"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!

Ds and I leave tomorrow to catch the AutoTrain and dd is flying down Sunday. The 21st is dd's 17th birthday so I splurged on the DAH tickets.

We leave on the 22nd so it will be an awesome way to spend our last full day!

We are all really excited!!
Fun! Maybe we will see you. I’m not sure what I’m going to wear yet

Well DH and I did it....we bought our plane tickets tonight for $260 after picking our seats. We likely won't get much sleep over the weekend, but we're going to After Hours again!!!! It is so much fun to have a trip a week away! I've been keeping a countdown on our whiteboard which is still over 100 for our October stay and I told DH that now we get to be there in 7 days lol. We are staying at Coronado Springs (never been there before) and we got a really good rate through Priceline. Overall, I can't wait and weather is looking good so far for next Saturday

Great you were able to pull it off! So funny, we were there the same day as you in March and will be there on 7/21 too.

Great you were able to pull it off! So funny, we were there the same day as you in March and will be there on 7/21 too.
HA! Really? That’s so funny. July is going to be so different than March. I’ve never been to wdw in the summer.

These Disney survey questions I just answered were kind of funny. Who would actually say “Yes, I strongly agree that the Magic Kingdom was TOO EMPTY”?

Just bought tix and booked flights for myself and DD19 for our 2nd annual girls weekend. Attending on 8/4! Can't wait!

So I glanced at the list of whats open during DAH, but what isn't? What should we try to do during normal park hours?

HA! Really? That’s so funny. July is going to be so different than March. I’ve never been to wdw in the summer.

We went once in August many years ago and have not been back in the summer since, yuck! We were already planning a trip to the area just to visit family, so no theme parks, but DAH came up the day before we planned to be there, so we added a day. As much as you think it is just as warm at home (we are in the Chicago area), the same temperature in FL feels much worse due to humidity. I figure we will be okay the later it gets, but are definitely prepared for a very hot and humid early evening.

Just bought tix and booked flights for myself and DD19 for our 2nd annual girls weekend. Attending on 8/4! Can't wait!

So I glanced at the list of whats open during DAH, but what isn't? What should we try to do during normal park hours?
A lot of characters aren’t open during dah. Carousel of progress and monsters inc are closed.

We went once in August many years ago and have not been back in the summer since, yuck! We were already planning a trip to the area just to visit family, so no theme parks, but DAH came up the day before we planned to be there, so we added a day. As much as you think it is just as warm at home (we are in the Chicago area), the same temperature in FL feels much worse due to humidity. I figure we will be okay the later it gets, but are definitely prepared for a very hot and humid early evening.
It’s been horrible here lately with humidity. Earlier today it said 100% humidity and it felt like 106 yesterday. Way hotter than I’m used to here.

We attended on 7/9. This is the most amazing event ever!!!!! We were able to ride everything we wanted to multiple times. The best tip I read before our trip was to start on one side of the park and work your way around. Also, don't eat a large meal (like Liberty Tree Tavern) before the event. You want to be a little hungry. It is worth giving up a park day and attending this at night. We hard a resort/pool day before going to the park at 6:30. This worked perfect.

These Disney survey questions I just answered were kind of funny. Who would actually say “Yes, I strongly agree that the Magic Kingdom was TOO EMPTY”?

I hope that this isn’t an indication that they may increase attendance for this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter