• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to add to the confusion, but I can tell you from my own experience that I have used 2 QS for 1 TS. I found out that we could when my daughter was a cast member and did it for people when they came to her restaurant. I certainly don't know that it's Disney policy and I wouldn't want anyone to base their vacation numbers on the idea that it would work, but I've found that different cast members and different restaurants allow different things.

This is very interesting. Could you please share the restaurant(s) you were able to use 2 QS for 1 TS and when you were able to do this?

Since we have over a week until FD but I still like hanging out with all of you I'm going :offtopic: again:

Is anyone planning to go to Universal while in Florida? We LOVE the Wizarding World but I'm just not ok with spending over $1,000 for the 4 of us to go for two days. Any wonderful secret discounts???
We want to do HP as well, but my boys are only tall enough for 2 of the HP rides. Can I justify that much money or should we just wait a few years?

Since we have over a week until FD but I still like hanging out with all of you I'm going :offtopic: again:

Is anyone planning to go to Universal while in Florida? We LOVE the Wizarding World but I'm just not ok with spending over $1,000 for the 4 of us to go for two days. Any wonderful secret discounts???

Dying to make a wizarding world trip too! We have a 10 year old that's been and loved it but also have a 4 year old so is in the "Disney sweet spot" so will wait a few years.

We will be going and spending nearly $1000 for the 4 of us just for one day. We do both parks with the VIP Express tickers

We will be going and spending nearly $1000 for the 4 of us just for one day. We do both parks with the VIP Express tickers
Instead of paying for VIP pass u can book a room for one night in royal pacific approx may be around 250. ... so u all get free VIP pass .... for some even it worked out get they got VIP for check in day and check out too

My son loves Universal! We usually do it as a standalone vacation but I'll give you some of my tips. It is not cheaper to book a package directly with them. You can definitely save money buying tickets and room separately on your own. Last year I used Undercover Toursit for my tickets ( through Mousesavers link) and booked my room on Orbitz with a 15-20% discount. If you stay onsite at Royal Pacific, Hardrock or Portofino, you get the unlimited express pass included....best way to do Universal IMO! If you are interested in doing this, Royal Pacific is usually cheaper than the other two.

Instead of paying for VIP pass u can book a room for one night in royal pacific approx may be around 250. ... so u all get free VIP pass .... for some even it worked out get they got VIP for check in day and check out too
My son loves Universal! We usually do it as a standalone vacation but I'll give you some of my tips. It is not cheaper to book a package directly with them. You can definitely save money buying tickets and room separately on your own. Last year I used Undercover Toursit for my tickets ( through Mousesavers link) and booked my room on Orbitz with a 15-20% discount. If you stay onsite at Royal Pacific, Hardrock or Portofino, you get the unlimited express pass included....best way to do Universal IMO! If you are interested in doing this, Royal Pacific is usually cheaper than the other two.
adding to this universal one day park hopper is 185 and 2 day non hopper ticket is 205

Yup, have a child that works there! Not only do we get comp tickets to US/IOA AND Volcano Bay, we get great rates at their hotels! Stayed at Portofino for $100 a night last month.

I'll add another tip as well, we prefer Hard Rock, but Royal Pacific is awesome also and usually cheaper but if you do club level I feel it's the best of all 3 of the Deluxe resorts as far as the offerings at the club lounge they have, we were usually satisfied after the meals offered at the lounge and only the restaurants we love we pay oop.........oh everyone needs to try Toothsome it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything new today? Been at the baseball fields all day and want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

I'll add another tip as well, we prefer Hard Rock, but Royal Pacific is awesome also and usually cheaper but if you do club level I feel it's the best of all 3 of the Deluxe resorts as far as the offerings at the club lounge they have, we were usually satisfied after the meals offered at the lounge and only the restaurants we love we pay oop.........oh everyone needs to try Toothsome it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We went in the beginning of June last year and Toothsome wasn't open yet...I'm jealous, I can't wait to try it!

I have a question to get free dining do your park days have to match you hotel nights we are staying 9 days 8 nights but only getting park passes for 7 days?

Hello Tallen, not sure if this got answered, I didn't see an answer but this thread goes so fast. You do not have to have a park ticket for every day of your stay to get dining, free or otherwise. It sounds like they are making you have a 4 day park hopper this year to qualify though. So only a 4 day park hopper ticket is required.

I remember when it was only a 2 day ticket, and Disney paid for all the tips on the meals too! Those were good times....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter