• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the only days are Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Do you think they won't have it on Monday, Wed, and Fri? We were hoping to go to AK on Mon because of am EMH!

Update: I adjusted some of our ADRs to account for this possibility. Mainly have Le Cellier for both Mon and Thurs and got an earlier Tusker for each day-although we would hope to get the ROL dining package.
I'm on another thread and they think that ROL dining reservations are showing for July-August but not yet available. They are speculating that they will be available tomorrow at 6 am

I am hoping for free Dining in the Fall. It will be our first time going in the Fall. We are very flexible so that will help.

I can never get CBR or CSR to show availability for my dates 11/27-12/6. So I wanted to figure out what date exactly was not available. So I went through and did a one night stay for each night of my stay and both are available the whole time. So I wonder why I can't get it for those dates.

Alot of those dates the price was only $191. With the upgrade from QS to DDP I'll be paying $172 at ASMu. Would probably go CSR if I could get the availability.

Any ideas?

I can never get CBR or CSR to show availability for my dates 11/27-12/6. So I wanted to figure out what date exactly was not available. So I went through and did a one night stay for each night of my stay and both are available the whole time. So I wonder why I can't get it for those dates.

Alot of those dates the price was only $191. With the upgrade from QS to DDP I'll be paying $172 at ASMu. Would probably go CSR if I could get the availability.

Any ideas?

The rooms you are seeing form one night at a time could be hold backs. These normally are saved in case an occupied room has to move. Think mechanical issues/customer service issues. While taking a hold back for one night is not a huge issue, taking one for a week or more would be huge. Just a guess but plausible in this instance.

I'm joining in on the watch. I'm hoping for early December FD. We've never been with the Christmas decorations up so it will be something new for us.
Have been several times during the Christmas season. BEAUTIFUL! I'd watch for the filming of the Christmas parade in Magic Kingdom to avoid the bottle neck it creates unless you want to be a spectator.

I'm joining in on the watch. I'm hoping for early December FD. We've never been with the Christmas decorations up so it will be something new for us.
Christmas at WDW is just magical. We like to take a day to go around to resorts and see their decorations. The weather is usually wonderful. If you plan it right, the crowds are low. I love Christmas time!!

So if we decide to book with 2 day park hoppers and then upgrade to weekday select once we're there, we won't be able to book FPs? Or I guess we'll just be able to book 2 days. Which 2 days of the trip? I was REALLY looking forward to those FPs... :crazy2:

I have 2 standard rooms booked at CSR for 11/11 - 11/18. I've told my TA any moderate standard or water/preferred view and we are flexible with dates. I will also be up at 4 working on it myself. We also have the possibility of significant TM hotel discounts at Universal through my daughter. But DH would prefer staying at WDW for the whole trip with Free Dining.

Have been several times during the Christmas season. BEAUTIFUL! I'd watch for the filming of the Christmas parade in Magic Kingdom to avoid the bottle neck it creates unless you want to be a spectator.

When does the parade usually happen? I forgot about this happened before we got there last time.

A bit OT but wanted to thank previous posters who mentioned checking airfare again even after you've booked. I booked SW flights last week and just on a whim checked the flight schedule yesterday. Our return flight dropped $25 per person (family of 5), so we got a $125 credit toward future flights. Now I'll be obsessed with checking the SW site every day along with checking here! ;)

Just know that those credits have to be used within one year of your original booking date! So if you booked, let's say back in March for a trip this coming August, you'll have to use those credits and travel by next March for them to still be good. It never works for us because we typically only fly once a year, and at the same time.

I had an idea.
Someone here said Mondays are when they release information?
We have been hearing about 2-3 times in April that they should be releasing things.
ROL, Christmas Dates, and FD offers. So would they likely release all at once or be evil and slowly release each one each Monday for the month? Maybe there is one more thing they are holding back to and release it on the 4th Monday. So they have

Poly standard rooms should be included -- we usually stay at Yacht Club and standard rooms are typically included there. In the past deluxe hotels offered the regular dining plan for free dining, or you could pay for an upgrade to deluxe dining plan.

I probably should've added we are a family of 5. Kids (8,7 and 3 are all big eaters). We do lots of character dining as well so we will do the dining plan regardless. The most recent promo on room rates didn't include us. Do you think another will come out?

There will be 8 of us, 5 adults, 3 kiddos 9,8 & 6 plus an infant. Free Dining trumps all other discounts for us.

I probably should've added we are a family of 5. Kids (8,7 and 3 are all big eaters). We do lots of character dining as well so we will do the dining plan regardless. The most recent promo on room rates didn't include us. Do you think another will come out?
There will be a fall room rate promo. That's what we will probably have to use for our November trip - last year's free dining promo blacked out most of October/early November, which is when we are traveling this year. Hoping to have a room discount if no free dining this year. Last year the fall room specials released in late April.

So if we decide to book with 2 day park hoppers and then upgrade to weekday select once we're there, we won't be able to book FPs? Or I guess we'll just be able to book 2 days. Which 2 days of the trip? I was REALLY looking forward to those FPs... :crazy2:

Are you only buying an AP for one person or for your whole group? If only one, then yes, you'll have to do the 2-day for everyone and only get 2 days of FP. They could be any two days of your trip. If everyone is getting an AP, then get the number of days you need for this trip on your tickets and then upgrade them all to AP once you're there. You'll then be able to make FP+ for all your days.

When does the parade usually happen? I forgot about this happened before we got there last time.

Last year it didn't happen at all. The parade itself was only shot at DisneyLAND and pieces and parts of special performances being done all over WDW, and that was done in November. Two years ago, the parade was shot at both WDW and DL, but was also done in November and on a Monday. So unfortunately, there's no way of knowing what or when they will do it this year. Just keep your eye on the DIS as it will be posted once it is announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter