"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had read that before but it is a good reminder since we leave Saturday morning. We are doing DAH on our last full day and the next afternoon we are boarding the AutoTrain for a 17 hour ride home...a few bags of popcorn will be a welcome treat on the train ride!
17 hours is a long time! We got back to our room at 1:30 am and our 9 yo niece snacked on her popcorn lol

It is better than driving! We will be sleeping a good chunk of that time so it should be fine.
That’s true I didn’t think of that. I’m so sad! Dh and I decided we better not come down next weekend. We just can’t justify the cost when we won’t be landing in Orlando until 11 pm on Thursday night. Then to pick up and leave our resort at 4 am on Sunday. I looked at plane tickets for August and the times are the same for nonstop flights in our area.

Are the parking trams still running at the end of a DAH night? Or is there some special part of the parking lot to use if you are going to DAH? I am worried about a long walk to a remote part of the parking lot in the early am with no trams running to get me there.

Okay now frontier is making me go insane. They just released a 50% off so we could go next Thursday-Sunday for $200. Those are nonstop flights but we would still be landing at 10:46 pm. Dh is thinking we stay at a hotel near the airport. The other part is leaving Sunday at 7 am so dme would pick us up at 4 am. Dh is thinking we just stay up after dah. I think I might die though lol

Can someone confirm the locations inside the park where you can check in for the party?

We will be at BOG for dinner next Saturday when they start check in and would prefer not making a trip to the front of the park. :-)

Can someone confirm the locations inside the park where you can check in for the party?

We will be at BOG for dinner next Saturday when they start check in and would prefer not making a trip to the front of the park. :-)

On 6/30, there was a check-in station in Tomorrowland to the left of the Stitch entrance, around where the FP kiosks are located. Any by “station” I really mean just a group of CMs standing around with lanyards and MB scanners.

I am not sure where any other check-in points may be located.

On 6/30, there was a check-in station in Tomorrowland to the left of the Stitch entrance, around where the FP kiosks are located. Any by “station” I really mean just a group of CMs standing around with lanyards and MB scanners.

I am not sure where any other check-in points may be located.
We checked in at the liberty square guest relations in March. I would think that could still be a spot to check in at.

Okay now frontier is making me go insane. They just released a 50% off so we could go next Thursday-Sunday for $200. Those are nonstop flights but we would still be landing at 10:46 pm. Dh is thinking we stay at a hotel near the airport. The other part is leaving Sunday at 7 am so dme would pick us up at 4 am. Dh is thinking we just stay up after dah. I think I might die though lol
I am not caught up on your whole plan, but I personally wouldn’t go to sleep for only 1-2 hours and risk waking up late. I’d sleep on the plane. You might not get back to your resort until almost 2am if you stay until 1 and then wait for a bus. Our bus had two stops. (We didn’t have to wait too long, but we saw some long lines of people who had been waiting longer at other bus stops.)

Are the parking trams still running at the end of a DAH night? Or is there some special part of the parking lot to use if you are going to DAH? I am worried about a long walk to a remote part of the parking lot in the early am with no trams running to get me there.

They were running at 1:30 am on 6/28. I made sure to ask, and everyone said there would be service. And there was!

Also, only the ferry running to get to the TTC. No monorails.

I am not caught up on your whole plan, but I personally wouldn’t go to sleep for only 1-2 hours and risk waking up late. I’d sleep on the plane. You might not get back to your resort until almost 2am if you stay until 1 and then wait for a bus. Our bus had two stops. (We didn’t have to wait too long, but we saw some long lines of people who had been waiting longer at other bus stops.)
I think I’ll probably just get an energy drink and stay up all night. We can watch tv and eat snacks. I’m sure we will be tired but like you said we can sleep on the plane. The things we do for Disney right?

Well DH and I did it....we bought our plane tickets tonight for $260 after picking our seats. We likely won't get much sleep over the weekend, but we're going to After Hours again!!!! It is so much fun to have a trip a week away! I've been keeping a countdown on our whiteboard which is still over 100 for our October stay and I told DH that now we get to be there in 7 days lol. We are staying at Coronado Springs (never been there before) and we got a really good rate through Priceline. Overall, I can't wait and weather is looking good so far for next Saturday.

Well DH and I did it....we bought our plane tickets tonight for $260 after picking our seats. We likely won't get much sleep over the weekend, but we're going to After Hours again!!!! It is so much fun to have a trip a week away! I've been keeping a countdown on our whiteboard which is still over 100 for our October stay and I told DH that now we get to be there in 7 days lol. We are staying at Coronado Springs (never been there before) and we got a really good rate through Priceline. Overall, I can't wait and weather is looking good so far for next Saturday.
Wow!

Just FYI, you don’t have to pick your seats on Frontier. They will assign them to you at check in for free! That’s what I always do.

We'll see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter