• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, I am trying to find information on dining for a large party of seven people. What restaurants can accommodate where we can sit together throughout WDW. Our son and his wife along with our three grand kids will be joining us. I hope you can help. Thank you.

Hi folks, I am trying to find information on dining for a large party of seven people. What restaurants can accommodate where we can sit together throughout WDW. Our son and his wife along with our three grand kids will be joining us. I hope you can help. Thank you.

All restaurants can handle parties of 7.

So, I have good news ans bad news on my end regarding the tickets.

I checked My Disney Experience on my computer and yay! They showed up! Buuuut, even though my ticket showed up with MY name, Tony's name is definitely NOT Kalee. So they are now mixing up names on the tickets. Fantastic.

I checked My Disney Experience on my computer and yay! They showed up! Buuuut, even though my ticket showed up with MY name, Tony's name is definitely NOT Kalee. So they are now mixing up names on the tickets. Fantastic.

Oh. Wow. I complained about it on here and within 2 minutes of checking it again it appeared with the right name. Yay!!

So if you are staying on site and you enter before 7:00 they will use the special event ticket and not take from your regular tickets? Not sure if I'm staying that right.

You need to be sure to be in the line specifically marked for MNSSHP tickets but if you are in that line then yes they should only use your party ticket according to everything already posted on this thread.

So if you are staying on site and you enter before 7:00 they will use the special event ticket and not take from your regular tickets? Not sure if I'm staying that right.

Yep everything that @Kindermouse said. They will give you a special wrist brand too indicating you have tickets to the party as well so they can distinguish you from Guests that aren't.

Ok silly question- DD and I are going :)
My DS and DH are not (autism/severe allergies/toddler)

Can an adult have a trick or treat bag or is it only for kids? My husband would like the candy to compensate missing out on the party so I would give my bag to him.
Also could I get a few allergy friendly treats or a teal bag so I could get a few sweets for my son? For example at one treat stand instead of getting candy can I ask for an allergy friendly treat?
My daughter will happily ask for an allergy friendly treat for her brother because she loves to take care of him- but not sure how strict they are with the sweets.
Ie no teal bag - no treat for you!

I will be attending my first ever party on Aug 29 so I can't speak from experience, by I have read up a lot about this and had relatives who have gone. You absolutely can trick or treat as an adult- from what I've heard it's encouraged and most adults do. In regards to the allergy treats, you get a teal allergy token instead of candy at the trick or treat stations and whenever you are done, you go to one of the two allergy treat locations (last year was Town Square Theater and Heritage House) and there you exchange the tokens for treats. You tell them what ones you like (last year they had a couple kinds of cookies and granola bar type things, jelly beans, gummies, Smarties, and a couple of non-edible craft kits I think) and they fill up a bag of goodies. Most reports that I have read have stated that people were still given a bunch of treats even if they only had one token.

So right now, my best advice would be to get one regular treat bag and one allergy one in the beginning (last year people got a token or two when handed that first bag). Then put the allergy bag in your back pack or pocket. When you go to your first treat station pick up another regular treat bag. Trick or treat as normal and if and when you feel like it, break out the allergy bag and pick up some more tokens at a few stations while DD gets candy (or vice versa). You can go through the treat stations as many times as you want so get as much candy as you'd like. At some point, head to one of the allergy stations and trade your tokens in.

As stated, I will be at the Aug 29 party and will be doing the allergy treat stuff so I will definitely come on here and report my experience.

Ok silly question- DD and I are going :)
My DS and DH are not (autism/severe allergies/toddler)

Can an adult have a trick or treat bag or is it only for kids? My husband would like the candy to compensate missing out on the party so I would give my bag to him.
Also could I get a few allergy friendly treats or a teal bag so I could get a few sweets for my son? For example at one treat stand instead of getting candy can I ask for an allergy friendly treat?
My daughter will happily ask for an allergy friendly treat for her brother because she loves to take care of him- but not sure how strict they are with the sweets.
Ie no teal bag - no treat for you!
YES! Adults can trick or treat!

Apologies if this has been asked - I've read this thread pretty much every day and don't think I've seen it.

We'll be in Magic Kingdom from lunchtime and will be attending MNSSHP that evening. Are there specific locations you go to while already in the park to get your band/bag for the party at 4pm or do you just have to head towards the entrance?

Apologies if this has been asked - I've read this thread pretty much every day and don't think I've seen it.

We'll be in Magic Kingdom from lunchtime and will be attending MNSSHP that evening. Are there specific locations you go to while already in the park to get your band/bag for the party at 4pm or do you just have to head towards the entrance?

There will be locations in the park, but they haven't been confirmed yet for this year. Last year, those already in MK could check in for the party at Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland), Fantasy Faire (Fantasyland), or the exit to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (Tomorrowland).

The names are showing properly for me now, matching each ticket to the right person. The year for the September tickets is still 2016 with the wrong date (same day of the week though for 2016 and 2017). When I check Magicbands and cards, each person has a card. Once the hard tickets arrive next week, I will then match up the card numbers to see if they all match up. I hope you will get everything sorted out soon! It's frustrating!!

Updated:
Glad that it's finally sorted out for you!

There will be locations in the park, but they haven't been confirmed yet for this year. Last year, those already in MK could check in for the party at Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland), Fantasy Faire (Fantasyland), or the exit to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (Tomorrowland).

Thank you for the speedy reply. Do they have the Halloween maps available during the day or only at 4pm. I'm just wondering if I could pick one up when we first get into the park instead of heading back to the entrance for one.

Also, do the maps show the locations or mention where you can collect your pass from if already in the park or is that just something by word of mouth people find them out from?

We will be there at this time this year. We are two adults who already have AP's. We are not much in to Halloween. Is it worth that extra money to go? Thank you!

Thank you for the speedy reply. Do they have the Halloween maps available during the day or only at 4pm. I'm just wondering if I could pick one up when we first get into the park instead of heading back to the entrance for one.

Also, do the maps show the locations or mention where you can collect your pass from if already in the park or is that just something by word of mouth people find them out from?
The maps won't be out for the party until the party. If you are already int the park they will hand one out to you along with the trick or treat bag when they scan your ticket or magic band at one of the locations inside the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter