"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. Called and booked and received a confirmation number, but nothing is showing up on MDE. :/ Gotta say that makes me a wee bit nervous -- will definitely guard that conf. number with my life!

I don't know if it's the same as the tours, but they specifically tell you for those that you won't get an e-mail and that it won't show on MDE. So, hopefully, this is the same, and you're secure with that confirmation number. :)

I have seen dates change at least in 2 different years. The calendar may say a 7pm closing and it is a good indication, but until those dates are officially announced. Disney can change it. I have had dates in both September and October changed on me in the past.

I don't know if it's the same as the tours, but they specifically tell you for those that you won't get an e-mail and that it won't show on MDE. So, hopefully, this is the same, and you're secure with that confirmation number. :)

Good to know!! I spoke to a cast member in tours, so I bet it's the same rules (though they didn't mention it). Thanks for your input!

Just curious why everyone is so worried about party dates not being released yet.. can't you just look at the calendar and find what days the park closes at 7pm and assume it's a party day?:confused3 Apologies if thats not the case, but It's Always worked for us in the past.

Sounds good in theory, but did not hold true last year. The 7pm closing were not all party nights. Also caused problems for other things as well, Disney made calendar changes as late as September for October. PP changing plans for other things planned too. So it's now best to have those dates. You could base 7pm closing for your party date, it's just treating it like you would a crowd calendar. But with ticket cost & other costs of your trip to WDW you definitely want an exact date, whereas crowd calendar is helpful but not exact, and free.

Can you tell a MNSSHP date by booking dining? For example, I tried to book dining for 9/22 but the restaurants stop seating at around 6 PM - I think that is a clue that this date is a MNSSHP date?

Possibly, but last year the 3 main restaurants (BoG, CRT & CP) had different closing/booking times. More ADRs opened later for party guests & non-party guests. Disclaimer appeared when booking. Some ADRs were canceled. Disney could be acting more conservative @ this point due to complaints, more than likely trying to clear park of non-party guests. Thread for this last year & discussed in 2016 thread with guidelines in Post #1.

I have seen dates change at least in 2 different years. The calendar may say a 7pm closing and it is a good indication, but until those dates are officially announced. Disney can change it. I have had dates in both September and October changed on me in the past.

This! Happened last year. Many were disappointed.

Had a good time at MNSSHP last year... waiting to see if there's one of those Disney After Hours events going on in September. If there is, it's going to be a tough call between going to MNSSHP or that!
I can almost guarantee DAH will not be offered in the fall/winter. They need to maximize MK operating hours on non-party nights.

Looking at the Park Hours, our one and only full day we are there, MNSSHP is not scheduled. But I'm wondering if there are any special Halloween events that take place during those days that MNSSHP does not take place.
Do you mean in MK? Other than the decorations remaining out, no. The Halloween activities are reserved solely for party nights. However, the resorts do offer activities on Halloween itself.

I spoke to a CM yesterday about the ROL dining package for Tiffins for September and she couldn't get any options. Only Tusker House and only Tuesday & Thursday during the week. They also said that we should get MNSSHP dates by the end of May..LOL. If that happens this thread will be a total meltdown.
I called on Monday to make some reservations for August and they said that August hasn't been released yet? That doesn't make any sense that August wouldn't be released but September would be?

I called on Monday to make some reservations for August and they said that August hasn't been released yet? That doesn't make any sense that August wouldn't be released but September would be?
Try again for ROL another thread said they are now open.

I was able to book for August ( booked Tusker house yesterday on 2 different August dates— was only able to get Dinner for both.. i was hoping for a lunch). I am going to keep trying to switch them to lunches, but it seems they might not have opened up all the reservations yet ( i was only able to get reservations on Saturdays in August which seemed rather odd to me)

Well, I couldn't wait any longer to book my flights (they were disappearing) and there weren't any good options from Vancouver to start with - really, really hoping that August 25th is a party date - extended our trip one day to stay (and the flight home on Saturday was significantly more expensive) but thought I would regret it if I left the day of the party (if there is one). I have never planned a trip to Disneyworld before and all this waiting for dates and announcements is stressful!

Is the MNSSHP happening on September 28th? I see the park is closing at 6pm that night, was really hoping to enjoy the whole day at MK because it's my sons 7th birthday that day. Thanks in advance :)

Is the MNSSHP happening on September 28th? I see the park is closing at 6pm that night, was really hoping to enjoy the whole day at MK because it's my sons 7th birthday that day. Thanks in advance :)

No official dates have been announced, people are basing MNSSHP dates on the calendar that shows MK closing @ 7. But that MAY change,

Same. Called and booked and received a confirmation number, but nothing is showing up on MDE. :/ Gotta say that makes me a wee bit nervous -- will definitely guard that conf. number with my life!

Mine was on the back of one of my old spreadsheets for the trip so I'll make sure I have it written somewhere safe.

Ah, I don't recall her saying anything but maybe I missed it, I guess I'm just used to the follow up emails. Thank you.

I am trying to decide if I want to reduce my tickets from a 4 day to a 3 day and just count the party as what was going to be our 2nd day at MK. The real price break goes from 4 to 5. I think we should probably rest the morning and try to have the kids nap before heading the party, so keeping a 4th day ticket just to get in a little earlier doesn't seem worth the additional cost from a 3 day to a 4 day. If I kept the extra ticket, I could see us arriving at 2:00. That is a lot to pay for 2 extra hours. We are doing the EMM on our other MK day, so I think we will get a lot done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter