"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just to confirm my interpretation of the first post, the specialty treats (HM tars, Jack Skellington dessert, etc), will be available starting at 7 correct?

Thanks all!

Thanks so much to everyone for all the great information! We are headed to our first party on October 5th, and I'm still having some trouble deciding on a plan. My teen DS and his friend will be there, but touring separately, so this is just for me and DH. My big issue is that we can't be there when they open at 4:(. DH and I are doing the Tokyo sake pairing from 4-6 at Epcot. I am thinking we will walk back to the Beach Club after and grab a Minnie van to get to MK (this seems like it will be fastest?). I have accepted that I won't be meeting Jack & Sally, so characters not really a priority. I want to get some magic shots, ride HM and BTMR (have always wanted to do this at night and somehow it's never worked out!), do one or two ToT lines just to experience it, watch the parade, fireworks and Hocus Pocus show. I was originally thinking that I would do fireworks, second parade and midnight Hocus Pocus, but it seems like that last hour is the best time for magic shots and rides? Would it make more sense to do an earlier Hocus Pocus, first parade and fireworks? I am fine watching either parade from Frontierland, but like to have a first-row view. Any advice would be very much appreciated!!!!

I would do the first parade and last Hocus Pocus which starts at midnight. That essentially gives you bonus party time since the party ends at midnight. You are right in that the last hour is too good to waste waiting for the parade. You'll be able to walk right up to the last Hocus Pocus show, unless you really wanted to be in the front row.

I agree with the idea of watching the last Hocus Pocus show. I noticed, though that in your message you said you'd already accepted you won't be meeting Jack and Sally. I just wanted to share our experience from last year. We didn't plan to meet them, but we watched the second parade from Liberty Square (right where the parade turns). Since it was at the end of the night, there wasn't really anything else we had planned to do, so we were just going to head out, but we noticed as we walked by that the line for Jack and Sally didn't look too bad so we decided to get in it. We only waited about 40-45 minutes to meet them, which I didn't think was too bad. It's certainly not a guarantee that would be your experience, but we went to a Friday party toward the end of October (10/21). It wasn't a sold out night, but it was a busy one. This would of course mean you would need to plan to see the Hocus Pocus show some other time in the night - but just wanted to put this out there in case you really did want to meet Jack and Sally. They did close off their line about 10 minutes after we got in line, so that would be something to consider as well!

I will buy tickets for the 24th once we get to Disney so I can get an AP discount
I don't want to be UNhelpful, but I'm 99% sure the AP discount ends at a certain party date. The 22nd & 24th of October were my original dates (now just doing 24th), and we were going to get the AP discount too, but it's not available for those nights. Worth checking out :confused3

I don't want to be UNhelpful, but I'm 99% sure the AP discount ends at a certain party date. The 22nd & 24th of October were my original dates (now just doing 24th), and we were going to get the AP discount too, but it's not available for those nights. Worth checking out :confused3

oh i forgot to put September 22 and 24th. i believe on the first page it said the 24th is an AP discount night. sorry for the confusion!

Does anyone know if they brought back the MNSSHP mystery pin boxes yet? The ones that were available the first party and then pulled due some issues with them.
How about any Hocus Pocus merchandise? Are all these party exclusive items still unavailable for purchase?

Post # 1 - Exclusive Merchandise

Hocus Pocus Halloween Merchandise Recalled/Pulled Before First Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Well I just listened to 'calling all the monsters' 10 times. I have officially ready for Halloween. So excited I get to spend it in Orlando. HHN, MNSSHP, Halloween night resort character craziness. Maybe I'll try to beat my record from a few years ago. If you guys have no idea what I'm talking about, each Disney resort has their own little Halloween celebration. Some have candy and little dance parties but they all have at least one character. A few years ago we hit up 2 All Stars (football Goofy, and some others I've forgot), Coronado (serape Donald and Jose), Port Orleans French Quarter (Louis the alligator from Princess and the Frog), AKL (Timon), GF (bandit Chip and Dale), the Poly (Elvis Stitch) and a few others I think I am forgetting. It was crazy fun, we had a solid game plan and went careening off from one resort to the next, 2 people would get out of the car and get a place in line while I went and parked. I can't believe we were able to hit so many.

Just to confirm my interpretation of the first post, the specialty treats (HM tars, Jack Skellington dessert, etc), will be available starting at 7 correct? Thanks all!

FYI: It was reported by WDWnews that two were SOLD OUT:

Cheese Cake Dome by 6:54pm
Link: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/page-47#post-58109568"]Post #930[/URL]

HM Tart @ Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies by 9pm or earlier.
Link: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/08/revie...not-scary-halloween-party-2017-magic-kingdom/

On twitter some posted the Jack Skellington desert sold out as well but did not offer a time so I did not post that on my thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter