"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll work on updating Post #1 later, but new bookable dates:
  • Monday, December 3, 2018 - 10pm-1am
  • Monday, December 10, 2018 - 10pm-1am
  • Monday, January 7, 2019 - 8pm-11pm
  • Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 8pm-11pm
  • Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 8pm-11pm
  • Monday, January 28, 2019 - 8pm-11pm
  • Thursday, February 7, 2019 - 8pm-11pm
  • Thursday, February 14, 2019 - 9pm-12am
  • Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 8pm-11pm
  • Thursday, March 7, 2019 - 9pm-12am
And yes, a $6 price increase for the new dates. Figured that was coming at some point.

Interesting that two Dec dates were added (figured I'd be wrong again!).

Happy booking all!

They probably added the Dec dates in as an alternative to MVMCP for those who do not care for the parties. That way if Disney doesn’t get them in one party they may get them in on the ride party. I am so glad they are continuing this, it is one of the best things they have come up with in years IMHO ! I know I was one of the the first saying “ this is nuts, this is money grabbing” but don’t mind eating my words LOL. It is well worth it especially for AP. Now if they would just increase the hours a little....

Does anyone have any real (no guesses) numbers on how many tickets Disney sells for this event? Forgive me if it's been discussed here already but a quick google search didn't yield any fruit other than some conjecture as to how many are sold. I was hoping for something more solid.

Only Disney knows for sure and they aren’t telling as usual. Really smart on their part because they can add to it and no one is the wiser, but of course DISNEY wouldn’t do that

Dh changed his mind already and said, "It makes you happy and I'm a sucker for that". He's such a sweetie. He's one of those guys that doesn't love telling people we go to Disney so often, but when he's there he has so much fun.

Somehow I knew it would work out for you! :goodvibes

My DH has been having a really bad week at work, so I wasn’t going to spring this on him yet, even tho he knew I would plan a trip if they announced new dates. He loves WDW as much as I do. We have family there now & we will be there Saturday. I’ve been telling him about the low wait times & saying we’re going this week next year. As we talked I did tell him abou the new DAH dates & we talked about which week to go. Last year, I had 3 trips in the planning stages at once. Nothing currently booked after this trip. But I intend to book 2 bounceback trips when we’re there this week, for next September & December.

Coincidentally, I got an email yesterday about Dapper Days for next spring. They are scheduled for April 27 & 28. We enjoyed them at Disneyland a few years ago, so will like to be there for them at DW. I want to see the Easter egg displays, & hoped to go that week anyway, so.... when we get back from our current trip, I will start booking 2 more trips. In the next couple of weeks, I’ll go from no booked trips to 4 booked trips. We’re really gonna take advantage of DH’s SW points & the companion pass we qualified for! :cool1:

So I am going to WDW during the Feb 7th (Thursday) date. I splurged for an AP this year and that “justifies” splurging on this. However since I am coming from Colorado and heading back the very next day to go to work on Saturday (which I’ll desperately need to earn $$$ for all this splurging) I am hesitate to actually buy the ticket until closer to the date and having a somewhat decent weather prediction. I would not like to spend three hours in chilly rain, hop on a plane, land in a blizzard, and enter a flu infested workplace (that usually happens in January for me). I hope that date doesn’t become a sell out.

Last edited:
So I am going to WDW during the Feb 7th date. I splurged for an AP this year and that “justifies” splurging on this. However since I am coming from Colorado and heading back the very next day to go to work (which I’ll desperately need to earn $$$ for all this splurging) I am hesitate to actually buy the ticket until closer to the date and having a somewhat decent weather prediction. I would not like to spend three hours in chilly rain, hop on a plane, land in a blizzard, and enter a flu infested workplace (that usually happens in January for me). I hope that date doesn’t become a sell out.

If this were me, I would be both excited and extremely anxious doing it this way. I don't know that weather forecasts are ever reliable more than a few days out. I am assuming you would have to have your plane tickets booked before that point, which if they are refundable is no problem. Traveling by plane by itself is tiring, at least for me. I can't imagine flying in earlier in the day, staying up for DAH and then having to fly back and work the next day. There are just too many variables that could go wrong, such as delayed/canceled flights, especially if in fact there is a blizzard in Colorado.

If this were me, I would be both excited and extremely anxious doing it this way. I don't know that weather forecasts are ever reliable more than a few days out. I am assuming you would have to have your plane tickets booked before that point, which if they are refundable is no problem. Traveling by plane by itself is tiring, at least for me. I can't imagine flying in earlier in the day, staying up for DAH and then having to fly back and work the next day. There are just too many variables that could go wrong, such as delayed/canceled flights, especially if in fact there is a blizzard in Colorado.

I will update my original post but it’s actually Saturday I work so I fly out mid day on Friday. And I will be there the whole week before. It’s the Disney weather I worry about. I’m used to blizzards but have only ever traveled to Florida in May, Sept, and October with the exception of last February when it was 80/90* So a chilly Disney trip would be the true shocker to my system!

They probably added the Dec dates in as an alternative to MVMCP for those who do not care for the parties. That way if Disney doesn’t get them in one party they may get them in on the ride party.

I agree, and I'm actually really mad they didn't do this for October. I would choose this over MNSSHP in a second..especially with all the negative reviews so far of the Halloween party. Boo. I'm just being bitter >:(

I’ve never seen a reliable count/source, only the same conjecture. In my opinion... like MK capacity, party tickets, and similar... no one really knows for sure. I’m sure some of the ideas thrown out may be close, but I don’t know how we’d really know for sure.

I figured as much. I have seen the number 5k mentioned but I seem to recall someone else saying it was as low as 1k. I was just wondering if someone might have a more solid grasp on that number.

Not that it is going to dissuade my decision; as soon as my wife texted me yesterday to let me know there was an AH event during our December trip I didn't hesitate to tell her to book it. I've heard nothing but great things about this event. We did the EMM back in March and I thought it was well worth the money. Though, by all accounts I've seen the AH event is head and shoulders above EMM. I can't wait until December.

Current Mood:

giphy.gif

I have a question for everyone (and sorry if this is already been answered elsewhere.) Is there a list of all the snack cart locations since they don't give you a map with them listed? I know they're usually is one in liberty Square but I can anyone name some of the others?

thanks in advance for your help!

Yay! bought my tickets last night!
December 3rd!

this years trip was supposed to be a universal only trip (since iv never stayed on site at universal) NOW I have 3 nights at Disney, the 28th(arrival day/night), 29th and 30th. I was then going to universal from Saturday until Wednesday, staying at the new Aventura hotel! I decided to do MVMCP on Tuesday the 4th, so i switched a day to stay at Disney my last night, for the party. I decided to add on the after hours since universal is only open till 7 for their parks, so we'll get a cab there and back on Monday night.
Does anybody know the easiest way to catch a cab at the end of the night from MK to universal? I dont use uber or lyft. Should i walk to the contemporary and get a cab from there? or head to the ttc and find one?

Somehow I knew it would work out for you! :goodvibes

My DH has been having a really bad week at work, so I wasn’t going to spring this on him yet, even tho he knew I would plan a trip if they announced new dates. He loves WDW as much as I do. We have family there now & we will be there Saturday. I’ve been telling him about the low wait times & saying we’re going this week next year. As we talked I did tell him abou the new DAH dates & we talked about which week to go. Last year, I had 3 trips in the planning stages at once. Nothing currently booked after this trip. But I intend to book 2 bounceback trips when we’re there this week, for next September & December.

Coincidentally, I got an email yesterday about Dapper Days for next spring. They are scheduled for April 27 & 28. We enjoyed them at Disneyland a few years ago, so will like to be there for them at DW. I want to see the Easter egg displays, & hoped to go that week anyway, so.... when we get back from our current trip, I will start booking 2 more trips. In the next couple of weeks, I’ll go from no booked trips to 4 booked trips. We’re really gonna take advantage of DH’s SW points & the companion pass we qualified for! :cool1:
That sounds awesome! We’ve never booked a bounce back offer but we might have to after our October trip.

Yes you can get the passholder discount for other guests but there is a limit, I think up to 5, I know you can do at least 3.

Last edited:
I have been following this thread for a while in hopes that they would add dates for this November or December. I was so happy to see one of the December dates falls when we are there. I told my DH and he immediately said to book it. We are officially booked for December 3rd. Now have to rearrange some of our other days but feel this is worth it. Good thing our FP date isn't for a few more weeks.

I have a question for everyone (and sorry if this is already been answered elsewhere.) Is there a list of all the snack cart locations since they don't give you a map with them listed? I know they're usually is one in liberty Square but I can anyone name some of the others?

thanks in advance for your help!

I don’t know of a list, but I saw a popcorn cart in the hub, near the Tomorrowland bridge; popcorn cart before Space Mountain ( might have had ice cream there too, didn’t go close enough to see); ice cream between 7 dwarfs & Pinocchio village house; popcorn near entrance to Pinocchio village house & popcorn across from Aladdin, near the walkway to Jungle Cruise.

This was in January. Sorry that’s all I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter