******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the info. We did not get in on the GC promo and are currently booked for CBR, I'm thinking of switching to POP since the rumor is CBR will only get QS dining. Also CBR's standard room dates are extremely limited around our trip to the point of staying offsite the first and last night.

Is this a decent switch? 2 adults, 2 kids (2 and 4).

I can't say if it's a decent switch or not, only you can. Keep in mind, CBR has queen sized beds and a much nicer pool area. POP has double beds and a pretty basic pool area. Great bus system though.

Sorry if this has been answered, I am struggling to keep up! I am making my reservations now so I can modify Monday. Is it best if I add the dining plan now, or does not matter?

I also don't like that the excuse tends to be "children who miss X amount of days are more likely to fail math" or "more likely to drop out of school." This excuse simply does not apply to kids who do well in school yet are absent due to family vacations. The kids who are doing poorly in school are failing not because of going to Disney World but due to other more important issues.

I pulled my son out of school twice, once in grade school and once in high school. One week each time. I caught grief from only a couple of teachers. I told the teachers if my son doesn't graduate because he missed a week of school to go to WDW then we've got a bigger problem than my son missing a week of school to go to WDW. That usually ended the debate fairly quickly.

Thanks for all the info. We did not get in on the GC promo and are currently booked for CBR, I'm thinking of switching to POP since the rumor is CBR will only get QS dining. Also CBR's standard room dates are extremely limited around our trip to the point of staying offsite the first and last night.

Is this a decent switch? 2 adults, 2 kids (2 and 4).

I doubt standard rooms at CBR will be available for FD anyways. I'm betting the Pirate rooms with double beds will be available though. Switching to Pop is a no brainer IMO.

The most expensive rooms at CBR only has double beds? I thought all the mods had queen sized beds? I know even the "cheap" rooms at POR has queen sized beds.

Sorry ididnt get ...What is this

The main webiste has updated, yesterday you could see that it says "included most dates between 21st August - December 23rd"
The website now says "Get a free dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 6-night/7-day Magic Your Way package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and ... " under the website title, it still cant be accessed, it still shows goofy "special offer not available"

Random somewhat off-topic question for those of you who have stayed at Pop and POR. IF (big IF) I were to score FD at Pop, it would be about $400 less than the TA deal I have at POR (no FD, estimating my food costs OOP). I've stayed at Pop and thought it was just fine. My kids are elementary age, so they liked it. I basically view the hotel as a place to sleep, not a place to spend much time. My question is: is POR worth paying an extra $400 over Pop in your opinion? I like the idea of queen, not full, beds. But I worry about the buses at POR. Just looking for various insights/opinions. Many thanks in advance!

The main webiste has updated, yesterday you could see that it says "included most dates between 21st August - December 23rd"
The website now says "Get a free dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 6-night/7-day Magic Your Way package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and ... " under the website title, it still cant be accessed, it still shows goofy "special offer not available"
Ok.. the page u r referring is 2015...
View source of the page

This is slightly frustrating because I have read about people doing both. Meaning some have not paid the increase when switching and others have. One would have to believe both groups. In my case, I've never experienced it, but I did ask DSS on multiple occasions and they have stated I will not be required to pay the increased prices. If/when I switch to FD, I will see what happens and let everyone here know.

I have had to every year, I get it's confusing when not everyone has the same experience.

Just popping in to say good morning. :wave2: I've been following this thread since the beginning, and it's been fun waiting on FD with you all!
I've also been thinking about this possible change to QS for the mods. While I do think it stinks - you're getting "less" for the same $$ (more, actually) as past trips - I'm beginning to warm to the idea. My family of 5 always stays at POR, and it's still the least expensive option. I need to re-do my spreadsheets for QS and see how FD shakes out, but my guess is, for us, it is still worth it. I'll pay for one or two TS OOP that we really want to do, but for the rest of the time, I'm starting to like the idea of QS dining freedom. Can you tell I'm talking myself into it? Darn you Disney, just keep increasing prices and giving less and I still love you :hug:
I did a bounce back at a value from last year. I've been talking myself into upgrading to the regular dining plan, but last minute decided I like the freedom over a sit down meal. I have two new people with me and thought that the need to be somewhere with a specific time is too strenious, exspecially not knowing how one will do with all the walking. The days might be shorter for that one person and then would have to stress that he makes it to the reservation. Nope, quick service is just fine for us.

So, if you where staying at a value (or maybe a moderate) and you wanted to upgrade dining to the table service - You would add $21.16 per person/per night ? ($69.36 minus $48.19 = $21.16)

Does this make any sense to anyone??? -- I emailed my TA yesterday in a panic about not being able to book 7 nights at the Poly. She replied that Disney only allows her to book a limited number of nights at certain hotels during certain time periods. So she had to make one 5 night reservation, and then another 2 night reservation, and noted that we would like to stay in the same room for both reservations. This make no sense - what does Disney gain by limiting the number of nights booked per reservation?
Doesn't make sense to me. Someone mentioned earlier that they were trying to book a week trip but there was no availability; but if they tried each night individually it did have availability. Someone else said that it was because Disney held back a couple individual rooms in case of room switches; they would be willing to give this over for one night, but don't want them taken away from the inventory for a full week.

But, it does seem weird that the TA is making a blanket statement.

Random somewhat off-topic question for those of you who have stayed at Pop and POR. IF (big IF) I were to score FD at Pop, it would be about $400 less than the TA deal I have at POR (no FD, estimating my food costs OOP). I've stayed at Pop and thought it was just fine. My kids are elementary age, so they liked it. I basically view the hotel as a place to sleep, not a place to spend much time. My question is: is POR worth paying an extra $400 over Pop in your opinion? I like the idea of queen, not full, beds. But I worry about the buses at POR. Just looking for various insights/opinions. Many thanks in advance!

I really like POR, but I love Pop. I've always had the best bus service at Pop. The multiple stops at the moderates do drive me nuts. You can always request a refurbished room at Pop to get a queen bed, but there is no guarantee. I would still choose Pop over POR for that savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter