******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Express Transportation: Wow...I do not understand the times she listed 10/40 0/30 etc. It's not even military time. Is it some kind of code...LOL! Not helpful without the code!
It's the minutes each hour. Like 10/40 means at 10:10/10:40. It will be that way for each hour that the park is open.

Regarding Express Transportation: Wow...I do not understand the times she listed 10/40 0/30 etc. It's not even military time. Is it some kind of code...LOL! Not helpful without the code!

Express Transportation is every half hour. 10/40 means 10 past the hour and 40 past the hour. 0/30 means on the hour and half past the hour.

Also, does anyone know where I could find $10 or $15 Disney gift cards? My physical therapist is heading to WDW because his daughter is competing in the cheer competition. I've become close with him and his family and he has two kids (the 9 yr old cheerleader and a 3-yr old son). I thought it could be fun to give each of the kids a small gift card to each have their own money to buy a souvenir. But I only saw $50 at Target and $25 on the Disney Store Online. That is a bit over my price point!

Have any of you tried BDL? I regularly get flights in the $90 range on SWA.

Well, we live about 10 minutes from PVD airport and about 2 hours from BDL so it would have to be a HUGE savings for us! I did just check out of curiosity though. The flights are definitely a little bit cheaper, but definitely not worth making the hike. Only a few dollars here and there. It might work for others though!

Somebody made a helpful memory tip, rather than having to remember the whole list (I think it is in that thread but couldn't find it).
When she says 10/40, it means 10 minutes past the hour or 40 min past the hour (so 12:10 or 12:40); 20/50 would be 12:20 or 12:50; and 0/30 would be 12:00 or 12:30.

Here is the memory thing:
MK --- EP
AK --- HS

If you are going horizontally, it is 10/40. So MK to EP or HS to AK.
If you are going diagonally, it is 20/50 (MK to HS or EP to AK)
If you are going vertically it is 0/30 (MK to AK or EP to AS).

For vertical you can remember a clock has 0/30 at the top and bottom. For horizontal a clock has 15/45 across the middle. Then diagonal is left with 20/50.

It works the same in reverse (e.g. a bus leaving MK for EP leaves at the same time as another bus going from EP to MK).

(Edited a bit for clarity)
:thanks:Okay, I get it now. Very helpful. Here is a time schedule I found for travel time from one park to another. I thought this was helpful too.
  • Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom – 25 minutes
  • Animal Kingdom to Epcot – 22 minutes
  • Epcot to Hollywood Studios – 13 minutes
  • Hollywood Studios to Magic Kingdom – 17 minutes

Also, does anyone know where I could find $10 or $15 Disney gift cards? My physical therapist is heading to WDW because his daughter is competing in the cheer competition. I've become close with him and his family and he has two kids (the 9 yr old cheerleader and a 3-yr old son). I thought it could be fun to give each of the kids a small gift card to each have their own money to buy a souvenir. But I only saw $50 at Target and $25 on the Disney Store Online. That is a bit over my price point!
I may be mistaken but I have heard the Bestbuy has Disney GC's that you can put any amount on.

My best friend and her partner just got back and they used it. They really enjoyed it. I don't know if it will stay around because she said every time they got on they were alone or maybe one other person, so it doesn't look like it has picked up yet, but I'm sure with summer coming more people will use it. I am looking forward to only having to go through security in the morning. We are doing a Nine day stay so we will cut out the first and last day and pretty much only use it five days, but it will be totally worth it. Oh and my friends actually hate other Disney transportatioin, but they loved this. Quick, easy and very efficient.

Baffling to me! This seems like such a smart move for those with PH option. $29/ week is justified to try in my book. I was figuring it would be very popular. Maybe too new
Thanks for the info

You could just do this to make it simple. Example MK a.m. Lunch. Epcot till Dinner. Dinner. After Dinner back to MK. That way they will have a schedule. We always PH so it doesn't seem very complicated. But now with the car and staying off site it adds another layer I'm trying to figure out. So yeah, any changes considering everything we already do can be overwhelming. But it's all fun right?

I just don't know why we would do that? Would love to hear people's reasonings. Why lose the travel time? I'm already at the park I think is best for that day so why hop?

I just don't know why we would do that? Would love to hear people's reasonings. Why lose the travel time? I'm already at the park I think is best for that day so why hop?
We are "Wing it" kind of people. We don't like to be stuck in case we change our minds. Even if we don't, we would feel stifled without the option of hopping. I can't imagine choosing MK on a party day, or AK without the ability to hop. I wouldn't want to be forced to end my day early!

Opinion wanting to do Disney Spring the first day. What would be a good TS for lunch doing the Deluxe Dining Plan this trip.

We have been park hopping since they tore down half of Hollywood Studios. I don't have any little kids so we can easily move from one to the other. This next trip we are doing a ROL breakfast and then heading over to Hollywood Studios for Toy Story, Rock n Roller coaster and Star Wars and then heading back to Animal Kingdom for an Evening Safari a run at Everest and then Rivers of Light. This is a quick three day trip for the Flower and Garden Festival. So we really do want to just hit our favorites at the Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios and spend a full day at The Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. So it makes sense for us. We have not decided if we are going to use the Express transportation or just drive our own car. I am thinking that not going through security again might make it a time saver overall. As far as the cost---I am leaning toward saving the money and spending the time.

We have done with and without ph. But with them if one park is to crowded we can switch. We also usually go back to the room mid day so the travel time isn't an issue. We just go to a different park in the afternoon. Or if I can only get a reservation on a particular day at 2 different parks. Or the best reason.....accomplishing 4 parks/1 day. We loved the challenge of it.

Newfoundland, Canada. It costs a small fortune to travel anywhere

I've been to Newfie!! Stayed in St John's for a week. Went on the Scademia. Went up Signal Hill. Ate scrunchions, saltfish and
brewis.
I'm Australian, and to this day I have still never met another person who has been to Newfie.
:confused3

The menu looks interesting. I would try it as a counter service, but not a TS.
Luckily I think the DFB has amended their article because it now says it's a CS so I will happily try it out on our next trip.
I thought it was a quick service? This said it was but it could be wrong.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...e-polite-pig-in-disney-worlds-disney-springs/

If the table has a roll of paper towels on it and you have to go get your own condiments it better not be TS! lol. Looks yummy though.
that's what I was thinking! Lol the article is the same one I read this morning but by the looks of the comments on it it seems like they have edited it. It now states it's a CS. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

The DFB review I read calls it a quick service credit.
Yeah It looks like there was some confusion on what kind of credit it was or if it was even accepting the DP. I will happily try it out for a CS credit. It looks like by the prices it will be a good value for a CS credit.

So I talked to a CM about the Express Bus. It does not run an hour after park closing like the reg. transportation, so if you have to get back to your car at MK, when say AK closes later than MK....you will have to take the reg. transportation back to MK.

Could also take the park bus back to the Poly. Buy a dole whip for the easy walk to the TTC. Very pretty at night with all of the torches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter