******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. But Black keeps putting "AND" in there, so it confuses people!

Thank you!

Maybe I should post a complete update:

free dining could be dropping on April 24. Minimum of 4 nights, maximum of 14, with park hopper or park hopper plus add on. Check-in dates: 8/13-9/30, 11/14-11/20, 11/25-11/27, 12/8-12/23. It also appears that values AND moderates may get quick service, with regular dining only for deluxe resorts. French Quarter, All Star Movies, and Mermaid rooms at AOA appear to be excluded. Riverside appears to only be included through September.

Read it again! It does say OR not AND!

Glad you're able to benefit from this! Just keep in mind, Dining credits are based on the number of nights you stay not number of days.

So for 7 nights:
3 people w/QSDP=42 QS credits and 42 snacks

+

2 people with DxDDP=42 TS credits and 28 snacks

=

42 TS, 42 QS, and 28 snacks to share among the five of you.

Gotcha! I ran the number of credits before with a CM and he/she said it counts the days until the night of checkout. So, this is good to know. Thanks!

I keep thinking it is Sunday - I NEVER want to rush my weekend but for some "crazy" reason this weekend is different. :lmao:

Last year I snagged my FD in mid June and a friend got hers in July - yet I am still anxious I won't get it this year.

Beach club is a beautiful resort. The rooms are bright and airy. Everything looks fresh. Its an easy walk to epcot . I love that! The pool area is amazing. Also the beach area is really nice. I like the poly too but BC just has a different feel.

It looks like my arrival date of December 3rd won't qualify for FD, any idea when the RO discounts for that time will come out and any change that date will be included?
I was really hoping for something

I guess we have been spoiled these last 10 years with free dining. The moderates only getting quick service is number one. And park hoppers are a waste for us most the time. I am going to do the math- however if this is indeed the offer that drops, we will more than likely be taking our vacation on a cruise. It's just hard to justify the price of our normal Disney trip going up even more( which it has every year) but in order to be able to do Disney the way we enjoy, a cruise is just more price feasible and our kids are 21 and 17. They love Disney but as a parent the price just keeps getting steeper and steeper for less perks. We like pop century and art of animation- those would be the only 2 values we will stay at, however 4 basically adult in one of those rooms for 8 nights gets cramped. Idk , just bummed about the offer not being as inticing as in the past.[/QUO
I guess we have been spoiled these last 10 years with free dining. The moderates only getting quick service is number one. And park hoppers are a waste for us most the time. I am going to do the math- however if this is indeed the offer that drops, we will more than likely be taking our vacation on a cruise. It's just hard to justify the price of our normal Disney trip going up even more( which it has every year) but in order to be able to do Disney the way we enjoy, a cruise is just more price feasible and our kids are 21 and 17. They love Disney but as a parent the price just keeps getting steeper and steeper for less perks. We like pop century and art of animation- those would be the only 2 values we will stay at, however 4 basically adult in one of those rooms for 8 nights gets cramped. Idk , just bummed about the offer not being as inticing as in the past.
I'm in the same boat! Not sure the added $ is worth the trip. Less and less for more each year. This would be our 6th year but having a hard time with this offer. I guess I'm just bummed as well

Hey guys!

I just called Disney and spoke to a CM about an inquiry I had. I asked if it was possible to make a new reservation, put a special offer on that at a time the call centers were not open, and due to not being able to edit my existing reservation until a phone call at 7am can be made, can they take the special offer off of the new one and place it onto the old one. Given that I technically would have just reserved that spot anyway why wouldn't it be able to be placed on an existing one?

He said that theoretically yes, it can be done, and has in the past however it is a case by case basis. So this is POSSIBLE BUT they may not choose to do it for FD. However, why not try? Figured it was a fantastic question.

DISCLAIMER: HE SAID IT WAS THEORETICALLY POSSIBLE. IT IS NOT GUARANTEED.

Don't refresh once you get in to the checkout phase - refresh the offers page until the dining offer appears :)
Don't refresh once you get in to the checkout phase - refresh the offers page until the dining offer appears :)

I get this but what happens when you're in the checkout phase and it's "sold out" are you then put back in the beginning to look for a new reservation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter