"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Thanks all, we watched the fireworks last night by the water across from the Countey Bear Jamboree as suggested, it was a great spot! We booked it over to POTC afterward and walked on, then went through the ToT line near the ride twice and then got a front row spot for the parade in front of the churro cart. After the parade we met Jafar and went on the flying carpets. We didn’t leave till 12:50am, they were still taking photo pass pics when we left!

Very excited to be attending the party on October 2nd for my birthday trip! As always, I'll be going with my brother. He's dressing up as Pooh (the dude's got a good sense of humor), and I will be Hoth/Ep V Leia. I found the vest on Her Universe, and of all things I'll be wearing jogger style white scrub pants, with a breathable white long sleeve shirt underneath. Still looking for comfy grey combat boots. I have a few in mind. Who else will be there Oct 2? Maybe we can meet up!

I'm not the one you were asking, but I can tell you that Gaston & Belle did not start before 7:00 at the first MNSSHP. I know this because I saw the line around 6:45 and joined it. There weren't a lot of people ahead of me, but it went slow because Gaston was very chatty.

Thanks! His chatter always makes for a great interaction.

We will be attending our first party on October 16th. How are the fireworks views for the party? Do you have to scope out a spot super early? Is it advantageous at all to do the dessert party to get better viewing?

We will be attending our first party on October 16th. How are the fireworks views for the party? Do you have to scope out a spot super early? Is it advantageous at all to do the dessert party to get better viewing?

IMHO a dessert party is not needed for good viewing. My experience has been that I can walk up to the Hub 15 or so mins in advance and find room. It will be crowded - perhaps very crowded - but it’s typically not HEA/can’t move around crowded.

To me, the dessert party for MNSSHP is more of a splurge/luxury as opposed to a crowd avoidance technique. I feel the opposite for the HEA dessert party.

Question for y’all. Last year the prices of MNSSHP were raised significantly and, probably as a result, there were only two sold out parties - 10/14 and 10/31. So why would it matter much if they raised ticket capacity this year, as is being discussed here? How is it a factor? They didn’t make the cap for most parties last year! Do you think people are more acclimated to the high prices this year so people who said “Oh man, that is too pricey!” last year are pulling the trigger?

I have attended various first parties of the season and they have mostly been sellouts (last year’s first MNSSHP was unusual but felt like it was fairly close to being sold out) and they have all been chaotic (the worst for me was the first MVMCP in 2015...what a mess!). None have been very representative of later parties. Interested in seeing more reports when there are more parties per week, since I think one Friday party in a week (like last night’s) will always result anomalous crowd levels.

Very excited to be attending the party on October 2nd for my birthday trip! As always, I'll be going with my brother. He's dressing up as Pooh (the dude's got a good sense of humor), and I will be Hoth/Ep V Leia. I found the vest on Her Universe, and of all things I'll be wearing jogger style white scrub pants, with a breathable white long sleeve shirt underneath. Still looking for comfy grey combat boots. I have a few in mind. Who else will be there Oct 2? Maybe we can meet up!

We'll be there. Starlord and Gamora in full green glory. Probably be quite easy to spot. Hoth Leia is my favorite.

Can anyone comment on the crowd level for the 12 AM Hocus Pocus show? I’m trying to find out if it’s feasible to squeeze in a ride at HM or POTC between the end of the second parade and that show. Thanks.
Where are you planning to watch the parade? We’ve watched from the end of Main Street and barely have time to get into a line before midnight. If you’re watching from Frontierland you may have time to ride something close, depending on the line and length of the ride. I wouldn’t recommend Splash, but BTMRR should be doable?

Can anyone comment on the crowd level for the 12 AM Hocus Pocus show? I’m trying to find out if it’s feasible to squeeze in a ride at HM or POTC between the end of the second parade and that show. Thanks.
We were walking out to go home last night at around 11:45. There were already people in front of the stage waiting for the show but it did not wrap around the hub. Strictly in front of the stage. IMO, it was a very small crowd.

I've seen a lot of posts mention how good the view of HalloWishes is from Frontierland, but it seems that most people choose that spot because they want to make it to a ride or character while the wait is still low. So if making it to a ride or character isn't a factor, is it still best to watch the fireworks in front of the castle?

For those attending the party and planning on bringing candy home in a carry on, you better put it in gallon zip bag because they will remove it and place it in a separate bin to have it checked. It just happened to me and many others around. They are asking all food to be checked
They asked the same thing when we went through. I had mine in a gallon bag, and they actually opened the bag and dumped it all in a bin. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter