• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

We went to Friday’s party. We were already in the park at 4:00, since we had day tickets, too. At 6:00, they started checking for wrist bands before allowing people to enter the ride queues. So, party guests could still ride between 6:00 and 7:00, but day guests could not.
What time were you able to get your band since you were already in the park? Thanks

If we watch the fireworks from Casey's do you think there's enough time afterward to ride Pirates then get a spot for the 2nd parade?

Is there a wheelchair section for hocus pocos? Last year everyone was standing around me and I really couldn’t see. And one lady kept sitting on the arm of my chair

If we watch the fireworks from Casey's do you think there's enough time afterward to ride Pirates then get a spot for the 2nd parade?

Spots in front of the train station stay open a lot longer than other places. Only bad thing is you'll be at the end of the parade so it'll take a while to get to you.

On the other hand, that's a great position to be in if you want a short wait for Mickey. You just duck into his line as the last float approaches.

Since it's been a year and I can't find it - was there something about the amount of food you can take in a carry on? We want to go trick or treating for the 1st time with our 2 grandkids.

And one lady kept sitting on the arm of my chair

WHAAAAAAT?!?!?! I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm just so horrified that someone would do that!

PSA, folks: A person's mobility device is an extension of their body. If you wouldn't sit on their lap, you sure as heck shouldn't be sitting on their chair!

WHAAAAAAT?!?!?! I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm just so horrified that someone would do that!

PSA, folks: A person's mobility device is an extension of their body. If you wouldn't sit on their lap, you sure as heck shouldn't be sitting on their chair!

I have also had someone sit on the basket for my ecv on the bus once. She squeezed between my ecv and the bar in front of me and then sat on the basket.

Just to be sure, I'd already be almost crossing the Adventureland bridge at the Wishes finale if that's the case to ensure you have enough time. It will be cutting it close but as long as it's a low wait I see it being doable. But like OSBuckeye said, you'd prob have to try and hoof it to the front of the park to not miss the parade as more than likely it will prob already be starting in Frontierland, but maybe not if you can get on and off Pirates fast enough.

Yup, that was me. Cake part was pretty good. Frosting was really really really sweet. For comparison, that was my 4th Disney cupcake in 4 days, so it’s not like I’ve never had cupcake frosting before.

Also it has crunchy things in it. I couldn’t see them because I was eating outside after dark. Not the crunchy little balls that Disney puts on its cupcakes these days, but same effect. Why does Disney think we want our cupcakes to crunch?

It was better than the pumpkin cheesecake, if you want a Halloween-specific treat. If you just want a good cupcake, skip it.

Also it is $1 more than other Disney cupcakes (before tax).

Also no takeout containers at Main Street Bakery. You carry it out in a bowl.

The crunchy things are pecans. I really wanted to try this but alas I am allergic to nuts. I would have scraped off some of the frosting I am sure.

If the characters aren't popular, I'm assuming they don't come out until 7--is that right?

Correct. So far Jack & Sally, Dwarfs and Moana are the only characters that come out early. Elvis Stitch is an unknown (at least for me) and the remaining characters start meeting at 7pm.

Is the Alex and Ani MNSSHP bracelets a limited number or only available at the party? I’m not there till October and it’s one of the items I’d like to get (the Hocus Pocus one). As I’m over in the U.K., buying off eBay means hefty shipping and customs so if I could get it over there when I’m on hols, I’ll wait...
Thanks

I watched the fireworks from near the water across from Country Bear Jamboree, then went straight to Pirates and walked right on. But other people said that trying to ride Pirates after the fireworks was a mistake because there was a huge line; I assume they watched the fireworks from closer to the castle.

Since it's been a year and I can't find it - was there something about the amount of food you can take in a carry on? We want to go trick or treating for the 1st time with our 2 grandkids.

Do you mean airport security? Last year people reported that when they went through airport security after the Halloween party, they had to remove all food items from their carryon bags, and TSA swabbed every single piece of candy. It took forever. (About that time, Disney had people get on the Magic Express an hour earlier than normal because security lines were so long.)

I flew home the day after the first party this year and I started a thread on the transportation board about this. I had Precheck and they didn't have us remove food items from our carry on bags so it was no problem for me. The amount of candy I had with me only filled two quart size zip loc bags. I gave the rest away to a friend, which was more than half of my haul. I gave her all of the non-chocolate candy, and I gave her the M&Ms because I can't eat them.

I asked people to report in if they flew home with candy after the party and did not have Precheck, but nobody did.

I have 4 tickets to the Halloween Party on October 12 (which is sold out), and due to extenuating circumstances, I need to trade them fro Tuesday the 16th. I cannot legally sell them, but if I can find someone who wants to purchase tickets for the 16th we can trade! Anyone interested?

Try calling Disney. They say the tickets are not transferable but a lot of the phone CMS will do it.

If one tells you no just hang up and try again. Many people on here and people i know have been able to exchange days or get refunds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter