"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the release of the new dates DH and I decided to plan a trip for a our 20th anniversary in February. We haven't been to Disney without the kids in more than those 20 years, so really excited about the idea. Plan to go to DAH on 2/14.

Haley R: We have attended the last two on the same date, what is your February looking like :)

With the release of the new dates DH and I decided to plan a trip for a our 20th anniversary in February. We haven't been to Disney without the kids in more than those 20 years, so really excited about the idea. Plan to go to DAH on 2/14.

Haley R: We have attended the last two on the same date, what is your February looking like :)
Haha! If we do go I think it’ll be December since we’ve never been in December before. What’s your december look like? :p

Should I expect the park to have lighter or heavier crowds than usual on DAH days (prior to 6 pm)?

(first post - hello world!)

Hi there - :welcome: to the DIS!

Daytime crowd differences have not really been a material discussion/concern since inception of DAH. Since the park doesn't close early and there are usual nighttime fireworks/entertainment, it's not like MNSSHP and MVMCP in that regard (where the park closes at 6pm and some day guests opt to not go to that park given the shorter hours). DAH ticket holders can get in at 7pm officially (around 6pm in practice) but the numbers have traditionally been small enough that it does not create a "major" crossover group. Sure, there are some DAH folks being added to the MK population 6pm+, but it has historically not been enough to be concerned with or that gets much attention around here.

And there's people like us who don't even like to show up until near regular closing and really only care about the 3 hours of the event.

In summary, my opinion is that it's a non-factor for regular park attendance during the day.

Hope that helps!

Haha! If we do go I think it’ll be December since we’ve never been in December before. What’s your december look like? :p
You have to go in December! The decorations all over the World are beautiful. Christmas time at Disney World is our tradition!

You have to go in December! The decorations all over the World are beautiful. Christmas time at Disney World is our tradition!
We’re doing October for the first time this year so why not throw Christmas in too? Lol

I booked our plane fare last night! But after I posted my date last winter, everybody else on the Dis decided to go that day too. So I don’t know if i want to tell y’all when I’m going. I’d like an empty park! :rotfl2:
I’m just a little hesitant to book after our July dah, but I’m hoping they keep the same number of tickets with the wristbands.

We're thinking about going to the Feb 7th event but haven't purchased tickets yet- will we need to do this well in advance?

We're thinking about going to the Feb 7th event but haven't purchased tickets yet- will we need to do this well in advance?

Sell outs for DAH are hard to predict. Post #1 has sell out/date sold out info for this year. Several of the winter dates did sell out, some several days in advance.

My personal opinion is that if you wait too long, you’re at risk to some extent. This event seems to pick up more steam as time goes on, so we have to be careful in case prior patterns don’t apply.

Thanks @GADisneyDad14 for you super speedy and comprehensive reply. Will do a bit more research but think it’s something we’re definitely interested in doing next trip so there’s no reason not to get tickets ahead of time and make sure we’re in.

Hi there - :welcome: to the DIS!

Daytime crowd differences have not really been a material discussion/concern since inception of DAH. Since the park doesn't close early and there are usual nighttime fireworks/entertainment, it's not like MNSSHP and MVMCP in that regard (where the park closes at 6pm and some day guests opt to not go to that park given the shorter hours). DAH ticket holders can get in at 7pm officially (around 6pm in practice) but the numbers have traditionally been small enough that it does not create a "major" crossover group. Sure, there are some DAH folks being added to the MK population 6pm+, but it has historically not been enough to be concerned with or that gets much attention around here.

And there's people like us who don't even like to show up until near regular closing and really only care about the 3 hours of the event.

In summary, my opinion is that it's a non-factor for regular park attendance during the day.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for all the great information!

I booked our plane fare last night! But after I posted my date last winter, everybody else on the Dis decided to go that day too. So I don’t know if i want to tell y’all when I’m going. I’d like an empty park! :rotfl2:
went the same day !
It was the busiest dis list but one of the few that didn’t sell out!! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for 9/20 ! It will be the third time on the longest dis list but not a sell out? Lol

DW and I will be at WDW Jan 26 - Feb 1, 2019. We are thinking about going to DAH on the Jan 28th. We are also considering buying annual passes for the first time. I am hoping someone can answer some questions or confirm/correctwhat I think I know:
1) If we buy annual passes, we will be able to connect them to our MDE so we can book FP+ at 60 days, but the year for the annual pass will not start running until we arrive on Jan 26 and "activate" them or pick them up at guest services?
2) If we buy the annual passes, can we immediately buy DAH tickets at the AP price, or do we have to buy full price DAH tickets and then get a refund after we activate the annual passes?
3) If DW and I buy annual passes for ourselves, can we then buy discounted DAH tickets for ourselves and her parents who are traveling with us?

They probably added the Dec dates in as an alternative to MVMCP for those who do not care for the parties. That way if Disney doesn’t get them in one party they may get them in on the ride party. I am so glad they are continuing this, it is one of the best things they have come up with in years IMHO ! I know I was one of the the first saying “ this is nuts, this is money grabbing” but don’t mind eating my words LOL. It is well worth it especially for AP. Now if they would just increase the hours a little....
They got me for both. I am going to the Christmas Party for the parade and fireworks, but to After Hours to do all the rides!

Sadly we cancelled our Jiko dinner to attend.

Last edited:
DW and I will be at WDW Jan 26 - Feb 1, 2019. We are thinking about going to DAH on the Jan 28th. We are also considering buying annual passes for the first time. I am hoping someone can answer some questions or confirm/correctwhat I think I know:
1) If we buy annual passes, we will be able to connect them to our MDE so we can book FP+ at 60 days, but the year for the annual pass will not start running until we arrive on Jan 26 and "activate" them or pick them up at guest services?
2) If we buy the annual passes, can we immediately buy DAH tickets at the AP price, or do we have to buy full price DAH tickets and then get a refund after we activate the annual passes?
3) If DW and I buy annual passes for ourselves, can we then buy discounted DAH tickets for ourselves and her parents who are traveling with us?
I can answer one of these questions for you. I purchased annual passes online on Thursday, the day the new DAH dates were released. We will activate them during our January trip. I assigned them to my daughter and I, so they show up in MDE. I was immediately able to purchase our DAH tickets online at the AP price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter