"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]will see if wife has the pamphlet still.
Looks pretty close to the one we got in March.
We are having a great time! Rode BTMR 3 times without having to get off! Lines are kinda long for sacks but it goes fast. Lantern PhotoPass is available and we saw a check in station to get your lanyard for After Hours across from Pirates.
That's awesome! We never got the chance to stay on BTMR, but we went on it before DAH officially started. They did let us use the FP line though.

Thinned out now. Everyone here seems to be in a good mood.

As of 1130, SMx2, PM, JC, Buzz, 7DMT since DAH started. Pooh, Splash, BTMR , Country Bears, Alladin and Pirates before.
Have you gotten any snacks? The Olaf bars are amazing!

Add in HM, another Splash, another BTMR, another 7DMT and another Aladdin. Also about 18 drinks, a dozen ice creams, four popcorns and we’re calling it s night at 1250.

Not a bad night at all.

Eta: squeezed in another 7DMT, three more waters, two more sodas and two frozen bananas. Caught the ferry at 0115, drove out at 0145 and home at 0220. Twins passed out on the drive home .

Last edited:

I am going to DAH on June 30th, and I have some questions. Does anyone have the pamphlet from last night's event they can please share pictures of? I am curious what attractions will be open. Was there any DAH merchandise available last night? Are PhotoPass photographers there during the entire event?

I am going to DAH on June 30th, and I have some questions. Does anyone have the pamphlet from last night's event they can please share pictures of? I am curious what attractions will be open. Was there any DAH merchandise available last night? Are PhotoPass photographers there during the entire event?
They don’t sell merchandise for dah. It stinks but for some reason they don’t.

The photopass photographers will be out the entire event and even a little after it’s over but mainly just on Main Street and by the castle.

I know I posted updates throughout, but here's my overall thoughts:

• It was great. As good as I could have hoped.
  • Because the overall crowd level was pretty high (Splash was 110 minutes at 8 pm), it took a while for non DAH guests to filter out of the park, so my early impressions were that it was more crowded than it was. We had four people ask us about it was, including two CMs.
  • They had it very well marked at the entrance and let us in at 630 or so. Probably could have gotten in earlier if we had gotten there earlier.
  • We didn't wait for anything except snacks and even that was only at at the very start.
  • In normal circumstances, you forget how big MK is because the crowds slow you down But without them, it's a lot of walking, and it makes it hard to hit everything in such a relatively short amount of time. I think if you're just going for ride count, the best thing to do is focus on one ride or one area and get your fill before moving on.
  • SM had very weird exit configuration that added a lot of walking. It was down until 1030, which put us on PM while we waited. I like PM, but it uses a lot of time.
  • The group of nine of us did 12 rides during the event. I think if we had clustered moe we could have gotten in more, but we did everything everyone wanted to do.
  • Ferries and busses were the only way out. Trams were running back to to parking, but it seemed like a longer load time for both the ferries and them -- probably trying to get everyone on because the number of guests was so small.
  • Plenty of empty park pics if that's your thing.
  • If you can do it, you should do it. A truly unique experience, and the best WDW one I can remember.

I know I posted updates throughout, but here's my overall thoughts:

• It was great. As good as I could have hoped.
  • Because the overall crowd level was pretty high (Splash was 110 minutes at 8 pm), it took a while for non DAH guests to filter out of the park, so my early impressions were that it was more crowded than it was. We had four people ask us about it was, including two CMs.
  • They had it very well marked at the entrance and let us in at 630 or so. Probably could have gotten in earlier if we had gotten there earlier.
  • We didn't wait for anything except snacks and even that was only at at the very start.
  • In normal circumstances, you forget how big MK is because the crowds slow you down But without them, it's a lot of walking, and it makes it hard to hit everything in such a relatively short amount of time. I think if you're just going for ride count, the best thing to do is focus on one ride or one area and get your fill before moving on.
  • SM had very weird exit configuration that added a lot of walking. It was down until 1030, which put us on PM while we waited. I like PM, but it uses a lot of time.
  • The group of nine of us did 12 rides during the event. I think if we had clustered moe we could have gotten in more, but we did everything everyone wanted to do.
  • Ferries and busses were the only way out. Trams were running back to to parking, but it seemed like a longer load time for both the ferries and them -- probably trying to get everyone on because the number of guests was so small.
  • Plenty of empty park pics if that's your thing.
  • If you can do it, you should do it. A truly unique experience, and the best WDW one I can remember.
Sounds like you had a good time! I’m so jealous!!

Lots of people around for the first hour not having a clue what was going on. I had a chuckle as a woman at Peter Pan was arguing with cast member that the park stayed opened until 11 tonight and was trying to pull it up on her phone.
We ended up crisscrossing the park way more than we should have, we expected lines earlier in the night at 7DMT and planned on finishing with it. We walked by to check and it was posted at 60 minutes close to 1030 but the guy waved us over and said go ahead on in the 60 minutes is “make believe”. Ended with 7 rides on it throughout the night never having a wait to speak of.

Last edited:
Lots of people around for the first hour not having a clue what was going on. I had a chuckle as a woman at Peter Pan was arguing with cast member that the park stayed opened until 11 tonight and was trying to pull it up on her phone.
We ended up crisscrossing the park way more than we should have, we expected lines earlier in the night at 7DMT and planned on finishing with it. We walked by to check and it was posted at 60 minutes close 1030 but the guy waved us over and said go ahead on in the 60 minutes is “make believe”. Ended with 7 rides on it throughout the night never having a wait to speak of.
Wow 7 rides?! We only went on once during our dah. I also thought it was funny seeing people get mad about being turned away.

Thanks for your posts.

While I'm happy for you, a small mean part of me wishes that the event was a little less successful and would keep the number of attendees low.

I think these Saturday dates will be interesting to watch. An ideal day of the week to stay out late for a big cross section of Disney types.

Many thanks to those with the reports!

I am super excited! Now I need to get with DD to make a plan. Sounds like doing everything in one section and then moving on? We have APs and will start the day in Epcot, nap and head over!! Can't wait!! Thank you for the posts/pictures!!

We are Saturday next week so hoping it’s as successful an experience as last nights posters.
Will be watching eagerly for Saturdays reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter