• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've made 3 FP for the March 8th DAH. Mickey at 6:30, Peter Pan at 7:30 and Mansion at 8:30pm. Honestly, I don't think we'll have lines from 9pm on, at least I hope not

I've made 3 FP for the March 8th DAH. Mickey at 6:30, Peter Pan at 7:30 and Mansion at 8:30pm. Honestly, I don't think we'll have lines from 9pm on, at least I hope not
The only lines will be from people who got in line right before 9 but I think they let dah guests in the FP line after 9 and some were even let in before dah starts.

On February 15th I was not allowed in the FP line until 9pm. Checked at BTMRR and Splash, CM's stated all had been informed not until 9 to allow DAH guests in the FP lines, at least that was my experience in Adventureland.

Looking forward to following along on the last two DAH events! Have fun everyone! I know I had an amazing time!

Quick Question:

My family and I are going 3/1 for our second DAH event this year. This go around, my mom will be attending with us. She is not an annual pass holder like myself, wife and daughter but we purchased her ticket for her and got an email confirmation to ease itinerary planning through the MDE app. I noticed on the confirmation it says that pass holder ID must be shown to obtain the ticket at a ticket window. Is this something I can just pay the difference for once we get there since the discount is not valid for her?

I know some mention has been made about buying non-passholders discounted rate tickets and not having issues but since she doesn't have a magic band to link the card to I was unsure the processes for entry.

Thanks!

Help with ticket dilemma. I have 3 tickets (not linked to MDE) for the March 8th event. I actually don't have the tickets, just a confirmation number to pick them up at will call. My DH now can't go on our trip, so it will just be myself and DS.

Do you think there's any hope of a refund? I figure it doesn't hurt to ask when I pick up the tickets. If not, then I'll be holding an extra ticket. So if I end up with an extra ticket I figure the best thing I can do is gift it to someone (how's that for pixie dust? pixiedust:). The dilemma is how to find someone who is solo or willing to go to the event solo? I have no idea how to go about this! Looking for suggestions!

Waiting to hear reports from 3/1. So excited. And paranoid that the Tangled lantern shot won’t be available during 3/8 DAH.

What will your strategy be, please share!
TIA!

FIRST........Know what you want to do and pay attention to the clock. Let your pace reflect how you want your night to go.
If you want to ride as much as possible, walk briskly and with a diligent plan.
If you want to enjoy an empty park, ride a few select rides and meander about, then just go with the flow cause you'll have plenty of time to do all that.

I like to get as much done as possible within reason, so I am more strategic with measures in ensuring production. With that being said I have two children (4 and 2) so they aren't aware of enjoying atmosphere, ambiance etc. They want rides, rides and rides. My wife and I want no waits, pictures and for them to have a good time.

So what I learned from my first trip:

Be sure to have finished eating and getting away from Main Street about 30 min prior to event start time. I got caught at Cosmic Rays with an extended wait time and it cost 30 minutes of event time. Will probably try to eat off property and bring just snacks for the kids for the duration of the night.

Start at one end of the park, wherever that may be and work in a direction. If you start in Fantasy land you will end up wasting time by coming back by it as opposed to working systematically through.

Any commuting time outweighs whatever wait may be at a specific ride, thus it is more advantageous to stay in a land and wait for a ride rather than walking to another section of the park for a walk on ride. If you want to ride 7DMT 4 times, then go there and stay at the ride or at least in the vicinity with maybe mixing in a Pooh ride to break up the redundancy but still staying close by. Only once you get that accomplished, walk to your next area. Its amazing how much time it wastes walking from land to land.

Know where the snack carts are and plan accordingly. If someone in your party is not riding a ride have them go get drinks and snacks for everyone! If you are walking and there is a snack cart with a line, pass it because there will be an empty one soon.

If you have particular photo pass pictures you want, get them while you are in the area and don't try to save them for after you are done riding rides.

The longest waits for us last time were meeting Ariel (8-10min), and Princess Fairytale Hall meet and greets (8-10 min) 7DMT (10min).

Consider ride duration and if it is worth it. (Pirates, Country Bear Jamboree, Jungle Cruise, Its a small world, PhilliharMagic, etc.). These rides have no wait but are the longer lasting rides that will take time.

Meeting Mickey during the event was NO wait, assuming because it is so far out of the way from everything during the event. If it is on your agenda as a must do, take this into consideration. You can also get it line before midnight but be prepared for a 30+minute wait as people see it as a "one more thing to do" opportunity prior to leaving and the line builds. Just determine if you will be up to waiting that long that late or if burning 15-25 minutes during the event is worth it.

I plan on being in Frontierland-Adventureland-Castle (pictures)-Tomorrowland-Backway to Storybrook Circus Area-Backside (Little Mermaid) of FantasyLand then the front of FantasyLand. Working across and sorta counterclockwise.

There is no perfect way to do it and each person has a different approach to accomplish what they want. Ultimately ones goal should be to just enjoy the time and who you are there with. If you set out to do that, I promise you'll accomplish that goal!

View attachment 305255 So... I just got this email today. Really not sure what to do...
I had an email like that when I went to wdw in 2016. It freaked me out! It turned out to just be a glitch in their system. My TA called and got it all straightened out for me. Before you cancel fastpasses, call and make sure there isn't just a hiccup in their system.

I made fast passes for 3 rides before DAH starts but we only have tickets for DAH and Epcot the next day 3/2. I guess I should cancel my fast passes for MK 3/1??
So I called the Internet help desk and he said it’s all showing up fine on his side. He said if anything gets cancelled to call back because they can see in their system if it gets cancelled. I’m not cancelling anything yet because I’m trusting what he said (we will see if that’s a good decision or not lol).

So I called the Internet help desk and he said it’s all showing up fine on his side. He said if anything gets cancelled to call back because they can see in their system if it gets cancelled. I’m not cancelling anything yet because I’m trusting what he said (we will see if that’s a good decision or not lol).
We had a similar thing happen with our Halloween party tickets last September. My sister lost her final day of FPS. I was able to get 2 back on my own, but of course Flight of Passage was gone. When I called IT the guy was so helpful and gave her an anytime FP for Flight of Passage that day.

We had a similar thing happen with our Halloween party tickets last September. My sister lost her final day of FPS. I was able to get 2 back on my own, but of course Flight of Passage was gone. When I called IT the guy was so helpful and gave her an anytime FP for Flight of Passage that day.
It’s good that he was willing to help. If we do lose any it will be for Saturday and we have space, splash, and 7dmt so I would want those back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter