"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

IF I can get a 4-4:30 pm CRT dinner on one of the MNSSHP nights is this a good idea? Or better to just do QS?
If you don't care about lining up early for special characters, and aren't looking to use a few FPs, then a preparty TS is a great idea. If you want to maximize your time in MK or are interested in any of the party exclusive M&Gs, then opt for QS.

Hi all!

IF I can get a 4-4:30 pm CRT dinner on one of the MNSSHP nights is this a good idea? Or better to just do QS?
If you are into meeting characters, I would just do QS. Everyone has their own plan of attack but QS would be quick and easy. Also, when you are doing all this walking, eating candy, you will get hungry. I had a full dinner before I got there at 4pm. I assumed I would be good until the party was over at midnight. I ended up getting QS after the parade was finished. Then this held me off until I got back to the resort. When I arrived at 4pm, there were MANY party goers getting in line for characters. I got in line at 4:30 pm for 7 dwarfs, they came out at 6:15 pm.

When tickets do go on sale, are they refundable? Can you cancel if you have to?

Or do you just have to buy them and that's it--no refunds, transfers?

Last year they went onsale the first Thursday of May, if I'm remembering correctly. Hoping for the same tomorrow! I'll be in Disney with work next week and won't really have time to purchase if they go onsale then!

Generally not refundable but if you have a situation they may switch the day for you. Or they may refund you, but don't expect it.

I keep reminding myself I don't *need* to buy tickets the moment they go on sale. But I want to!! :sad2: :rolleyes1...I probably will.

I feel the same way!! I already put the $$ on a Disney Gift Card to get it out of my account. Now just waiting to put it towards the tickets. Realistically it would probably be best to wait until we are in WDW and just buy the tickets on our party day because then if there is inclement weather we can choose a different party, but I am not that patient... Hahaha.

I keep reminding myself I don't *need* to buy tickets the moment they go on sale. But I want to!! :sad2: :rolleyes1...I probably will.

I feel like if I don't get them that day, I will either completely forget to purchase, or they will suddenly sell out! I know that's not likely in one day, but well, my anxiety makes me feel like it's true lol

How is everyone creating the "special Bottom" to their thread? I would like to list the resorts I have been to with dates.
Scroll to the top of the page and click on where it says your user name and there should be a drop down and select "Signature"

Me and my partner are dressing up as woody and buzz (he's woody, I'll be the female version of buzz haha).

I bought 2 plain t-shirts from primark for £2 each and some fabric paints. It's worked out £15 for both tops and they actually look quite decent if you want to try and save on costs.

We looked into buying from etsy too but was working out quite expensive so why not get creative :artist:

That's good. My local Primark has nothing really in it. I got distracted when I went to the larger one that's not so close by though, quite a few Disney items and there's Mickey and Minnie Mouse travel neck cushions.

Is anyone else bringing a Disney/Travel Binder? Care to share your ideas?

I did not know this was a thing. I have a craft binder but not one for Disney, I don't think I'd have space in my bag but I am making a note pad into a bit of a check list/itinerary information in it. It's thin and light so I'll be easy to take to the parks. Now you've said this, I think I'm going to have to decorate it a bit having seen images on google.

Last year they went onsale the first Thursday of May, if I'm remembering correctly. Hoping for the same tomorrow! I'll be in Disney with work next week and won't really have time to purchase if they go onsale then!
While I hope it's soon myself, Disney has historically released pricing and an on-sale date in advance. Though they are also anything but consistent, so who knows?

How is everyone creating the "special Bottom" to their thread? I would like to list the resorts I have been to with dates.
Yeah, just go to your signature and add whatever you want! If you want a countdown or tracker of some sort, follow the instructions here: http://www.distickers.com/ticker/main.php

There's also lots of helpful threads here on the boards that can guide you through it.

I feel like if I don't get them that day, I will either completely forget to purchase, or they will suddenly sell out! I know that's not likely in one day, but well, my anxiety makes me feel like it's true lol

I can completely relate. What ifs make super anxious.

It's not only not likely in one day, it's not likely in one month. The earliest I've ever heard of a date selling out is early August, and that was Halloween itself. (And even that was unusually early; I think it usually doesn't sell out until early October.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter