• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

So my 2 year old is very into Moana. Does she usually start meeting early? What time is best to line up for her?

Yes, last year (1st Year @ Party) she started meeting @ 5:45pm on the dot. I lined up @ 4pm, 1st in line, was done by 5:50pm. The "real" line was forming around 4:30-4:45pm (long).

This information was taken down sometime today by some unknown subject. Most of us here are waiting to hear officially from Disney before changes are made to our upcoming plans.
It’s rumored that the tickets will be available again on Monday, so lots of speculation that we’ll see an official Disney release on or before then. I was really hoping today.....but I’ll settle for Monday! LOL

Yes, last year (1st Year @ Party) she started meeting @ 5:45pm on the dot. I lined up @ 4pm, 1st in line, was done by 5:50pm. The "real" line was forming around 4:30-4:45pm (long).
Thank you, Monique! This is just what I need to know! I will plan to line up at 4 while hubby takes DS and feeds him and comes back to meet me

Does anyone know whether Disney usually offers military discounts for party tickets? We are going to the party with a military family, all of us Disney newbies. I know they can buy their discounted park tickets on base but not sure whether this extends to the party tickets too.

Edit: We are hoping to go on Halloween itself, so I know I will need to move quickly once tickets are released.

Does anyone know whether Disney usually offers military discounts for party tickets? We are going to the party with a military family, all of us Disney newbies. I know they can buy their discounted park tickets on base but not sure whether this extends to the party tickets too.

Edit: We are hoping to go on Halloween itself, so I know I will need to move quickly once tickets are released.

I am no expert, but I believe that they do offer a military discount, but it is only for certain party days. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Has it been pointed out that according to Disney’s calendar, they’re closing at 6 pm the nights of September 6, 7, 8, and 9th?!? That’s a lot of nights in a row!

I'll hunt around and see how good my google-fu is but...
Is Nov 1 usually a party day? I hear last year Nov 1 was a party day - wondering if that's kinda standard.

I'll hunt around and see how good my google-fu is but...
Is Nov 1 usually a party day? I hear last year Nov 1 was a party day - wondering if that's kinda standard.
Someone listed previous years on another thread and it’s been about 50/50. This year is on track to be no party for nov 1.

I was looking into this as well; we are hoping to go to the party during our August vacation.
Based on info posted over at Military Tips for last years MNSSHP, tickets cannot be purchased on base. They can however be purchased from Shades of Green. If the military member calls the SOG ticket office they will email the forms to fill out, and they will ship the tickets for a fee. Tickets can also be purchased 'in person' at SOG resort, or with military ID at WDW ticket or Guest Relations. PPs are correct; these tickets are only offered for certain dates. In 2017 tickets were offered for dates in August and September. If you want to attend the party on Halloween, just purchase them from Disney as soon as they go on sale. :)

Has it been pointed out that according to Disney’s calendar, they’re closing at 6 pm the nights of September 6, 7, 8, and 9th?!? That’s a lot of nights in a row!

Yes, I have read that a couple of those dates could be NOJ. I heard that it may be returning to MK this year. I was really hoping for that 9-6 party myself!!

Disney does offer discounted tickets for military and cast members on selected nights. I believe last year it was for certain party dates in August and September. I know our party on 9-24 last year was a discounted party and it was sold out and super busy! I actually think it was the last discounted party of the season. If you find the party thread for last year they will be listed there and they should be similar!! Good luck!!

What’s night of joy?

From http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/planning/events/night-of-joy/
Night of Joy is a contemporary Christian music festival held each year on a Friday and Saturday in September. Night of Joy will take place at ESPN Wide World of Sports. Guests will get admission to the ESPN Wide World of Sports, as well as have the option to purchase a special ticket that includes access to one of the four Walt Disney World theme parks. From 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. each night, enjoy fun and fellowship, as well as enjoy live performances by today’s top bands in contemporary Christian rock, pop and gospel. This event requires a special ticket.

I guess there is speculation that it might be moved from ESPN Wide World of Sports. It was at Wide World of Sports in 2016 and 2017. In 2015, 2014 and 2013 performances were at Castle Forecourt Stage, Galaxy Stage and Rockettower Stage in the Magic Kingdom. I'm not going to Google further back than that because I'm hungry.

Disney does offer discounted tickets for military and cast members on selected nights. I believe last year it was for certain party dates in August and September. I know our party on 9-24 last year was a discounted party and it was sold out and super busy! I actually think it was the last discounted party of the season. If you find the party thread for last year they will be listed there and they should be similar!! Good luck!!

I am no expert, but I believe that they do offer a military discount, but it is only for certain party days. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

That is true, and the closer the Halloween, no military discount.

I was looking into this as well; we are hoping to go to the party during our August vacation.
Based on info posted over at Military Tips for last years MNSSHP, tickets cannot be purchased on base. They can however be purchased from Shades of Green. If the military member calls the SOG ticket office they will email the forms to fill out, and they will ship the tickets for a fee. Tickets can also be purchased 'in person' at SOG resort, or with military ID at WDW ticket or Guest Relations. PPs are correct; these tickets are only offered for certain dates. In 2017 tickets were offered for dates in August and September. If you want to attend the party on Halloween, just purchase them from Disney as soon as they go on sale. :)

I hope I have quoted multiple replies correctly. Thank you all so much for the info about how to get military tickets. It sounds like it will be highly unlikely that Disney will offer the discounted tickets on Halloween itself, and probably not any time during their trip, so I will just try to buy our tickets at the full price as soon as they become available.

Thank you also for the suggestion about Military Tips - I think that will be very useful for both myself, as the main trip planner, and also my friend.

Thanks again, all. Hopefully the official dates will be released very soon.

Wanting to attend the Sept 9th party! This will be hubby and I thrid MNSSHP, but will be my grown kids first plus DS GF and her 4 yr old.. SUper excited to see it through the eyes of a 4 yr old.. Cannot wait for tickets to go on sale and to be able to book LTT for an early dinner that day too...

I received an alert this morning from Touring Plans that MK has changed it’s hours from 9-6 to 9-9 on August 21st and went to the Disney site to check it out. Looks like that’s the case so no party that night for those watching for it! The 24th still closes at 6, thats what we’re planning on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter