• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Christmas merchandise released but no Halloween yet?! C’mon Disney!!!
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...rchandise-is-here-and-its-kind-of-surprising/

This stuff is for the Christmas in July promotion WDW holds annually. I'm sure this is just a snippet of all they will offer during Christmas season.
https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/photos-christmas-in-july-at-disney-parks-new-2018-holiday-merchandise/

After the July promotion we should see some Halloween merchandise party:

Halloween Happenings
:maleficenReturn To Sleepy Hollow @ Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
The event will include a group viewing of the 1949 classic animated Disney film, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow inside the resort’s historic Tri-Circle-D Ranch stables. During event nights, you’ll be able to see galloping ghosts and experience an up close and personal encounter with the Headless Horseman. You’ll be given the opportunity to have a PhotoPass photo with the Headless Horseman and his horse (Not a backdrop, but a real character and real horse). You’ll also receive a collector’s pin and a viewing of the original 1949 Disney animated classic film “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.”
New this year, a dessert party at 9:00pm after the movie if you’re viewing the 8 p.m. show or prior to the movie if you’re viewing the later show.

Dates: September 28-30, October 3-7 and October 10-14, 17-21 & 24-31

Times: 8:00pm & 10:00pm; 9:00pm Dessert Party

Location: Tri-Circle D Ranch at Fort Wilderness Resort (location check-in for movie & meet and greet) & Blacksmith Shop (location of dessert party). You will be allowed to park at Fort Wilderness with this reservation.

Tickets: Reservations are open now. Reservations can be booked 180 days in advance for non-resort guests and 180+10 days in advance for resort guests. This experience can be reserved by calling 407-WDW-TOUR.

General Admission: $22 (
Access to watch 37 minute movie & guests 3 years or older will receive the limited edition pin.)

Premium Seating: $38 (Excludes Dessert Party; Reserved seating 6-10 rows; Limited edition pin & Sleepy Halloween treats bag and logo cup.)

Ultimate (Dessert Party): $60 (Access to the Van Tassel dessert party; Reserved seating first five rows for the movie; Limited edition pin & Sleepy Halloween treats bag and logo cup.)

Prepay at time of booking. Space is extremely limited for this offering. No discounts available. 2D Cancellation Policy.

I'm sure it's been covered already, but what are people's thoughts on this? Is it worth the added premium or would it be better to view from a distance? I have a free day or two that I could lock in some of these other events (although I am attending the Hoop-Dee-Doo show in the area).

I'm sure it's been covered already, but what are people's thoughts on this? Is it worth the added premium or would it be better to view from a distance? I have a free day or two that I could lock in some of these other events (although I am attending the Hoop-Dee-Doo show in the area).

We did this event last year with premium seating only because that's all that was available when we booked. The barn is small so I'm not sure the closer seating is necessary. We are doing the dessert party this year though.

I did a review which includes photos: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989882"]Post #12 - Strategy and Itinerary Thread[/URL]

We did this event last year with premium seating only because that's all that was available when we booked. The barn is small so I'm not sure the closer seating is necessary. We are doing the dessert party this year though.
Thanks for the input! We might swing by and take a peek, but it'll probably be a pass from us this year; lots of other fun events to look forward to.

Are adults/parents allowed to trick-or-treat, or only children?
Well DH and I sure are planning on getting candy in October lol. We booked with Southwest for the first time and I'm definitely going to utilize the 2 free checked bags.

Early in the night the lines sometimes get long but they definitely lighten up. They are pretty efficient handing out the candy, I am just talking about the sheer number of people in line. Btw, waiting is generally good practice so you don't have to haul it around with you while you enjoy MK.

It’s been a long day dealing w/ this mess. I copied my conversation from lines app bc too much info to type over again...

This happened to us last August but the dreaded e-mail wasn't sent until the first day of our trip. I didn't see it until the next day and our last day FP were gone already. I spent a lot of time on the phone with IT while at HS to straighten things out. Next time I will purchase extra day(s) of park tickets and not use party tickets for FP. We usually do week or more trips so the extra cost is minimal for us and will be less stressful for me!

Not necessary. I did regular seating last year and could see perfectly fine.

Anyone staying off site and attending the August 17 party? The 30 day FP window was yesterday and just wondering how that process went. We are attending the 10/21 party without park tickets for that day, and staying off site. Really hoping to be able to make some FP reservations for the pre-party park time. (sorry if this has already been discussed, I attempted to look for this answer, I promise!)

Thanks for the quick response!!! Are the lines to get candy crazy long like they are to some of the character meets? Just trying to gather as much info. so that I can plan accordingly.

Candy lines for early parties are generally small. They move fairly quick. Also depends on the area. there is no limit to how many times you can go through a line. So if it's candy you are interested in keep going through the line. Also utilize candy trails that have multiple buckets along the way . So one line but like 3-4 stops for candy.

Anyone staying off site and attending the August 17 party? The 30 day FP window was yesterday and just wondering how that process went. We are attending the 10/21 party without park tickets for that day, and staying off site. Really hoping to be able to make some FP reservations for the pre-party park time. (sorry if this has already been discussed, I attempted to look for this answer, I promise!)
Today is actually the 30 day window for 8/17, and curious to hear from anyone offsite as well. I know onsite guests with only party tickets had luck at 60 days, hoping offsite guests are having the same results!

2 years ago we had a family trip planned for Dec and MVMCP. I ended up down there for a few nights in Nov and on one of the party nights I went over in the late afternoon thinking I'd just do the park from 5-7 before it closed. Then, watching people enter I decided what the heck and went over to GS and bought a ticket. It was such a nice, relaxing party experience! Have I maximized the parties more? Sure. But the price wasn't going to break me, I enjoyed it a lot and I'd do it again. ::yes::
Thank you! I bit the bullet and bought a ticket :)
I know I won’t be maximizing my party time, but at least I’ll be maximizing my time at WDW! Looking forward to a very chill night!

DH and I are doing what was going to be a short, Universal only trip for my 40th birthday. Then I got it in my head we should look at a party but it would either be our arrival day or my actual birthday (also our last park day) and I ultimately wanted to spend that over on the Darkside.

So we change our flights, booked a night at the contemporary and are going for a few more days . We still end up at MNSSHP on our arrival day but with the extra couple of days, I think it will work out - plus big yay to not have to wait for the monorail after the party! I’ve always wanted to stay at the Contemporary!

Today was our FP booking day and it went smoothly - apparently unlike many others! We only have the party tickets and I was able to book 3 FP with my ideal windows - 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6:00. Only downer was that SDMT was unavailable but big plus is that we got BTMR which we wanted just in case is it actually closed for the party.

So hotel booked, character breakfast booked, FPs made and constume pieces have all arrived. Only thing to do now is count down from 60!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter