• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get, is ppl saying dining isn't worth it?
QS meals are about 15 each
you get 2 of those- 30 right there
You get 2 snack credits (don't use them for popcorn or ice cream use them for bigger snacks (5-7bucks each)
10-14 right there
You get the mug (12-17 week?)
15 right there

30 (qs)
10 (snacks)
15 mug
--
55 right there.

I know its pricey 15 for a burger fries and drink is like omg a lot but most Qs are in that price range. I added it up it makes sense for my family. My son is now 14 and eating like he is starving all the time. (no more sharing)

You added in the full price of the mug to each day of the plan. That $15 is a one time, cover all your days charge. So you're much closer to the $40 than the $55 that you quoted.

Columbia Harbor House sounds yummy but I'm a bit skeptical about seafood at quick service
I've had the fried shrimp there a few times. It isn't bad but certainly is "fast food" shrimp. We prefer BOG for lunch to Columbia HH, but either is much better than Pecos (though I haven't tried the new menu) or Cosmic Rays.

Park hopper is really nice. We didn't have it the first time and second time they required it for free dining. Now that we have had it, we don't think we can go back to doing one park a day.

us too! especially as we travel in the Fall when MK closes at 7PM for the parties 4 nights/week, and it starts to get busy by 5pm'ish. And we try to avoid EPCOT on the weekends during F&W.

Just wondering but wasn't Starring Rolls cafe just closed down?

The only place that I am actually going to eat at, that I have eaten in the past is BOG, In the past I've traveled with my brother and he has his favorites
Sunshine Cafe has lots to chose from, we enjoy Starlight Cafe because the entertainment, and food isn't that bad, but was better when they had the molten cheese, and still like Pecos Bills. Just with all the sides you can make a second meal.

This time I will be trying Columbia Harbor House, Hombre Market place, Tangerine marketplace and a few others. Not doing a lot of repeats.

Yes, I forgot Starring Rolls closed. Loved it though.

I also feel like sitting down to a nice meal every day is part of a vacation. Also, if my kids see the characters at the meals, two birds with one stone, right? Less time in lines to meet them in the parks. For our family, even paying for the DDP would be a great savings. It's around $2800 for the standard DDP, but the same meals we're planning on would all cost $3600, as we're doing lots of character meals.
That's the same for us. We save money even paying for the dining plan because of all the character meals our kids want. I also would rather not spend the time waiting in long lines to meet characters if we can just see them while we are eating.:)

I don't know how I missed that Starring Rolls closed. Well now I'm sad - it was on my must do list this trip!:(

That's still an average of $75 per person per sit down meal. I guess an adult with alcohol could manage that some meals but when you average in breakfasts and those who don't drink, $15/meal for a tip is quite high.

Yes this would be high for me. We only eat one TS a day. Except for 2 signatures they average about $100-125 per so 7 nights at $125. 2 nights at $250. That is $1375. Even at 20% it's 275 for 9 nights and 4 people.

That's still an average of $75 per person per sit down meal. I guess an adult with alcohol could manage that some meals but when you average in breakfasts and those who don't drink, $15/meal for a tip is quite high.
We don't eat TS breakfasts - frankly, I am as puzzled that some folks can get by with $100 in tips for a week as you are at my tipping. Maybe I just tip more, or maybe we are eating in different restaurants?

I don't know how I missed that Starring Rolls closed. Well now I'm sad - it was on my must do list this trip!:(
Was really sad for us too. They still have some cupcakes at the Starbucks that moved over from SR. noteably the butterfinger br have heard they don't have the red velvet.

Blaze Pizza and D-luxe Burger at DS are my two new favourites. :)

Going to D-Luxe but paying OOP. With no side and can't get shake as drink didn't see value in a $12 burger being the whole credit. So we will pay OOP and use the QS credit for lunch on driving home day.

Blaze Pizza and D-luxe Burger at DS are my two new favourites. :)
We went last year from September 1 and checked out on September 11 and we tried blaze pizza for the first time and it was awesome. We tried the d-luxe burger and it was the worst meal that we had the whole time we were there the burgers were so raw we couldn't even eat them.

We don't eat TS breakfasts - frankly, I am as puzzled that some folks can get by with $100 in tips for a week as you are at my tipping. Maybe I just tip more, or maybe we are eating in different restaurants?

$100 seems kind of low. But if only 6 nights, 2 people. TS for 2 - $75 x 6 = $450 x 20% = $90. So just depends number of nights and number of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter