"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Yes, we would be flying southwest. It’s $90 each way, $360 RT for me and DH. I’ve never had to change flights before, so that is good to know! I think we are going to talk tonight and make a final decision. I’d love to stay a few extra days, but we have cats at home, and they’d need to go to the vet for updated shots for the pet sitter, and it would end up being too pricy then I think. Sigh lol

Yep, if you are booked with Southwest you are able to change your flight anytime you want. The way it works it that you will receive Southwest credit for the original flight. So if the flight is $100 and you cancel it you get $100 in credit which is good for a year (I think it is a year).

I spend a minute or two checking my flights each morning, if the cost goes down you can re-book and get a credit for the difference in cost.

Yep, if you are booked with Southwest you are able to change your flight anytime you want. The way it works it that you will receive Southwest credit for the original flight. So if the flight is $100 and you cancel it you get $100 in credit which is good for a year (I think it is a year).

I spend a minute or two checking my flights each morning, if the cost goes down you can re-book and get a credit for the difference in cost.
I do have a credit from price checking earlier this year. To use that toward this purchase would I need to call to book? And thanks for your help! :)

I do have a credit from price checking earlier this year. To use that toward this purchase would I need to call to book? And thanks for your help! :)

You can call, but you don't need to. You'll pick the flight that you want, go to purchase and in the payment section you will see 'Do you want to apply travel funds'. You'll click on that, then you'll need the first and last name of whoever's flight it was, then the confirmation number, which will be in the email you got about the travel funds.

Hi everyone, I'm joining in! We have never been to Disney in October and it would be just DH and I. I really want to do the Halloween party and the Wine/Dine Half Marathon. We won't know for sure if we will be able to go until May or even June. Is that too late to try scheduling a trip? I don't know how early the party tickets sell out.

I also have a question about flights. Does Southwest have a lot of nonstop flights or are most of them 1 or more stops? We normally fly Frontier, but they won't have their flights up for a long time. They only have flights listed through August right now.

I'm also not sure if I should go ahead and book a hotel or not. We are trying a new hotel each trip so the ones we have already done are POP, POR, POFQ, and AKL.

Last edited:
image.jpg Ok, need advice from the experts before I start sewing the patches to the shirt and the hat...the yellows and browns are different shades. Does that bother anyone but me? DH says I’m being ridiculous....

Yes, we would be flying southwest. It’s $90 each way, $360 RT for me and DH. I’ve never had to change flights before, so that is good to know! I think we are going to talk tonight and make a final decision. I’d love to stay a few extra days, but we have cats at home, and they’d need to go to the vet for updated shots for the pet sitter, and it would end up being too pricy then I think. Sigh lol
Pour a big bowl of food and have a big bowl of water and enjoy Disney. Before my daughter got her German Shepherd we had 2 cats, and we still travel to both Disney and UO. We were gone about 4 days for each trip.

Hi everyone, I'm joining in! We have never been to Disney in October and it would be just DH and I. I really want to do the Halloween party and the Wine/Dine Half Marathon. We won't know for sure if we will be able to go until May or even June. Is that too late to try scheduling a trip? I don't know how early the party tickets sell out.

I also have a question about flights. Does Southwest have a lot of nonstop flights or are most of them 1 or more stops? We normally fly Frontier, but they won't have their flights up for a long time. They only have flights listed through August right now.

I'm also not sure if I should go ahead and book a hotel or not. We are trying a new hotel each trip so the ones we have already done are POP, POR, POFQ, and AKL.
Pop preferred pool view is sold out for August. I booked my package and about a week later, most of Pop was gone also. I wonder if others are hoping for an early party as well. This busy time is right before everyone goes to school or college.

View attachment 307910 Ok, need advice from the experts before I start sewing the patches to the shirt and the hat...the yellows and browns are different shades. Does that bother anyone but me? DH says I’m being ridiculous....
You definitely don’t want the same colors throughout but the hat should be a different color. I would do a brown hat??

I went to that Friday party as well.
We had a fine experience although we aren't much into meeting the characters.
We hit up a few candy stations as soon as the party started and had zero wait.
Once it started raining we threw on the ponchos and soldiered on as we would any other time.
We had some great party only treats and took advantage of shorter wait times.
Rain and potential cancellations/delays are just part of the package when you go during that time of year.
Onc
I went to that Friday party as well.
We had a fine experience although we aren't much into meeting the characters.
We hit up a few candy stations as soon as the party started and had zero wait.
Once it started raining we threw on the ponchos and soldiered on as we would any other time.
We had some great party only treats and took advantage of shorter wait times.
Rain and potential cancellations/delays are just part of the package when you go during that time of year.

i am glad you had a good time but paying extra and having two shows canceled wasn’t a great experience for us. Rain is not Disney’s fault but I have heard of them postponing the shows and sometimes having them at midnight or later. Not sure why they didn’t do it that night. It stopped raining.

Onc

i am glad you had a good time but paying extra and having two shows canceled wasn’t a great experience for us. Rain is not Disney’s fault but I have heard of them postponing the shows and sometimes having them at midnight or later. Not sure why they didn’t do it that night. It stopped raining.

Which I exactly why I asked my question :-)

Onc

You're in danger of sounding entitled.
Everyone there that day paid.
Everyone there that day had to deal with the rain and what followed.
Some can make lemonade and apparently some cannot.

So happy to join this thread. Heard a rumor that MNSSHP may actually happen during our August vacation! We have wanted to do this for years, so fingers crossed the rumor is for real. In the meantime, I'm dreaming about Disney bounding. :goodvibes

So happy to join this thread. Heard a rumor that MNSSHP may actually happen during our August vacation! We have wanted to do this for years, so fingers crossed the rumor is for real. In the meantime, I'm dreaming about Disney bounding. :goodvibes
What dates are you going?
If the park hours are any indication I would say the first party will be August 17th.

Last edited:
What dates are you going?
If the park hours are any indication I would say the first party will be August 17th.

We'll be there from Aug.12-22. So yes, we're really hoping for the 17th! I was also considering making an ADR for dinner that night, but when I checked Crystal Palace, I could not book past 2:30pm. I'm thinking maybe they hold dinner reservations until they release the dates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter