"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

What was the airport like?

The biggest thing I remember is how many people were flying out with their pets. There was this one older gentleman with his two cats. He had to take them from their carriers and was trying to hold them both in his arms and they were slipping out. I wanted to help him but figured TSA would remprind me.... :guilty::guilty:

@gberg! It would be great to run into you! I will probably be running around like a crazy person during that party since there will be a lot of things to do. However, hopefully I will get to see you at some point on this trip. If you know me well, there is a good chance you can spot me consistently at one location throughout the week. :D
So there will be at least 2 of us crazies!:wave: I met you one time, at the DIS 20th, but see you lots here so I'm thinking AK? Something about a king? Just guessing...:simba:

So there will be at least 2 of us crazies!:wave: I met you one time, at the DIS 20th, but see you lots here so I'm thinking AK? Something about a king? Just guessing...:simba:
Yeah. I remember meeting you at the DIS 20th event. Actually no...I'll just pm you. :D

One hour until the Halloween Party Gift Card Giveaway on the Itinerary Thread, hope to see you there!

RE: DVC announcement

I'm not concerned with FP's as I am with Character Lines. This could really back things up if they allow guests to start forming lines even earlier, the potential is not good, not at all!

FP is still limited to 3 pre booked, then 4th, 5th etc will be based on availability that day. Nope! Can't say I'm worried about that!
If they allow DVC people to line up early for characters then my DH will be at guest services. We bought for 2 MNSSHP for the characters as well as Hocus Pocus, parade and FW. We don't do rides as we have 10 day PH, this totally takes away the value of MNSSHP tickets.

If they allow DVC people to line up early for characters then my DH will be at guest services. We bought for 2 MNSSHP for the characters as well as Hocus Pocus, parade and FW. We don't do rides as we have 10 day PH, this totally takes away the value of MNSSHP tickets.
The number of DVC members who don't have APs or tickets for the party day won't be very big, and I can't imagine the percentage of that small group that are willing to wait from 2-5/6 for characters will be that high.

The number of DVC members who don't have APs or tickets for the party day won't be very big, and I can't imagine the percentage of that small group that are willing to wait from 2-5/6 for characters will be that high.
Even if a small percentage hop in line right before the regular party goers are let in the M & G we are looking at are the most popular like J&S, 7 dwarves, etc. So there could be 10 people in line already and those 10 are holding for their groups of 7 they are allowed in :scratchin that's now 70 people ahead of us.:faint:
Now I could be wrong (and certainly hope I am)but it's still a worry. :crowded:
If the early entry DVC creates impossibly long lines for the characters at the start of when we can get in, then we have a problem. ::yes::

Even if a small percentage hop in line right before the regular party goers are let in the M & G we are looking at are the most popular like J&S, 7 dwarves, etc. So there could be 10 people in line already and those 10 are holding for their groups of 7 they are allowed in :scratchin that's now 70 people ahead of us.:faint:
If the early entry DVC creates impossibly long lines for the characters at the start of when we can get in, then we have a problem. ::yes::
I look at it this way. You have to have a band and with being DVC you can get one four hours early and everybody else can get one two hours early. If somoene wants to wast that much time for a pic. Good on ya.

But there were always going to be people ahead of you in line. Plenty of party-goers use a park ticket that day to get into the park early. Are you going to go through the line and ask why they were in the park early?

But there were always going to be people ahead of you in line. Plenty of party-goers use a park ticket that day to get into the park early. Are you going to go through the line and ask why they were in the park early?

I wouldn't borrow trouble. There is nothing stopping any party goer getting into the parks whenever they want and getting in line. Just plan to get in the line as quickly as you can and enjoy.

sp when are we gonna see the Halloween march and treats?

Soon. Here's when we were notified last year:

From Disney Parks Blog

• Merchandise photos & info was released on August 14, 2017
  • Specialty & Anytime Treats were announced on August 17, 2017
  • Disney Photopass for MNSSHP were released on August 23, 2017
From Disney Bloggers
  • Released info on MNSSHP 2017 Pins on August 2, 2017
  • Party Maps were released on Aug 24, 2017, which confirms Parade Times, Hocus Pocus Show, Dance Party, Trick or Treat Locations, Quick Serve Locations, Specialty & Anytime Treats, Merchandise locations and some photopass locations.
Aug 25, 2017 - Night of first party
  • Specialty Popcorn Buckets & info
  • Character information
We're very close!

Soon. Here's when we were notified last year:

From Disney Parks Blog

• Merchandise photos & info was released on August 14, 2017
  • Specialty & Anytime Treats were announced on August 17, 2017
  • Disney Photopass for MNSSHP were released on August 23, 2017
From Disney Bloggers
  • Released info on MNSSHP 2017 Pins on August 2, 2017
  • Party Maps were released on Aug 24, 2017, which confirms Parade Times, Hocus Pocus Show, Dance Party, Trick or Treat Locations, Quick Serve Locations, Specialty & Anytime Treats, Merchandise locations and some photopass locations.
Aug 25, 2017 - Night of first party
  • Specialty Popcorn Buckets & info
  • Character information
We're very close!

I think its worth noting that MNSSHP starts on 08/17 this year. So in theory, these releases should be a week or so earlier this year.

Thank you for the detailed historical info. :)

I think its worth noting that MNSSHP starts on 08/17 this year. So in theory, these releases should be a week or so earlier this year.

Thank you for the detailed historical info. :)
If they stay true to form, then we should see something next week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter