"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yowzers. I budgeted $450 for the 4 of us so I wasn't too far off!
Just bought tickets for our family of 4 (both kids count as adults) for Friday, December 14, and it was $464.36 total. Ouch!! But it's been a few years since we've done the party, and it will be the night before our Disney cruise and our only park time, so I'm happy. It's only money, right? :thumbsup2

I am so glad I saw on here that we can buy the tickets today. I do not recall it being this early before or why we have to call and can’t do it online but I am not complaining. Maybe the Candlelight Processional will come out earlier than usual.

I purposely chose this week for a few reasons since I figured it would be as crowded as Thanksgiving and can see Christmas decorations. So while, it may be tough to work around, I'm still happy with the dates I picked.

So .. that's fine .. I can work around the parties, but I am leaning towards just going on a party day now as I would assume:
1) If you are not doing the party, you want to avoid going to a park that closes super early
2) If you are doing the party, you aren't spending the day at MK since you will be there at night.

I wonder if this makes Veterans Day (Monday 11/12) a good day to go (despite it being a holiday)? Otherwise I guess 11/13 will be one of my MK days.

Where can I find the details? Like when do party guests get allowed in? When do non-party guests get kicked out? How do they enforce that? Do you get ushered out or are you simply not allowed on rides so you can leisurely do some shopping/eating as you leave?

If you have hoppers you could do like we do and go to MK early on several days. I find that during that time of year getting there are "rope drop" you can get a LOT of stuff done. Then hope over to another park mid day or afternoon and use fast passes there instead. That way you could take advantage of MK not being crowded. It will get crowded at night. I was disappointed to miss the night shows. In our 2 trips so far (as parents taking child) we haven't even seen a night show at any park except MK. My daughter just can't hang. My husband gets tired too! I could go all day and all night. I really want to take a trip by myself! If I could go to a party by myself I would!

Anyone experience buying from Europe? Calling to america is gonna cost me a fortune, as well as I dont understand how I could possibly pay over phone?

Stitch finally stopped eating the Special Tickets page! Does anyone know when they are available for sale online? I was hoping to at least play around with pricing and dates since we aren't ready to buy yet.

Stitch finally stopped eating the Special Tickets page! Does anyone know when they are available for sale online? I was hoping to at least play around with pricing and dates since we aren't ready to buy yet.

I feel like in the past they announce the dates AND the date they would go on sale which was a few days or a week or so later. I don't remember them ever selling them the day they announced dates. Thought that was weird. I haven't tried to buy mine yet.

I currently have unactivated AP attached to us in MDE. We won't activate the AP until we arrive a few days before Thanksgiving and plan to attend the Nov. 25 party. Can I buy party tickets for the AP price?

I feel like in the past they announce the dates AND the date they would go on sale which was a few days or a week or so later. I don't remember them ever selling them the day they announced dates. Thought that was weird. I haven't tried to buy mine yet.

I thought that was the way too. Then I saw people saying here that they bought their tickets so I was a little confused. It isn't a big deal, I just got really excited that there was the opportunity to plan since it is still too far for park hours and dining reservations lol.

We plan on spending the day at MK on a Party day, most likely Tuesday the 28th and i really want my mom to see the castle lighting before we get kicked out of the park? Will the timing work out? In a perfect world I was hoping to see the castle lighting and then grab the last ADR before the park closes to non party guests. I think you can reserve up to 6pm? Can anyone confirm?

We will be there Nov 25th to Dec 5th. I was wondering what day people would suggest we go to the party. I know last year the Sunday and Tuesday after Thanksgiving were sold out days. Which would be the better days Thurs Nov 29th or Tues Dec 4th? Just wondering if anyone went those days last year and how crowded they were. We went Dec 10th which was a Sunday and very crowded. TIA for any help.

I know everyone is excited but those asking about selling out, don’t worry unless you’re going like Christmas week. You have plenty of time. We went 12/1 last year(Friday)and it was busy but not nuts. I think it did end up selling out a few days before but it wasn’t bad.

Wow $109+tax for ages 10+ on 12/9.
Good thing I have $80 in Disney gift cards and my sister has $90 so we won't be spending much OOP for the tickets.
Haven't decided when I'm gonna buy yet.

I'm also waiting on flights to open up for our trip which won't be until May 31st.
I have a $100 voucher from my February trip for a flight delay so th will help with what I'm sure will be a fairly expensive flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter