

The MVMCP bands are limited and only sold at the parties. The bands last about three years before they die....however the puck with the chip can be swapped out with a new one....making the band portion last a bit longer. There are a lot of band covers on Etsy that customize your bands for you. There is quite the selection at the Disney store.

I just bought our tickets for December 11 - woo hoo. I am a semi-novice (only planned one other trip almost 6 years ago) and I have a question. I have not ordered park tickets yet (Will likely order from UT) - when do I purchase the magic bands? I order them from the Disney website correct? then link the tickets once I get them from UT? Should I wait to see if special bands for Christmas time come out (meaning do they usually have a special design?) Thanks for any help. I guess I should add we are staying off property. We are getting excited over here.
We are just going to use the red and green bands and swap out the icon discs. So I am getting the red band and my DH is getting the green. I will have a green band with red disc and he will have a red band with green disc. We saw someone do it last year and liked the idea. It makes it Christmas themed without extra money. Just a suggestion.

So I have a friend that is going to one of the first Christmas parties and her 180+ just opened up. However, she was unable to get Be Our Guest for dinner, which I know is hard to get. However, when my 180+ opened for the Halloween party, I was unable to snag dining reservations for any restaurants in the Magic Kingdom at first because dinner reservations on party nights didn't open up until a later date...do we think that's the case for the Christmas parties? Or do you think she legitimately can't get any reservations because they are all booked?

So I have a friend that is going to one of the first Christmas parties and her 180+ just opened up. However, she was unable to get Be Our Guest for dinner, which I know is hard to get. However, when my 180+ opened for the Halloween party, I was unable to snag dining reservations for any restaurants in the Magic Kingdom at first because dinner reservations on party nights didn't open up until a later date...do we think that's the case for the Christmas parties? Or do you think she legitimately can't get any reservations because they are all booked?
More than likely they havent been released yet

I am struggling SO HARD with deciding whether we should buy tickets for December 6. We will be there December 4-10 with 6 day park Hoppers. Realistically only 5.5 days in the park due to traveling, which really isn't that many days!!

If we do the party, I worry we won't have the energy to spend a full day in the park. If we don't spend a full day in the park, I worry we won't do everything we want during our stay. Granted we are not going with children or anyone elderly so we may be able to make it work.

We want to schedule 3-4 ADRs as well as to hit every park and hit all the big ticket rides. But without knowing park hours at this point it's hard to plan or know what our days will look like.

I haven't been to the party since I was a kid so I can't really remember it.

AHHHH We don't know what to do! We are staying at AoA and plan on making any FP we can at 60 days if it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter