• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am excited now. I just booked my plane ticket for $11.20 with airline miles. I was hoping to leave more around 4 but took a 1:35 flight - probably a good thing as I have to go to work the next morning

I was excited for my $300 roundtrip flight from Vancouver :banana: I can't fly to the next province over for $300, but Florida, sure. I can't say I understand flight pricing at all :laughing:

I've never done MVMCP before. I've been to Disneyland during the holiday season, but there weren't any special ticketed events like this. I'm actually considering doing two to get the full experience... I might book one and then buy another if I feel like I missed things.

@monique5, do you know when the tree went up in the Wilderness Lodge last year? We will be there nov 9 and I am keeping my fingers crossed (though I know that’s a bit early)

Thanks!

I'm going on my second Disney vacation ever, so I'm pretty excited that I'll be able to check out the Christmas Party! The only thing I'm trying to decide on is one party or two?

The Disney After Hours event was my absolute favorite thing from my last trip. I'm guessing the crowds will be heavier than that event, but are the lines still pretty manageable? Has anyone ever been to both and are the events similar with regards to attractions?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I have read every post in this threads but it's a lot to try to remember. I know week nights are supposed to be less crowded than weekends, but does a Mon vs Tues night make a difference? I'm guessing no, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. We are going either Nov 12 or 13. I don't think it matters to much which day we go, except that Monday is Veteran's Day, would that make a difference?

I’m looking at the same dates. It could, but it’s hard to say how much of a difference it will make. It could be less crowded on Monday if that’s when the people from Jersey week are leaving and if people are trying to avoid a holiday. Alternatively, it could be more crowded just because it's a holiday. I think Tuesday is probably the safer bet.

It will still be somewhat busy, especially at 7DMT, until they usher out the day guests at 6pm.

It was slammed last year! We got there at 5.....lines were long. We slid into a cancellation at be our guest, by party time, the lines were a lot shorter.

On what date will they start doing the Christmas parade outside of the special event? I'll be there from Dec 8 to 15 and am not sure I want to buy a ticket to the party.

On what date will they start doing the Christmas parade outside of the special event? I'll be there from Dec 8 to 15 and am not sure I want to buy a ticket to the party.

That starts after the final party night. With your dates you'll need to attend the party to see it.

I chose the Tues, Nov 13. We haven't bought our tickets yet though.

I'm currently stressing over which parks to do which days. Not to be weird, but is there a way to PM on this site? If so, would you be interested in connecting and bouncing ideas off of each other? I'm not a creep - promise. lol Normal soccer mom from IL in charge of planning our upcoming trip with my parents, husband and 3 kids. :)

I'm currently stressing over which parks to do which days. Not to be weird, but is there a way to PM on this site? If so, would you be interested in connecting and bouncing ideas off of each other? I'm not a creep - promise. lol Normal soccer mom from IL in charge of planning our upcoming trip with my parents, husband and 3 kids. :)

I'm also going at this time...is there a place on this forum for people going specific weeks? Like a topic for "Going to DW Nov 11-17" or something?

Sure. I will send you a PM.

I spoke to a cast member who stated that every party sells out and the same number of tickets are sold to each party so crowds should be the same no matter what. No clue if she was telling the truth or not, as this will be my first time as well.

This isn’t true. Two years ago, we "bought tickets" online via their website. I thought I clicked through all the pages. The charges were on my credit card when I checked my purchases, but I couldn’t find the tickets. The cast member I spoke to could see my purchased tickets.....told me not to worry. They would be on the magic bands. So we went. No tickets on the magic band, and we had friends going with us......waiting for us to figure it all out. Because I didn’t click that final page......the transaction was cancelled. When I brought up the Amex bills on my phone, I could see no charges for the tickets. They sold me three tickets right then. They also sold them to us as a prepaid price. They said they’ve had my same problems many times with others....but I felt foolish......and I scoured the bills searching for the transaction, but it was gone. I’m far more organized than this. While we were getting it sorted out.....people did come and buy tickets for that evening as well. Last year the extra page to confirm everything was not there. Needless to say, the it’s on the magic band thing was worrisome, but it worked like a charm. Hopefully this year will be smooth as well.
I’m sure many dates sell out. We have a yearly family tradition of mvmcp for my son's birthday. We go the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. So, it might not be as popular of a date.

Good morning!

I am planning way far out right now. Mainly because we need a RV site at the Fort for my parents and that can be done at the 499 day mark. Since that is around the corner, we are getting a few things straight.

The MVMCP is not something we need figured out now but I am wondering. We are going December 2019. We are military. Why don't they at least give 1 or 2 day options to go in December for military tickets? I know it is based on demand but still that could apply for general park military tickets too (and it doesn't). It just doesn't seem fair to only offer November dates now. I am thinking about writing Disney. I don't expect them to change but I would like to be able say something!

It is true that there are now no December dates?

We are a big group. My family is 6. We will have to weigh the cost vs experience. I really want to do it though!

Thank you!
Carrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter