******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to post what it says? I have it translated. Sorry I am new to this
It says FD will drop April 24. Values and Mods will get QS. They are sure AoA little mermaid rooms and Port orleans french Q are not included . They aré not sure if PO riverside and ASMo will be included

Here's something else. Maybe somebody can tell me where I'm going wrong. I've tried to play with the numbers staying offsite vs staying onsite. I have yet to come up with numbers that are significant savings, if at all. What am I missing? Plus you have to pay to park every day. Deal with traffic outside of the park. You can't make your ADRs 180 days out. I have yet to find a significant advantage.
It's been awhile since we stayed offsite-- I remember when we went 1 week offsite 5 minutes from Disney was less than the price of 1 night in a standard Deluxe in Disney. I just looked on Mousesavers to compare a current price, and they are advertising 1-bedroom suites for $89/night at a decent-looking hotel (1st example I came upon), and you get every 2nd night for $69/night for the dates we are going, with free breakfast. Of course that's a discount, but you see discounts all the time. I'm the discount queen! As far as the parking, there are hotels with free shuttles if you don't want to have to drive yourself and pay for parking, or Uber. Again, having said all that, of course we would prefer staying onsite. . . maybe someday at the GF Club Level, right after I win Mega Millions! pixiedust:

Think about it. That doesn't even make sense for them to offer it that way. Everybody's going to choose the cheaper option. Plus, go back and read black562's original post on page 380. Park Hopper and park hopper plus add on. Not or. And add on.
I think it makes sense because some people might want that option (I'd consider it because my kids want to go to a water park), and they're saying that either ticket type is eligible for free dining.

Think about it. That doesn't even make sense for them to offer it that way. Everybody's going to choose the cheaper option. Plus, go back and read black562's original post on page 380. Park Hopper and park hopper plus add on. Not or. And add on.

No, not everybody's necessarily going to choose the cheaper option! Anyone who wants to go to a water park will get the "and more". Makes absolutely no sense that they'd require you to buy water park passes. They want you in the parks spending lots of money!

And saying "Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus" is the one that makes absolutely no sense. You buy either/or not both.

The website that originally released the rumor is called Viajero Magico, an Argentinean website. This is their original twitt:
ViajeroMagico.com‏ @viajeromagico 21h21 hours ago
Mínimo 4 noches Máximo 14 Requiere ticket con Hopper o Hopper Plus
My Spanish is a little rusty as I speak Portuguese but last I knew o means or not and. I rather believe them since they've been right every single year since 2010.

But the wording is all wrong it's called Park Hopper Plus or Park Hopper with Water Park and More. Everyone here knows if you say it that way what you are talking about.

Some people may actually want the water park and more option. It only adds just under $16 for adults to go to the Park Hopper+, over the Park Hopper option. For a large family it does add up but for me it adds less than $32.

I can say that when we went a few years ago during free dining we wanted to book at Yacht Club but there was no availability so I booked Beach Club. A week or two later I checked again and Yacht Club was available so I booked that and canceled my Beach Club res. So yeah, I think they do add availability as time passes.
I don't think they are ADDING availability, but availability comes back from all those who book to hold and then cancel their original when they grab a FD room. I noticed too that availabilit opens up. especially after the final payment date.

But the wording is all wrong it's called Park Hopper Plus or Park Hopper with Water Park and More. Everyone here knows if you say it that way what you are talking about.

Some people may actually want the water park and more option. It only adds just under $16 for adults to go to the Park Hopper+, over the Park Hopper option. For a large family it does add up but for me it adds less than $32.

There is no more "water parks and more" tickets. It's either Park Hopper (just the four main parks) or Park Hopper Plus (which includes admission to water parks, mini golf, Disneyquest, etc)

And if you really had to buy the "plus", it would simply say "Park Hopper Plus add on" and not list park hopper separately.

Like I've said in an earlier post, he didn't word it the best. You can read into whatever you want. I'm not sure where the confusion is coming in with "and". I'll bet you dinner at Boatwright's that you don't have the choice. It's either going to be park hopper (and you upgrade to PH+ on your own if you choose to), or it's going to be PH+, period. Going off of black's post I'm betting PH+ or nothing. At least, that's what I'm planning on and will be pleasantly surprised if it's only PH. I'm looking forward to that prime rib dinner at Boatwright's you're going to be buying for me. :thumbsup2 :drinking1

Does anyone remember last years rumors before FD dropped? I feel like the QS at mods was rumored in the past then it was regular dining when it dropped. I can't remember but I feel like I have been through this before. Not sure how I would deal with QS paying mod prices. FD usually makes or breaks our vacation and adding an additional $700 for an upgrade is going to be a tough decision.

It's all a guessing game at this point. But, yes, I can't imagine there's much incentive to offer it at CBR except for the most expensive rooms. It sounds like CBR is pretty booked up as it is.

Can happen, at PoR only the royal rooms has FD availability on some dates...

Thanks for answering, that makes sense.

If FD is not available at your resort/room category when you make that modification, yes, you could lose FD. WDW no longer simply let's you drop dates from an existing reservation. Those new dates actually have to be in current FD inventory in order to book them.

You won't need to transfer anything. ADR's aren't tied to a resort reservation.
If FD is not available at your resort/room category when you make that modification, yes, you could lose FD. WDW no longer simply let's you drop dates from an existing reservation. Those new dates actually have to be in current FD inventory in order to book them.

You won't need to transfer anything. ADR's aren't tied to a resort reservation.

It says FD will drop April 24. Values and Mods will get QS. They are sure AoA little mermaid rooms and Port orleans french Q are not included . They aré not sure if PO riverside and ASMo will be included
I was asking this referring to another person asking what it said. Thank You for answering it for them. I myself have read the article translated. I was unsure if you're allowed to screenshot bits of the article translated and post on here? Or if just the rumor link is allowed.

Does anyone remember last years rumors before FD dropped? I feel like the QS at mods was rumored in the past then it was regular dining when it dropped. I can't remember but I feel like I have been through this before. Not sure how I would deal with QS paying mod prices. FD usually makes or breaks our vacation and adding an additional $700 for an upgrade is going to be a tough decision.

A lot of people have that same sentiment.

Can happen, at PoR only the royal rooms has FD availability on some dates...

I didn't say it couldn't happen. I was responding to a PP (whom I quoted) that said probably only the pirate rooms - the most expensive rooms - were going to be offered FD if CBR is included at all. Same thing with POR. Unless I'm mistaken, there's been a lot of debate here if POR will be included or not. I'm not sure there's been any clarification on that. There have been so many posts I'm having trouble keeping up! :crazy2:

How can I find out the rack room rates for my dates?
google it,, i believe allears has a listing.. you have be be exact. though, there are many "seasons" and weekends cost more. check if the rate is with tax or not.. I believe the disneywebsite show rates without taxes

I don't think they are ADDING availability, but availability comes back from all those who book to hold and then cancel their original when they grab a FD room. I noticed too that availabilit opens up. especially after the final payment date.
Certainly could be the case

A lot of people have that same sentiment.

I didn't say it couldn't happen. I was responding to a PP (whom I quoted) that said probably only thas the pirate rooms - the most expensive rooms - were going to be offered FD if CBR is included at all. Same thing with POR. Unless I'm mistaken, there's been a lot of debate here if POR will be included or not. I'm not sure there's been any clarification on that. There have been so many posts I'm having trouble keeping up! :crazy2:

It comes down to availability..... any no one can tell what rooms will be available.. but the cheap ones go first or are not available. My experience is that those "speciality" rooms were never the first to go.... I mean they are nice ( we stayed 2x royal rooms only to guarentee my mom a specific location at PoR) but I have always check the website after booking FD to still check the math.... these rooms were last to go.. as nice as they are,, they are pricey. and I think for most guest just not worth the additional cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter