• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

We booked the last week in August. I'm really hoping for two parties! Costumes are going to be Ursula and the Haunted Mansion Ghost Bride (NOT Constance, but the original beating heart bride :bride:) How much longer until the dates come out???:rolleyes1

And, does anyone know of a service that will alert me when discount codes come out? Because Holy Moly those hotel rooms are not cheap. :sad: I'd love to get a discount code.

Following along! So excited! Maybe this year we will get to actually do a full party! First Time= wash out for 75% of it (cancelled parade/fireworks etc) and then last year Hurricane made us change our plans!

Can somebody explain the ticket buying process to me, for the Halloween party? Do you get actual physical tickets? Or do they just show in your My Disney Experience account, and then you have to assign them to people in your MDE account?

Can somebody explain the ticket buying process to me, for the Halloween party? Do you get actual physical tickets? Or do they just show in your My Disney Experience account, and then you have to assign them to people in your MDE account?

You should get an actual ticket, they are nothing special, they just look like any other WDW ticket. They will show up in your MDE account and you'll have assigned the ticket to different people while you are purchasing them.

Ticket buying question # 2: In the past, have there been discounts available for the Halloween party tickets (AP, DVC)?

If yes, are there restrictions on who you can buy for? Could I buy at a discount for myself and a friend, or does it have to be a family member?

(Thank you to @OhioStateBuckeye for answering my other question).

Ticket buying question # 2: In the past, have there been discounts available for the Halloween party tickets (AP, DVC)?

If yes, are there restrictions on who you can buy for? Could I buy at a discount for myself and a friend, or does it have to be a family member?

Yes, there will be discounts. However, they won't usually be that significant, maybe $5-10ish a ticket.

I think there is a limit as to how many you can buy, but it does not have to be a family member.

Yes, there will be discounts. However, they won't usually be that significant, maybe $5-10ish a ticket.

I think there is a limit as to how many you can buy, but it does not have to be a family member.

Thank you for your help!

Yep, just saw Saturday today. I couldn't see it when I posed that. Seems like a lot!!

I think Saturday's hours were just posted today. We arrive on Saturday & that is the only day posted for my week so far. Will be interesting to see what the following week hours look like. I really can't believe they would do 3 party nights in a row over a weekend.

I know that weekend used to be Night of Joy at MK, but I think that is at a World of Sports again this year.

I think Saturday's hours were just posted today. We arrive on Saturday & that is the only day posted for my week so far. Will be interesting to see what the following week hours look like. I really can't believe they would do 3 party nights in a row over a weekend.

I know that weekend used to be Night of Joy at MK, but I think that is at a World of Sports again this year.

Kenny the Pirate actually has 9/8 as Night of Joy.

Kenny the Pirate actually has 9/8 as Night of Joy.

I had checked world of sports listings about 2 weeks ago & thought I saw NOJ listed there again. But with these hours, looks like it will be back at MK. Guess the experiment at WOS didn’t go well.

At least we know Disney hasn’t completely gone off the deep edge with parties! :rotfl2:

Edit to add: just looked at Kenny the pirate’s site. He has question marks with his NOJ listing, “Night of Joy??” so he is guessing just like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Yep, just saw Saturday today. I couldn't see it when I posed that. Seems like a lot!!
Whats up with the Monday/thursday party dates. Im going 9/15-9/20 and basically my whole plan revolves around the parties being on Sunday and Tuesday. Think this is just an aberration because of the Labor Day holiday?

I followed the 2017 thread because we went to the party and I wanted to post about our experience on this one. We went last year the Friday before Labor Day and it was packed and it rained. We waited well over an hour to meet Belle and Gaston and then it rained for over two hours. Both shows were canceled and the parades were delayed. They basically had a parade, fireworks and the second parade back to back to back. Since it rained and nothing was going on the trick or treat lines were huge. Honestly, I don’t think it would have been that great without the rain either. We just didn’t like it, but that’s just my opinion.
We went to the same party! September 1st - the Friday before Labor Day. I agree with you - it was pretty rough. A lot of rain, cancelled shows, totally packed with people, they pushed some stuff back, but no one knew *when* it would happen, as they were just looking at the weather to decide whether to go with it or not. Which means we spent time waiting and waiting for the first parade and for the fireworks, hoping it would happen, and then giving up, and then missing or almost missing it. We missed half of the Fireworks this way. It was hard to find out if the characters had been cancelled or relocated. It was a very expensive night for what we got to do. I will *never* buy tickets in advance again.

And the previous year, my two parties were cancelled in October because of Matthew. So I'm batting 0 for 2 the last two years!

So with all this rain and crowds the last two years, I said no more September or October to Disney. But now, my DH just announced he has a conference in Ponte Vedra mid-September. So, I'm thinking, do I get to do a MNSSHP do-over? What if we go to WDW for a couple of day before the conference, and if the weather is nice we get tickets to MNSSHP? Hmmm, we still have our costumes from last year...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter