"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if DAH is offered in May? We will in Disney the week of May 12th.

Post #1 has current/historical date charts. Other than the 2016 run, which was kind of a different setup, DAH in its current form has not to date been offered in May. But, anything is possible.

I was about to ask the same thing about availability the last weeks of March. Does anybody know why they haven’t done those dates from late March to May in the past?
Wonder what the chances are that they will add them?

I was about to ask the same thing about availability the last weeks of March. Does anybody know why they haven’t done those dates from late March to May in the past?
Wonder what the chances are that they will add them?
I would guess it’s because they don’t have trouble filling the parks at that time of year.

Had to post some Disney magic here! I wrote to Guest Relations about not receiving a lanyard at the 9/20 event and this was the response!

Dear Sara,

Thank you for your patience as we reviewed your request.

We were able to obtain one of the Disney After Hours lanyards you have requested. If you can please respond to this email with the address you would like it sent, we would be happy to send it to you. I will send you an email confirmation once it has been placed in the mail.

Thank you again for your patience, Sara. I look forward to hearing from you!

This makes me SO happy! Pixie dust!
pixiedust:

Had to post some Disney magic here! I wrote to Guest Relations about not receiving a lanyard at the 9/20 event and this was the response!

Dear Sara,

We were able to obtain one of the Disney After Hours lanyards you have requested. If you can please respond to this email with the address you would like it sent, we would be happy to send it to you. I will send you an email confirmation once it has been placed in the mail.

pixiedust:
That's awesome! I haven't heard back yet, I hope this means I will soon :)

Dear Sara,

pixiedust:

That's awesome! What email did you use?

Hi.
Do you also need a park ticket for this event?
I will have an extra day on my ticket but if I'm already at a park during the day, I will not be able to use since not a hopper.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi.
Do you also need a park ticket for this event?
I will have an extra day on my ticket but if I'm already at a park during the day, I will not be able to use since not a hopper.

Thank you.
Nope you don’t need a park ticket for this event

I just got a voicemail from the person who answered my email about the lanyards, and then an email since she missed me asking for a good time to call back and learn more about my visit. Her voicemail talks about confirming some information though, it sounds like getting a mailing address, etc.

I read in another site that if you do DAH that your pass allows you to use the FP line at 7:00 when you get in the park. Does anyone know if this is true. My DAH goes from 8:00 to 11:00, so could I use the FP line from 7:00 to 8:00?

I read in another site that if you do DAH that your pass allows you to use the FP line at 7:00 when you get in the park. Does anyone know if this is true. My DAH goes from 8:00 to 11:00, so could I use the FP line from 7:00 to 8:00?
Most likely no. It depends on the cm but most of them will tell you to wait until dah starts.

Most likely no. It depends on the cm but most of them will tell you to wait until dah starts.
The post made it sound like your magic band worked as the FP, but perhaps I misunderstood. Not a big deal for mine as it is only an hour, but if you could get in at 7:00 and DAH didn’t start until 10:00 it would be great.

The post made it sound like your magic band worked as the FP, but perhaps I misunderstood. Not a big deal for mine as it is only an hour, but if you could get in at 7:00 and DAH didn’t start until 10:00 it would be great.
Either the poster posted something incorrect or you might have read it wrong. They have been letting people in at 6. You can book FPS using your dah ticket before the event starts. Maybe that’s what the poster was talking about?

Either the poster posted something incorrect or you might have read it wrong. They have been letting people in at 6. You can book FPS using your dah ticket before the event starts. Maybe that’s what the poster was talking about?
I figured it would be to good to be true

Early on (was it maybe even last year??) there were a few reports of people being allowed to use the FP line before the official start of DAH, but it seemed like that ended within the next few events and hasn't been a common occurrence in recent months.

Early on (was it maybe even last year??) there were a few reports of people being allowed to use the FP line before the official start of DAH, but it seemed like that ended within the next few events and hasn't been a common occurrence in recent months.
This is true. We were able to use it on some rides in March but it really only worked with the cms that had no idea what was going on. We never used our magic bands for it though. I think they know now not to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter