• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't have any problems getting in. My son is the only AP in our family and he buys up to 4 per event. You don't need magicband. Just bring printed ticket and get a lanyard.

Quick Question:

My family and I are going 3/1 for our second DAH event this year. This go around, my mom will be attending with us. She is not an annual pass holder like myself, wife and daughter but we purchased her ticket for her and got an email confirmation to ease itinerary planning through the MDE app. I noticed on the confirmation it says that pass holder ID must be shown to obtain the ticket at a ticket window. Is this something I can just pay the difference for once we get there since the discount is not valid for her?

I know some mention has been made about buying non-passholders discounted rate tickets and not having issues but since she doesn't have a magic band to link the card to I was unsure the processes for entry.

Thanks!
Quick Question:

My family and I are going 3/1 for our second DAH event this year. This go around, my mom will be attending with us. She is not an annual pass holder like myself, wife and daughter but we purchased her ticket for her and got an email confirmation to ease itinerary planning through the MDE app. I noticed on the confirmation it says that pass holder ID must be shown to obtain the ticket at a ticket window. Is this something I can just pay the difference for once we get there since the discount is not valid for her?

I know some mention has been made about buying non-passholders discounted rate tickets and not having issues but since she doesn't have a magic band to link the card to I was unsure the processes for entry.

Thanks!

This is my first DAH but I'm told it's
The same as a party event? Show paper ticket at tap stiles and then you get a lanyard once inside. Anyone been and have more accurate entrance procedure?

Thanks Disney.Denise! Thats helpful and reassuring! Does the printed ticket get brought to the turnstiles or ticket window at TTC?

Now that's some fantastic pixie dust! We're celebrating my 60th birthday on the 8th. God bless you and your generous heart

Help with ticket dilemma. I have 3 tickets (not linked to MDE) for the March 8th event. I actually don't have the tickets, just a confirmation number to pick them up at will call. My DH now can't go on our trip, so it will just be myself and DS.

Do you think there's any hope of a refund? I figure it doesn't hurt to ask when I pick up the tickets. If not, then I'll be holding an extra ticket. So if I end up with an extra ticket I figure the best thing I can do is gift it to someone (how's that for pixie dust? pixiedust:). The dilemma is how to find someone who is solo or willing to go to the event solo? I have no idea how to go about this! Looking for suggestions!

@Ladyfish77 Just spoke with my adult son who lives in the area. He is able to join my husband and I, but not sure how we do it. If you do decide to gift it, my Son would be able to join us for my 60th birthday celebration. :love:

Help with ticket dilemma. I have 3 tickets (not linked to MDE) for the March 8th event. I actually don't have the tickets, just a confirmation number to pick them up at will call. My DH now can't go on our trip, so it will just be myself and DS.

Do you think there's any hope of a refund? I figure it doesn't hurt to ask when I pick up the tickets. If not, then I'll be holding an extra ticket. So if I end up with an extra ticket I figure the best thing I can do is gift it to someone (how's that for pixie dust? pixiedust:). The dilemma is how to find someone who is solo or willing to go to the event solo? I have no idea how to go about this! Looking for suggestions!

Last edited:

Call Disney right away! We had 7 tickets for our group of 7 but one of the adults had to have emergency back surgery followed by weeks in the ICU for blood clots so flying to Orlando and walking around WDW was not going to happen. Disney was very understanding and refunded the money for his ticket. It’s worth a try!

Are the Photopass photographers just on Main Street / The Hub during DAH or are some scattered in the lands?

Are the Photopass photographers just on Main Street / The Hub during DAH or are some scattered in the lands?

On our DAH night, 1/26, we ran into a photographer near the entrance of the tea cups at 8:11pm (DAH started at 8pm that evening). I don't remember running into any others except for the Hub and Main Street.

From reports, the only consistent location is on Main Street / the Hub.

There was at least one night that reported the Tangled Lantern shot open, but other nights said it wasn’t available. One early night had a lantern photo by tea cups as PP mentioned, but I don’t think I ever heard anything about that one again.

Guys - Both 3/1 and 3/8 are now showing as sold out. Neither were sold out earlier today. Just FYI!

Wow! At 6:29 pm (Florida time) I was at City Hall where the CM was just finishing up refunding me the difference of the price I paid for DAH as a non-AP vs the cost for an AP since I got my AP on Sunday. Lots of run around bit he finally ended up doing it after checking that they were still available for purchase.

Wow!

I wanted to buy just one more for my CP friend that wants to go! Gonna keep watching and see if any more become available. I think I remember some becoming available for a previous date for a short window.

So what's the weather supposed to be like this Thursday. We aren't arriving until 4pm that day and trying to determine what to wear. I've tried monitoring, but the reports keep varying everyday

From reports, the only consistent location is on Main Street / the Hub.

There was at least one night that reported the Tangled Lantern shot open, but other nights said it wasn’t available. One early night had a lantern photo by tea cups as PP mentioned, but I don’t think I ever heard anything about that one again.

We had our photo taken with the Tangled Lantern on 2/15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter