"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Once I upgrade to the AP do you think there is any chance guest services would refund the difference in the party tickets? Its not much money but just curious if it is worth a try.

While I don't have first hand knowledge, I have heard that this is generally accepted practice to refund the difference.

Last Sept I had previously purchased party tickets then decided to go with an AP. I was refunded the difference but was told this is not standard practice so it may depend on the CM.

Does anyone know if the restaurants stay open between 6-7? So if we are attending the party, and wanted to eat at CHH at 6, would we be able to do that? Thanks!!

If 2018 is like other recent years, MK does not shut down as the party approaches. Starting around 6:45pm or so, Cast Members will direct people without wristbands to the park exit. At 7:00pm, you won't be able to do anything (buy food, merchandise, get in ride lines) without the wristband. I don't know what CMs do if you're still inside the restaurant after 7:00pm and still eating your food, you'll probably get polite reminders to leave as the time draws near. If you plan to be at CHH around 6pm to eat, you should be fine. Unless you eat really fast, you'll probably be guided to the exits after you finish your meal.

Thanks, we’re actually going to be attending the party, so that won’t be an issue. I thought I ready somewhere about regular park hours ending at 6:00 for a 7:00 party, so just want to ensure the restaurants stayed open in that 6-7 timeframe.

If 2018 is like other recent years, MK does not shut down as the party approaches. Starting around 6:45pm or so, Cast Members will direct people without wristbands to the park exit. At 7:00pm, you won't be able to do anything (buy food, merchandise, get in ride lines) without the wristband. I don't know what CMs do if you're still inside the restaurant after 7:00pm and still eating your food, you'll probably get polite reminders to leave as the time draws near. If you plan to be at CHH around 6pm to eat, you should be fine. Unless you eat really fast, you'll probably be guided to the exits after you finish your meal.
The park will likely close at 6pm this year as it did for MVMCP last year, which means that non-party goers will need to exit by 6pm. Party goers, however, will certainly have food options leading up to the party (which is what the poster was asking about).

If you look at the MK Park hours for the week 8/20-8/24 The 21st and the 24th the MK closes at 6pm maybe those are Party nights. We are looking for early September and the Park hours are changing to 6pm for some nights. I might think those are Party Nights. Good Luck
Yes I saw those too, in fact there are 3 of those in our timeframe, so I am crossing all fingers and toes .. would be our first time to go to one of these!
Good luck to you too :)

Columbus day or labor day for a Monday party? I don't think they had a Columbus day one last year (if they do, it will totally throw off my theoretical planning this year!)

They have had a party on Columbus day in 2016 & 2017 and a party the following night (Tues) as well.

I am planning to attend the party on 10/9.

If you are already in the park do you need to check-in somewhere prior to the start of the party?

Do Halloween decorations go up in MK for the very first MNSSHP? I'm visiting the last week of August and hoping to see Main Street in its natural, non-Halloween, glory.

Do Halloween decorations go up in MK for the very first MNSSHP? I'm visiting the last week of August and hoping to see Main Street in its natural, non-Halloween, glory.

All the decorations will be up before the first party. Based on the speculated August dates, you're going to see Halloween decorations the last week of August.

If you are already in the park do you need to check-in somewhere prior to the start of the party?

Yes, you don't need to go back to the entrance to get your wristband. There are a few locations inside MK where you can check in, I believe we got ours by POTC last time. From looking at other posts, there will probably be three spots to get your wristband in Adventureland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland.

We will be there the last week in Aug and it looks like the Park is closing on Tues & Fri at 6pm according to the Park Hours. I am hoping that means they will start it early again this year. August is a bit early for me but my son loves halloween and still pretends to go tick or treating (he is a little over 3) so I think this will be magical for him. Fingers crossed!

We sure will! Undecided on costumes for us so far. I’ve got to get my family in agreement! Lol

If we want to meet characters, watch fireworks and the parade, and get treats is one party enough or should we do two? We would still like time to ride some rides so I'm just not sure if 1 party is enough time. Any thoughts?

The park will likely close at 6pm this year as it did for MVMCP last year, which means that non-party goers will need to exit by 6pm. Party goers, however, will certainly have food options leading up to the party (which is what the poster was asking about).
I will be attending August 21 party so I plan on reporting what I see in regards of the new rules. I will try to post live if not I will post the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter