• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily I think the DFB has amended their article because it now says it's a CS so I will happily try it out on our next trip.

Yeah, I'm really excited now! Menu looks delicious!

We seem to be spending more and more time at DS. So many excellent food choices and parking at the Lime Garage is such a breeze. :) Really love the vibe there!

I just don't know why we would do that? Would love to hear people's reasonings. Why lose the travel time? I'm already at the park I think is best for that day so why hop?
For me, I don't do that many rides at each park. I like most of the shows and we tend to eat lunch at Epcot. So lots of times I may go from MK to Epcot and back to MK, just to eat lunch at Epcot and maybe go on Spaceship Earth. Also, I have never stayed a whole day at either HS or AK. Now that Pandora is there, it may be a different story, but probably not. I guess it's mainly because I have never stayed at one park. To each his own. It's all good no matter how you do it, isn't it?

Also, does anyone know where I could find $10 or $15 Disney gift cards? My physical therapist is heading to WDW because his daughter is competing in the cheer competition. I've become close with him and his family and he has two kids (the 9 yr old cheerleader and a 3-yr old son). I thought it could be fun to give each of the kids a small gift card to each have their own money to buy a souvenir. But I only saw $50 at Target and $25 on the Disney Store Online. That is a bit over my price point!
If you have a Disney store close by they have gift cards that you can put any amount on.

Yes, I was surprised about Manchester, I was flying out of Boston in the past since Manchester got so expensive, but I was able to get a good price on SW for Sept. this time. 20 minutes away so I don't have to go into Boston!!
I fly out of Manchester too. Most times I get a good deal from SW. Hoping to this time too.

Just curious..... Do travel agents get to book rooms in advance of GP for special offers?
There is a travel agent that lives in our area that posted on her FB page that she would be busy booking several reservations for her clients today. She didn't say anything more than that..... Just hopeful that FD is being released sooner than later!

Nope, or at least I don't know ahead of time. I find out with the Disney Visa friends (because I'm a DIsney Visa holder) but never earlier than that......unless maybe it is a perk for someone who sells way more trips than me.

I wish the Express Transport pass was good for your entire stay, not just 7 days. We would most likely use it Monday, Thurs, Sat, and Mon again. So that would mean we have to pay for a week plus a day. Or just take one of the Mondays and use the normal buses. The 2nd Monday is the day we leave; we would definitely start at AK, but I don't know if we would want to spend the whole 1/2 day there; we have BOMA breakfast at 9, and DME leaves at 3, so that would give us about 10-2 within the parks. We'd probably want to FP one of the Pandora rides and maybe Everest again. But then we may want to go to Epcot for food & wine for lunch before heading back to POR.

So, if we decide to only do 7 days, do we get it starting the first Monday? And then if we do decide to hop on the last day have to either waste valuable/limited park time or pay extra for one bus trip?
Or do we skip the first day and only buy the pass starting Thursday. But then what if we decide not to hop on the last day and then we wasted the pass when we could have used it on that first Monday?

Or am I just waaaayyy overthinking a vacation that is 5 months away!

I haven't had time to catch up on all the posts, but did anyone catch the free dining faq on the your first visit website? Interesting. Forgive me if I'm repeating old information. Had the stomach bug and haven't had any thoughts about dining....free or not.

I wish the Express Transport pass was good for your entire stay, not just 7 days. We would most likely use it Monday, Thurs, Sat, and Mon again. So that would mean we have to pay for a week plus a day. Or just take one of the Mondays and use the normal buses. The 2nd Monday is the day we leave; we would definitely start at AK, but I don't know if we would want to spend the whole 1/2 day there; we have BOMA breakfast at 9, and DME leaves at 3, so that would give us about 10-2 within the parks. We'd probably want to FP one of the Pandora rides and maybe Everest again. But then we may want to go to Epcot for food & wine for lunch before heading back to POR.

So, if we decide to only do 7 days, do we get it starting the first Monday? And then if we do decide to hop on the last day have to either waste valuable/limited park time or pay extra for one bus trip?
Or do we skip the first day and only buy the pass starting Thursday. But then what if we decide not to hop on the last day and then we wasted the pass when we could have used it on that first Monday?

I would personally do it starting on the first Monday, and depending on how you are feeling that last day, buy the one day pass if you have to.

So, do we know for sure free dining will come out on a monday?? For sure... Only 2 more Mondays this month.... May 1st, is not a good day for me, I will still be in Vegas and not sure how that one would work out for me....

So, do we know for sure free dining will come out on a monday?? For sure... Only 2 more Mondays this month.... May 1st, is not a good day for me, I will still be in Vegas and not sure how that one would work out for me....
We don't know anything for sure, all just guesses.
It's dropped on a Thursday before

Even with Express Transportation, that seems like quite a bit to fit into your last day. It will most likely take you a while to eat at BOMA and catch the bus to DAK (especially if you want to enjoy the breakfast buffet...DELISH!). The buses at AKL were often slow when we were there in Dec.

It would appear the security line is at the resort. I'd research this more. But I saw a few videos where certain resorts had security check points prior to guests entering boat transportation.

I believe that's Universal. We stayed at Portofino & went through security at the resort. This is because the boat drops you off past the bag check point.

I haven't had time to catch up on all the posts, but did anyone catch the free dining faq on the your first visit website? Interesting. Forgive me if I'm repeating old information. Had the stomach bug and haven't had any thoughts about dining....free or not.

I did not see this. What does it say?

O.K. It took me a few minutes, but I found it. Sounds like they want you to use their travel agent. They are suggesting late April. We are getting closer.

Last edited:

I think leaving any park at 2:00 with a 3:00 DME time is waaaayyyy too late. You need to be AT your resort no later than 2:45, ready to go with all carry-ons in hand. The bus will leave at 3:00, and if you're not checked in and on that bus they will leave you. The cost of a taxi would not be worth a park hop in the morning to me. Just plan on going to AK and leave it at that.

Well, we live about 10 minutes from PVD airport and about 2 hours from BDL so it would have to be a HUGE savings for us! I did just check out of curiosity though. The flights are definitely a little bit cheaper, but definitely not worth making the hike. Only a few dollars here and there. It might work for others though!

That's me with BDL. I can call my ride when I land & have them there before I get my bags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter