• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I watched Hallowishes from the hub last year and walked right onto Pirates. I think it depends on if you leisurely walk or book it.

Another question... will JC close at 6pm or 7pm since its not open for the party? I know that seems like a dumb question but the park technically closes for regular guests at 6pm.
Jungle Cruise will work like rides do at the end of a normal park day. Guests will be allowed to join the line until 5:59. At that point the ride will continue until all guests in line have ridden.

Starting at 6pm, show MNSSHP wristband for rides.
Yes. The difference here is that OP is asking about a ride that is not open during party hours. My understanding is that guests wishing to ride an attraction that is not open for the party, need to be in line by 5:59. Is this correct?

Halloween popcorn buckets are out got this one while waiting for Gaston it will light up when you activate it.

Tell me more, price, location? How hard does it seem to be to get one? I'm crossing my fingers that they'll be easier to get than Oogie Boogie. (Not that I don't want him too. LOL)

Yes. The difference here is that OP is asking about a ride that is not open during party hours. My understanding is that guests wishing to ride an attraction that is not open for the party, need to be in line by 5:59. Is this correct?

Yes, its not clear what time the ride will close off to guests, 6 or 7. Not sure if anyone knew for certain or experienced this at the first MNSSHP.

Had to read question again after your response. o_O
The 5:59 is for all rides (based on posts)---i.e. enter 7DMT @ 5:59pm, day guest could still ride. I know if ride open during party, show wristband b/t 6-7pm. Though in the past after 7, I've had CMs still check for wristband. Hopefully, someone that's attended a party will reply too.

Adding: JC is ToT trail during party.

Last edited:
I just spoke with a CM and they said rides not open during the party will close at 7pm.

Is this only for PP with MNSSHP tickets, since parks officially closes at 6pm to day guests? Since PP had to show wristbands last week b/t 6-7pm. Thanks!

Tell me more, price, location? How hard does it seem to be to get one? I'm crossing my fingers that they'll be easier to get than Oogie Boogie. (Not that I don't want him too. LOL)
I bought the bucket and a bottle of cola came to 18.50 and so far I have seen it at the cart right by the Gaston store. They have the smaller popcorn buckets that are also Halloween themed not sure that price. I have not seen it anywhere else as of now

I just got back from our trip, and I didn't keep up with the boards here, so I apologize for the delay! When we saw her she was standing at the black star I placed on this map, with a character attendant:
View attachment 345588

What's the significance of a character having an attendant? If Cruella is not an official M&G, does that mean she's not available for pictures/autographs? Just curious because she's on our "maybe" list of characters to visit.

What's the significance of a character having an attendant? If Cruella is not an official M&G, does that mean she's not available for pictures/autographs? Just curious because she's on our "maybe" list of characters to visit.
Just means no PP photographer with her and no organized line. She’ll wander and it’s up to you to approach her and will have to take your own picture. It can be a bit chaotic if there are a lot of people around so I’m shocked they’ve made her roaming, as she’s had a pretty decent wait the last few years??

Just means no PP photographer with her and no organized line. She’ll wander and it’s up to you to approach her and will have to take your own picture. It can be a bit chaotic if there are a lot of people around so I’m shocked they’ve made her roaming, as she’s had a pretty decent wait the last few years??

Hm. How difficult would it be to snag the attendant to snap the photo? I’m worried about it simply because I’m a solo traveler.

Man do I miss the Villains Mix and Mingle from long ago.

Try calling Disney. They say the tickets are not transferable but a lot of the phone CMS will do it.

If one tells you no just hang up and try again. Many people on here and people i know have been able to exchange days or get refunds.

DH and I were going on 9/14 originally but I had to change to 9/16. CM on the phone didn't even ask for a reason. Just made the switch for me. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter