• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

For the wristband distribution for DVC folks -- was that only happening at the front entrance? Were any of the other wristband locations set up yet?

Hoping a kind cast member will understand the plight of a solo traveler and I can grab one a tiny bit before 4. I'm not a DVC owner, but I was curious if they would have the distribution within the park ready to go at 2, at 4, or somewhere in between.
I would assume that there are strict guidelines for the distribution of the party bands. I'm sure most people (at least here) have party things that need to be accomplished.

Has anyone had the Not So Poison Apple Cupcake? It looks like it might be WAY too much buttercream but I also really want to try it. Any reports? It isn't special to the party so I may just try it the next time I go to the park...
It's on my list....and I'm an icing person. My party isn't until Oct 8th so I'll give my opinion after that ;)

Omg that is really good to know! Thank you! I’d love to get some merch on one of my other MK days before the 9/9 party!
This is great news! I'll be there on Oct 2nd but my party isn't until Oct 8th.

Is there a wheelchair section for hocus pocos? Last year everyone was standing around me and I really couldn’t see. And one lady kept sitting on the arm of my chair
The lady that sat on the arm of your chair.....I'm afraid I would have had to cattle-prod her! Ugh! Gross!

I have 4 tickets to the Halloween Party on October 12 (which is sold out), and due to extenuating circumstances, I need to trade them fro Tuesday the 16th. I cannot legally sell them, but if I can find someone who wants to purchase tickets for the 16th we can trade! Anyone interested?
That party isn't sold out according to the disney site.

I would assume that there are strict guidelines for the distribution of the party bands. I'm sure most people (at least here) have party things that need to be accomplished.

Yes, everyone definitely feels the time crunch in parties. That’s why I’m thinking of cutting out the 7 Dwarves and just doing Jack Skellington. I only meant that it couldn’t hurt to ask a CM if I happened to be at wristband distribution 15-20 minutes before 4.

upload_2018-8-23_8-56-38.png

Just a heads up that this party is NOT sold out according to the Disney website.

Didn't want anyone to be disappointed or change their plans if they are hoping to go on October 12.

upload_2018-8-23_8-58-7.pngupload_2018-8-23_8-56-38.png upload_2018-8-23_8-58-7.png

Yes, everyone definitely feels the time crunch in parties. That’s why I’m thinking of cutting out the 7 Dwarves and just doing Jack Skellington. I only meant that it couldn’t hurt to ask a CM if I happened to be at wristband distribution 15-20 minutes before 4.

I've been to a few parties and, since we are always already in the park, we get to the distribution areas about 15 mins early each time (yes, lines do start to form there also). Last year I actually did politely ask if they ever hand out the party bands a few minutes earlier than 4P (as they were letting in people at front gate sooner than 4P and, therefore, they had their party bands already). I was told no, never.

I saw this a million pages back (this thread moves FAST), but to get the allergy free options without doing the trick or treating and collecting the coins, do you go to City Hall or the allergy center to the right in Town Square? Basically, I'm wondering why you'd go to guest relations to get the allergy candy without tokens and not the allergy-friendly center.

I'm going next week! Curious if anyone who has attended a MNSSHP this year saw the country bears out and about? I'd love to get a picture with them but haven't seen anything official. I know they've been known to wander.

The crunchy things are pecans. I really wanted to try this but alas I am allergic to nuts. I would have scraped off some of the frosting I am sure.

REgarding the crunchy things in the not so poison cupcake - the description said pecans, but the crunch didn't feel like pecans. When you bite a nut, you are biting down on something hard. This felt more like the crunch that you feel when you bite down on a a potato chip. (I assume the pecans are in there, but it didn't feel like I was eating pecans.)

Maybe somebody can eat the cupcake in daylight and give a better report.

I think I either read or watched a video that the crucnch is the candy that is usually on a candy apple

Last edited:
I saw this a million pages back (this thread moves FAST), but to get the allergy free options without doing the trick or treating and collecting the coins, do you go to City Hall or the allergy center to the right in Town Square? Basically, I'm wondering why you'd go to guest relations to get the allergy candy without tokens and not the allergy-friendly center.

Allergy locations (2) listed on Post #1. Reports stating can go there without coins.

yo go to Exposition Hall (where the photopass center and entrance to Mickey and Tink is) and/or the Liberty Square room (right next to HoP) for the allergy stuff

I'm going next week! Curious if anyone who has attended a MNSSHP this year saw the country bears out and about? I'd love to get a picture with them but haven't seen anything official. I know they've been known to wander.

I'm pretty sure that at one point in Frontierland, I mentioned seeing a Country Bear out, but it was very loud, crowded, and we were moving the opposite direction, so I'm not positive. My son doesn't remember me pointed it out, but he may not have been paying attention to me. Hopefully someone paying better attention will know for sure.

I have a question I haven't been able to find an answer for. For the party treats will they be available when the party starts or at 4pm when you can enter? Do you just show your wristband to get one? Trying to make a plan for the night!

REgarding the crunchy things in the not so poison cupcake - the description said pecans, but the crunch didn't feel like pecans. When you bite a nut, you are biting down on something hard. This felt more like the crunch that you feel when you bite down on a a potato chip. (I assume the pecans are in there, but it didn't feel like I was eating pecans.)

Maybe somebody can eat the cupcake in daylight and give a better report.

Pecan Praline Filling?

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a22739875/disney-poison-apple-cupcakes-halloween/

Pralines are a little bit softer because they're boiled.

I watched the fireworks from near the water across from Country Bear Jamboree, then went straight to Pirates and walked right on. But other people said that trying to ride Pirates after the fireworks was a mistake because there was a huge line; I assume they watched the fireworks from closer to the castle.

Yes, we watched from the middle back of the hub, and mentioned that a very large number of people went to Pirates after the fireworks. The Adventure Land bridge was jammed. The wait for Pirates was 10-15 minutes even with the long line, not too bad.
We then went to Frontier Land for the parade.. as mentioned before, it was crowded 3-5 deep, but we found a spot my son could sit with a slight blocked view from a pole, and I stood back right on the tape but could see fine.

After parade passed we went back through Adventure Land and got to the hub as the parade was passing through on the other side.. we went to the Castle stage and were 10 rows back center for the Villains show.. But that quickly filled in behind us.

The fireworks and show were crowded, but had a couple feet room around us instead of being crammed shoulder to shoulder like HEA

I watched Hallowishes from the hub last year and walked right onto Pirates. I think it depends on if you leisurely walk or book it.

Another question... will JC close at 6pm or 7pm since its not open for the party? I know that seems like a dumb question but the park technically closes for regular guests at 6pm.

I watched Hallowishes from the hub last year and walked right onto Pirates. I think it depends on if you leisurely walk or book it.

Another question... will JC close at 6pm or 7pm since its not open for the party? I know that seems like a dumb question but the park technically closes for regular guests at 6pm.

Starting at 6pm, show MNSSHP wristband for rides.

EDIT: As OP posted reminder, JC is ToT trail during party.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter