******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Disney Ron for the information!

While I am not getting my hopes up, it would be great if we did not have to get the hoppers. That money we save would pay for the Fantasmic Dining package and a souvenir or two. We don't usually park hop and would only get them if we need them for FD. Either way hoppers or no, getting FD or not we will be in Disney this August. :-) All the number crunching on our part is pretty well done, my TA has all of our options, so now all there is to do is wait and see what happens Monday.

Take for instance, POFQ. We've been numerous times in September when there weren't any rooms showing available. Empty parking lots, empty room(visible from outside). Even had to make adjustments before based on availability PER promotions, ie bounceback, FD, etc... I know you guys here on the DIS like to argue but it's how it works. If you honestly think that all of the resorts are full year round, well, that's your opinion.

I honestly don't understand what you're saying here at all. But POFQ isn't part of promotions as a rule (yes, sometimes on a BB or a UOC but that's about it). So not sure how that's relevant.

But you really think that Disney is holding back rooms they could be selling today at full price, just to be able to sell them later for less? So if I wanted to give them more of my money today they wouldn't take it? They're waiting for someone who wants to pay less tomorrow and saving that room for them?

I'm not sure why they would be holding back and keeping rooms empty. But I can assure you it's not just so they can sell them at a discounted price later on!

This is what last year's Disney Visa email looked like. It had codes you could use when calling or had a link in the email you could click on directly. This is LAST YEAR'S (don't want to create a ruckus!)

Thanks for posting that. Do you recall what date is came out (last year)?

I am booked at the beach club at 380 a night. When I price it out, I do save $228 with a hopper vs a 25% room off discount without hopper. Rumor is the max fall discount will be 25%.

THIS! This is what I have wanted to know! Now to crunch my numbers!

We went for breakfast and it was good. Nothing super special but I definitely wouldn't call it bad! Breakfast is a safer bet for restaurants where the food may be iffy, it's hard to screw up bacon and eggs. And the character interactions were wonderful :love:

Funny, we went for dinner and LOVED the food! I still think about the braised beef to this day! I also have 2 little girls so it was a great way to get them to see some princesses without waiting in line everywhere.

How do I add a picture to my profile? The ? just seems so anonymous. An Olaf pic would be so much more personal...:)

Also, what if the Disney Visa "perk" was that cardholders received the DDP at mods instead of QS at mods? A guy can dream.

I honestly don't understand what you're saying here at all. But POFQ isn't part of promotions as a rule (yes, sometimes on a BB or a UOC but that's about it). So not sure how that's relevant.

But you really think that Disney is holding back rooms they could be selling today at full price, just to be able to sell them later for less? So if I wanted to give them more of my money today they wouldn't take it? They're waiting for someone who wants to pay less tomorrow and saving that room for them?

I'm not sure why they would be holding back and keeping rooms empty. But I can assure you it's not just so they can sell them at a discounted price later on!

And you really think that all resorts fill up year round? Even small resorts such as POFQ don't have that happen. And yeah, I'm aware that FQ doesn't partake in FD.

How do I add a picture to my profile? The ? just seems so anonymous. An Olaf pic would be so much more personal...:)

Also, what if the Disney Visa "perk" was that cardholders received the DDP at mods instead of QS at mods? A guy can dream.

You can click on your profile picture and add one after I think 10 posts?

Never heard of white princess, what is it?

White Queen and White Princes is a mini-series on Starz White queen was a few years ago.
It is the daughter of Elizbeth Gray and Edward of York.
The Daughter is Elizbeth. (Mother of Henry the 8th)
This whole story starts with the war of the roses.
(George RR Martin admits to taking some things from the war of rose's, for his Game of throne series of books and now show.) I am a writer so I am also looking into more of these wars. )

Thank you Disney Ron for the information!

While I am not getting my hopes up, it would be great if we did not have to get the hoppers. That money we save would pay for the Fantasmic Dining package and a souvenir or two. We don't usually park hop and would only get them if we need them for FD. Either way hoppers or no, getting FD or not we will be in Disney this August. :-) All the number crunching on our part is pretty well done, my TA has all of our options, so now all there is to do is wait and see what happens Monday.
You do need 2 day park hopper or park hopper plus

@monorailrabbit We're in the same boat of looking at the RO. MY gut says that if we have a offer that works the best option may be to just call a CM and let them do the magic. Thought?

Funny, we went for dinner and LOVED the food! I still think about the braised beef to this day! I also have 2 little girls so it was a great way to get them to see some princesses without waiting in line everywhere.
My DD was five when we went last and the look on her face when Ariel made her way over to us just melted my heart! She got to hold Ariel's hand when they did the little parade around the restaurant too. We liked the food, but even if it was bad I'd eat crappy food for that experience!

And you really think that all resorts fill up year round? Even small resorts such as POFQ don't have that happen. And yeah, I'm aware that FQ doesn't partake in FD.

Actually, no, never said that all resorts fill up year round. Not sure where you got that from. That's not even close to anything I said.

My point was simply that Disney doesn't "hold" rooms just to be able to release them as part of a discount.

They may have other reasons for holding them. I don't know.

But they're certainly not holding back on open rooms just so they can sell them cheaper. Can you think of any possible reason they would do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter