• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wished my wife would at least respond to me when I ask for opinions on planning:confused3

It's usually just plan it, you know what we like, then the few weeks before our vacation all the questions come......I say don't you remember me saying this 3 months ago!!!

LOL! This is my husband. No input, whatever you think until we get there. Then he has all kinds of advice and better ways we could have done it. I just reply "next time you can do it." and get a whole bunch of no that's okay. LOL!!

I agree and that worries me a bit.

There probably will be some who switch to the values but I don't think the mods are going to have much difficulty filling up, especially because of the limited availability from the construction at two of the resorts. Many of those who booked CBR with the gift cards will probably still stay. And there are a lot of people who won't consider a value resort because they want a hot tub, pool slide, or restaurant. I think the bigger problem will be that because there are less mod rooms available, once there's no more availability, that will increase interest in the values first and deluxes to a lesser extent once values are filled.

So I want online and prices both packages 9 day park ticket w hopper plus, without adding dinning. Here is what I got. Hope I am doing this right.
8 days POR not paying for dinning=4386
672 to upgrade to TS = 5058

AkL standard room free dinning = 5422

I am sure AK over POR for less that 400 is a great deal.

Does this look right?
Looks correct.problem is finding standard room !

I know I was thinking about switching to that- we would have the TS dining if we stayed there right? This is so frustrating! I hate the unknown!!! Lol

Yes, SSR is deluxe so should include regular DDP. They are a large resort and seem to always have availability so in the past they have always been included in discounts.

Very short summer for sure. But, you must love it...because you haven't moved!
I am not a fan of the weather here but moving isn't an option.
Booklet???

I don't know about LauraJean but I stay for the people and extended family. We had planned to move away when we were young and first married but family support when you have small children is invaluable. Now that they are older, it's hard to move away from our pensions.

My plan is to spend winters in FL after retirement to avoid all that snow that we have every year.

We have 3 kids so leaving wasn't even a thought. Hubby works in oil and gas so he is back and forth for his job so we were lucky to get to stay home. I hate the weather no doubt lol but could be worse. I don't have much to worry about living in NL.

For everyone who has been having difficulty understanding the Park Hopper Plus option, I know several people on here have explained it, but I thought I'd offer my experience in case it helps.

We have done this before with just the water park I add on and will be doing it this time with PH+. We're staying 12 nights/13 days. I don't plan anything for arrival and departure day because I don't know my plane schedule and there are too many what ifs. Those days, if time allows, can be spent at the resort pool, DS, etc. So I have 11 full days. I have 5 day PH+ tickets, so I have 5 days of Park Hoppers for the theme parks plus 5 visits (per person) to the water parks and mini golf. Last time we used one of these visits for Disney Quest, but that will be closing in July. I will also be purchasing tickets for MNSSHP. So what I have planned is 1 day theme park followed by 1 day water park. The days before and after MNSSHP are water park days and on MNSSHP day we will spend the morning/ early afternoon in the pool at the resort, then go to the party. All 11 days are accounted for with 5 days in the theme parks, 1 day MNSSHP/ pool, and 5 days at the water parks. We will probably also hit up DS and FW on an evening or two after we leave the water parks.

Obviously, everyone has different priorities when it comes to their vacation. For us, the water parks are just as fun as the theme parks. They also provide a refreshing respite after a long hot day in the theme parks and a chance to sleep in a little if we need to so we aren't going from park open to close every day of our vacation. We could use the water park passes on theme park days, but I don't want to waste part of a day that I have reserved for a theme park in a water park. I maximize the value of those theme park days which leaves me wanting a "down" day afterwords that is still fun (waterparks).

Again, people think I'm crazy for only having 5 days worth of tickets to the theme parks, but I literally double the amount of days I can have fun by utilizing the water park add on (now park hopper plus) and it only costs $16 more per ticket to add the water parks to a 5 day hopper ticket (or in other terms, to add the "plus" to park hopper).

One last thing, it seems many travel agents do not fully understand how park hopper plus works. I had two different agents from different agencies (NOT Dreams! I'm sure they know what they're talking about) give me completely incorrect info about how the water park allotments could be used. Once I informed them they were incorrect, they called Disney and then told me that their entire agency (both of them) was unaware that water park passes could be used on separate days. So point being, if you are told you have to visit the water parks on your theme park days, this is NOT true. You CAN make a 10 day vacation with 5 day PH+ tickets if you want to with 5 days in the theme parks and 5 days in the water parks/ mini golf (but you don't have to). You can use your water park tickets any time within 14 days of your first ticket usage.

We are currently booked at CBR for 11/19-11/25 with 4 day passes, going to Universal for the other 2.

Free QS at CBR doesn't seem like enough of a discount for us to stay there. Any idea what kind of discount will be offered on rooms? And how does that work, do we buy tickets separately? I have only ever bought a package.
We could switch to POP but that still seems pricely for QS only.

We are currently booked at CBR for 11/19-11/25 with 4 day passes, going to Universal for the other 2.

Free QS at CBR doesn't seem like enough of a discount for us to stay there. Any idea what kind of discount will be offered on rooms? And how does that work, do we buy tickets separately? I have only ever bought a package.
We could switch to POP but that still seems pricely for QS only.

I have no idea what the room discount might look like, but you can book with a room discount and still add tickets (AND dining if you want) to create a package. In some cases, taking the room discount and adding tickets and dining is cheaper than taking the "free" dining offer depending on the make-up of your family!

We have stayed t all three resorts levels and if we can stay Deluxe with Dinning for only 500 more that upgrding to take at a moderae it is well worth it!!!!
My numbers must be off. When I did the calculations, for a 6 day stay to upgrade from a moderate (with PH 7 days and upgrade from regular DP) to the least expensive deluxe resort including 7 day park hopper tickets and free DDP, was a difference of more than $1000.
Yes, I booked the Savory Summer Offer back in February and Disney sent me a booklet. It contained my reservation # and was personalised with the resort I was booked in.
Maybe it's because I am in Canada. We received nothing except an e-mail confirming the reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter