"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Going to the 10/21 party. Party of 9 (5 year old, 10 year old, 2 seniors. Rest adults). So far this is what I have for our plan:

3:30-4:10 - Park Entrance. Bypass. Get Sorcerer Card
3:30-4:30 - BTMR FP
4:30-5:30 - 7DMT FP
4:50-7:10 - Line up 7D. Take turns runing for food/snack. Buzz FP (5:30-6:00).
7:10-7:40 - Not sure what we have time for yet. Maybo Lotso? How early do we have to be at HP?
7:40-8:40 - Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
8:15-8:40 - Pirates
8:45-9:35 - Parade at 9:15. Watch from Country Bear Jamboree
9:35-10:30 - Fireworkds at 10:15. Watch by Crystal Palace.
10:30-12:00 - ToT. Ride Space. Random Characters. Other Rides.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

TIA

Going to the 10/21 party. Party of 9 (5 year old, 10 year old, 2 seniors. Rest adults). So far this is what I have for our plan:

3:30-4:10 - Park Entrance. Bypass. Get Sorcerer Card
3:30-4:30 - BTMR FP
4:30-5:30 - 7DMT FP
4:50-7:10 - Line up 7D. Take turns runing for food/snack. Buzz FP (5:30-6:00).
7:10-7:40 - Not sure what we have time for yet. Maybo Lotso? How early do we have to be at HP?
7:40-8:40 - Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
8:15-8:40 - Pirates
8:45-9:35 - Parade at 9:15. Watch from Country Bear Jamboree
9:35-10:30 - Fireworkds at 10:15. Watch by Crystal Palace.
10:30-12:00 - ToT. Ride Space. Random Characters. Other Rides.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

TIA

It's a bit too early to plan. I would wait until after the Sept. parties are over. Meet & Greet times have changed.

Anyone know why Hall of Presidents and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor are closed for MNSSHP ?

What time will they be open until on a party day, 6:00 PM ?

They should be open until 6pm, but those in particular prob have last shows at 530p-ish FYI. I can't verify that 100% though, but Hall of Presidents played around 5:25p on Sunday and it appeared to be last show of day, or at least I would think.

What do we do for this in between time? Lightning - everything is closed. We'd have a drink but it's MK....

The storms seem to be hitting later in the day - 6-8 ish instead of 3-4 ish.

Fox said it best. Indoor treats, rides, and characters. Just remember about 20k of your closest friends will prob be doing the same. I would think it would clear out day guests faster though.

On Sunday:
We trick or treated at indoor spots (I think most if not all are covered this year?, but some of their lines are not) during half the rain, and took a drink break under cover for the other half. It was a welcoming way to force us to take a break since we had been going all weekend at Universal. Made us rest our barking dogs.

Hopefully it will pass fast!

Rained from 740ish up until a little after 9 and the first parade still started on time (maybe 5 min late). Just no Headless Horseman obviously.

Last edited:

Bearer of bad news, looks like it will last until 8pm and my friend just texted it's raining now!

upload_2018-9-11_18-57-4.png

That is just dumb and sad people do that (unless you won't be going before they stop selling the cups). I "almost" regretted buying it after I did since I have so many of the regular ones, and we do not drink much soda. But believe you me, we drank our $20 worth of soda/powerade in 2 days whether we wanted to or not lol. I could understand maybe $5 extra for time and effort to get, but twice the price is nuts.
I can't remember what beverages are available for use with the refillable cup. Sodas......what sugar free options are available? Is ice tea included? I would do coffee but I don't like drinking a cold beverage out of anything that has had coffee in it. I am always smelling coffee!

Wow! It's 5pm tonight's party has already begun!
I get butterflies for these parties!

I have heard from a friend currently at the party via text, she was able to pick up the Oogie Boogie PC bucket at 5:41 at the hub location ONLY. Also saw this on #MNSSHP

View attachment 350245

There is thunder.
Now where exactly is the hub popcorn stand? I am drawing a blank!

Join the club. I don't know where this magical location is either. I'm afraid to ask her due to what she's going though right now. The weather is being funky.

I can't remember what beverages are available for use with the refillable cup. Sodas......what sugar free options are available? Is ice tea included? I would do coffee but I don't like drinking a cold beverage out of anything that has had coffee in it. I am always smelling coffee!

I get coffee and tea with mine and assume they are included in price but I can't remember, so hopefully I'm not breaking rules. At Pop the choices were coke, diet Coke, coke zero, lite lemonade, blue powerade, hiC, Sprite, orange soda, and maybe root beer. AoA basically same but had mellow yellow and acai/blueberry/pomegranate vitamin water. (I remember the most worthless information ever)

CBR has freestyle machines so possibilities endless/abound at those kinds

Hub popcorn stand is between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland bridge for sure. They always have crazy lines though. Might be another stand in hub with popcorn I'm forgetting though.

The other stand opposite side between the Adventureland and Liberty bridges didn't have popcorn if I recall. Maybe toasted nuts or churros or something.

Liberty Square popcorn stand by the flag had OB popcorn buckets Sunday night with long lines too, right after 1st parade/during Wishes. I wish my photographic memory would help me win a million dollars or something lol

As the 530 eat to the beat show was ending the pa said there was cloud to ground lighting reported in the distance and to seek shelter in American Adventure we were headed out and while we saw thunder/lightning in the distance it was dry for our walk out

Text: They just announced that Jack & Sally will be returning. The lines have begun forming.

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED!

Last edited:
As the 530 eat to the beat show was ending the pa said there was cloud to ground lighting reported in the distance and to seek shelter in American Adventure we were headed out and while we saw thunder/lightning in the distance it was dry for our walk out

Lightning is always the culprit. Things will open or reopen in rain typically, once the lightning is at whatever distant Disney uses. BTMR reopened in (lite) rain on Sunday with lightning in the seemingly distant background

At the party now and gotta say this SUCKS. I can't believe I paid $200 for this. We did a little trick or treating, but now we're just sitting around, waiting for the rides to open back up. We were never really interested in anything else, so maybe that's our problem. Crowds aren't great either.

We want to leave but $200.... sigh

Lightning is always the culprit. Things will open or reopen in rain typically, once the lightning is at whatever distant Disney uses. BTMR reopened in (lite) rain on Sunday with lightning in the seemingly distant background

Now that's a shocker! About two/three months ago there were a few lightning strikes close to one of the resorts and it set off the fire alarms, not once but twice. Guests had to evacuate, fire crew arrived and inspected. Later they said if it continues they would close down that resort. News Round Up 2018 thread. Yup! It's all there!

Last edited:
At the party now and gotta say this SUCKS. I can't believe I paid $200 for this. We did a little trick or treating, but now we're just sitting around, waiting for the rides to open back up. We were never really interested in anything else, so maybe that's our problem. Crowds aren't great either.

We want to leave but $200.... sigh

go to guest services now!

go to guest services now!

Ah and say what? It's okay.. probably most of our misery is from blistered feet so I guess I shouldn't be complaining about the party itself. Just wish I were having a better time but here I am, literally crying in front of the people mover. Haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter