"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Thomasfouraker
I totally get that about only purchasing special event tickets. Those ticketed events are so worth it. I'm not sure just how often you visit, but I KNOW I would also want to do holiday events that are not specifically ticketed (Such as CP in Epcot). Not sure, but I would probably opt for at least one AP so we could maximize evening and adult entertainment.
Being a Florida resident, you may be able to get great discounts on MNSSHP MVMCP, as well as general admission.
I could just see me applying Disney math to just about everything available!
What great problems we have!
Sparkle on, NonnaT

Didnt see anyone handing out lanyards on our way out. Didnt get them checking in by Stitch

Yeah, not sure what was up with the lanyards. Saw plenty of folks with them but they weren’t offered when we arrived (7:40ish) or left (past midnight). We didn’t ask for them (which was fine for us, don’t really need them anyway).

Little delayed in response here, but we also didn't see anyone handing out lanyards on the way in on Thursday, and on the way out there was one CM handing them out, but by the time we left she only had about 5 left, so we got one of the last ones she had. She made it sound like those were the last of them, but who knows how much truth there was to that!

I wrote a bit about our 9/20 (9pm-12am) experience up thread but back and going through pics. Really just an unbelievably fun night, zero complaints. I did MNSSHP the next night and wow, what a contrast. I used to plan trips specifically for MNSSHP. Unless this event changes materially, I think I'd be more likely to build trips around DAH when able. Felt more "worth it" to me.

I think it is very hard to peg exact crowds at this thing because it's kind of lumpy - parts of the park can have more folks than others. This seemed similar to 6/30, maybe a touch lighter crowds. HEA was at 8 and OUAT was at 8:45pm on this night. There seemed to be a smaller day guest overall crowd by 9pm than on our 6/30 night (which for reference was 10pm-1am).

This trip was me and DD4. I wasn't really going to stay the whole time and was fully prepared to leave when she was showing signs of being done - I've always let my kids set the pace and I adjust when needed - but she hung with me hard. We did all the princesses (almost no waits) and many rides over and over and over again. The only material line we ran into was PP (posted 25 and I'm sure it was shorter, but the line kind of looked more than I was OK with at the time), the Tangled Lantern (20 people deep), and 7DMT (did not go on it so not sure actual).

Going to MK with a little one who is still wide-eyed and mesmerized by everything is quite refreshing, to be honest. With such a low crowd, stress-free situation... soaking in the moment comes easier. Really fun Disney memories for sure.

Anyways, a few photos. REMEMBER, I think photos of this event can kind of be misleading. Of course I only took photos of empty places. There are plenty of times where it is NOT this empty, so just keep that in mind.

9:35pm
View attachment 354071

9:37pm. Snack/drink carts lines were materially smaller this night than 6/30. Not really sure why? I never saw a line until the one in the Hub towards the end of the night.
View attachment 354072

DD4 did not appreciate that spending time on a long ride like IASW was not good use of expensive up-charge event time. We rode twice. :-)
View attachment 354073

10:33pm.
View attachment 354074

Many make the observation that CMs seem to be in good spirits on DAH nights, and I tend to agree. This was a small example. These custodial CMs had made a Mickey on the ground. They stood there silently, but if you stepped into or put an arm in the Mickey head, they'd hoot and cheer loudly. As soon as you stepped away, they'd stop.

It was quirky, good spirited fun.

View attachment 354075

10:38pm....
View attachment 354077

11:33pm....
View attachment 354078

11:44pm.....
View attachment 354079

11:52pm...
View attachment 354080

Love having Main Street vehicles out. So fun.

Love whatever castle light/music show they do sporadically during the night. Still wish I knew what this was called.

Find the right PhotoPass photographer who will work with you and you can get some really cool Main Street and castle photos.

Kiss Goodnight was promptly at 12am.

Emporium doors shut at 12am. If you want to buy something, don't wait until the way out.

I don't recall any major problems/delays getting back to GF. Poly and GF shared a bus.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble... happy to answer any questions.

So, I just made a new "last minute" reservation at POFQ for mid Oct last night but I'm really disappointed that there are no DAH dates offered during Oct. I am really just trying to squeeze in one more trip before my AP expires on 10/27.
Meanwhile today I see the new discounts and am now thinking I could switch my trip to the first week of Feb, I have a 5 day base ticket which I just found out via a "chat" with a Disney CM will expire on Jan 14, 2019. So this expiration date is prior to the visit I would like to make and I was planning on using the 5 day ticket to upgrade to a new AP. I know that they give a 15% discount when u renew current AP within a window but I don't want to use the new AP until 1/31/2019 so months between current AP expiration date and my next visit. my question is:
Is there any way to use this 5 day ticket toward purchasing a new AP which would not have to be activated until my Jan/Feb trip? Want to attend the 2/4 DAH Sorry for such a lengthy post!

So, I just made a new "last minute" reservation at POFQ for mid Oct last night but I'm really disappointed that there are no DAH dates offered during Oct. I am really just trying to squeeze in one more trip before my AP expires on 10/27.
Meanwhile today I see the new discounts and am now thinking I could switch my trip to the first week of Feb, I have a 5 day base ticket which I just found out via a "chat" with a Disney CM will expire on Jan 14, 2019. So this expiration date is prior to the visit I would like to make and I was planning on using the 5 day ticket to upgrade to a new AP. I know that they give a 15% discount when u renew current AP within a window but I don't want to use the new AP until 1/31/2019 so months between current AP expiration date and my next visit. my question is:
Is there any way to use this 5 day ticket toward purchasing a new AP which would not have to be activated until my Jan/Feb trip? Want to attend the 2/4 DAH Sorry for such a lengthy post!

Yikes, I'm no good with ticket questions - not my forte. I'd probably suggest posting on the Ticket sticky thread: All About TICKETS & Upgrades

Translation, I'm glad there are people like @Robo around who will know how to properly answer your question. :-)

So I have a solo trip booked for February. Has anyone done DAH solo? It seems like a great opportunity to get a lot done. I have dinner booked at Narcoosees at 5:10 and then I could still get in the park in time to see HEA. I had the next day planned for MK, but I could sleep in and go to DTD instead! Thoughts on solo?

So I have a solo trip booked for February. Has anyone done DAH solo? It seems like a great opportunity to get a lot done. I have dinner booked at Narcoosees at 5:10 and then I could still get in the park in time to see HEA. I had the next day planned for MK, but I could sleep in and go to DTD instead! Thoughts on solo?

While not planned, I did 6/30 this year solo. It was our arrival day and we had already had a long day at TSL opening, a big rain delay, etc... so DW and kids opted to get a normal nights rest rather than blow it all being up too late right out of the gate on vacation.

While I guess I felt a little weird solo, wow is it a good chance to really soak in the MK and do exactly what you want to do. I’m usually the one that is worrying about everyone else in the group being happy. Not going to lie, it was kind of nice being care free! :-)

Done it twice solo. Had a blast and frankly didn’t give it a thought! Snacked when I wanted, went where I wanted, when I wanted as many times as I wanted lol

As soon as dates were released I booked it for my trip next March

Last edited:
Having never vacationed solo I am worried about it all feeling weird, but I will get over it. I was going to a DS day on the night DAH is being offered and then my next day was going to be MK. If I do DAH then I could don2 days of DAH as well as more resort time which sounds nice! Not sure I want to spend more money, but ....

My wife and I went to the 09/20 DAH event. We got to the event close to 7:30 pm.

From 7:30 to 11:20 we rode

Splash Mountain
BTRM
POC
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan (10 minute wait)
Little Mermaid
It's a small world
Minetrain (20 minute wait)
Pooh Ride
Goofy Coaster
Space Moutain

We had worked and flew into Orlando this day, so we decided to call it a night at 11:20.

Unfortunately, we had to wait 45 minutes until our bus finally picked us up for Saratoga Strings.

I would definitely recommend this event to anyone that is on a short stay and wants to get the full magic kingdom experience. We had a great time.

I said the heck with it and booked 2/7. I cancelled a late lunch ADR for Kona and booked a late breakfast at Boma ( staying at AKL).

Good for you! Doing it on your own may be a new experience but remember that absolutely no one there will even notice... honest! This is a perfect event to test your "solo" wings

Remember that being alone is NOT the same thing as being lonely. I love going with family but I definitely have learned to really appreciate the freedom that comes with enjoying experiences on my own. My father used to say "you'll never be lonely if you enjoy your own company" LOL

Have fun!

Good for you! Doing it on your own may be a new experience but remember that absolutely no one there will even notice... honest! This is a perfect event to test your "solo" wings

Remember that being alone is NOT the same thing as being lonely. I love going with family but I definitely have learned to really appreciate the freedom that comes with enjoying experiences on my own. My father used to say "you'll never be lonely if you enjoy your own company" LOL

Have fun!

Thank you I really like that.

I have also booked Keys to the Kingdom and Wild Africa Trek, so there will be plenty of opportunities to be social if I choose to. Very excited about this trip!

We did the August 11th and we’re coming back to Orlando from the 7th till the 19th of june.. can we hope for an event at this time?

We did the August 11th and we’re coming back to Orlando from the 7th till the 19th of june.. can we hope for an event at this time?

Hard to say. Post #1 has historical dates. The DAH summer series started late June this year (the first year we’ve seen DAH in the summer). Disney seems to like offering this event and keeps adding new dates... so I guess I would answer “maybe.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter