• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the uk we can now make advance FD bookings! Prob a new thing?pixiedust:
Value free breakfast, Moderate QS + 200 dollar giftcard. De Luxe DDP + 200..it seems like it stayed the same..oh the memorymaker is in it too
CBR en CS are included and also both POR

I will book this for 2018..but am more curious for the USA FD

If you're on the DP you don't have to pre-pay for dinner shows or CRT, right? Just use the CC for a guarantee? Just curious, because we plan on doing HDDR and CRT, but I can't book ADRs till May, just trying to figure things out...
Edited because I don't think I know what I'm talking about.

Edited because I don't think I know what I'm talking about.

If you have the dining plan linked to your reservation, whether paid for or free, you do not have to prepay for CRT or any of the dinner shows. Some people are able to make these ADRs online without a problem (myself included) as it will give the option of reserving with the DDP or prepaying with cc. Sometimes people are not given that option and have to call in, but like I said, I did not have any issues with it.

On our last visit, we were able to book ADR for your whole stay at the 180 day mark. Is this still how it works?

If you have the dining plan linked to your reservation, whether paid for or free, you do not have to prepay for CRT or any of the dinner shows. Some people are able to make these ADRs online without a problem (myself included) as it will give the option of reserving with the DDP or prepaying with cc. Sometimes people are not given that option and have to call in, but like I said, I did not have any issues with it.
Thanks!

@babydoll65 , where do you find the number $37/night to upgrade?

The numbers I can find are:

Quick Service Dining Plan
-- $46.34 per person per night ages 10 and up (taxes included)
-- $20.18 per person per night age 3 to 9 (taxes included)

Disney Dining Plan
-- $67.33 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17) (taxes included)
-- $24.22 per night per child ages 3-9 (taxes included)

The differences are:
$20.97 per person per night ages 10 and up (taxes included)
$ 4.04 per person per night age 3 to 9 (taxes included)

This would also make a big difference to you @vanjust14 as your amount would be much less than you were previously told.

(My prices are from AllEars as I cannot find the specific breakdown on the Disney site but find this site to be very reliable with their information)

What have others calculated? Please correct me if my information is incorrect.

These are the new prices

2/23/2017
Quick Service Dining Plan: 2 quick service meals and 2 snacks per day
* Adult: $48.19
* Child: $20.88
Disney Dining Plan: 1 quick service meal, 1 table service meal and 2 snacks per day
* Adult: $69.35
* Child: $24.95
Deluxe Dining Plan: 3 quick or table service meals and 2 snacks per day
* Adult: $106.88
* Child: $38.75

On our last visit, we were able to book ADR for your whole stay at the 180 day mark. Is this still how it works?

If you are staying on site then you can book 180 days + up to 10 more days if you are staying that long. If you are only staying 5 days, you could book all 5, 10 days book 10, but if you are staying longer than that, you will have to make ADRs for after those + 10 days on each subsequent day. So if 180 days before check in was today for you, you could make ADRs for your check in day and the next 10 days, then tomorrow you could make it for the 11th day after check in, Saturday you could make it for the 12th day, etc.

Does anyone have any semi educated guesses on the dates and if August will be included? This is driving me crazy :crazy2:
The only way to tell is to predict it will be similar to last years dates. It started August 23rd for General Public last year and the 14th for Canadians and Disney Visa card members. If this year followed suit I would predict (just a guess!) that it would be Canadians and Visa being able to book two weeks before the end of the month, and maybe a week for everyone else?

These are the new prices

2/23/2017
Quick Service Dining Plan: 2 quick service meals and 2 snacks per day
* Adult: $48.19
* Child: $20.88
Disney Dining Plan: 1 quick service meal, 1 table service meal and 2 snacks per day
* Adult: $69.35
* Child: $24.95
Deluxe Dining Plan: 3 quick or table service meals and 2 snacks per day
* Adult: $106.88
* Child: $38.75
Boy those are expensive. Almost $50 for the QS plan doesn't seem like a great deal if you actually pay for it.

So the price for free dining would be the current rack rate for our trip? So we are staying at POP from August 24 until September 2, the price of Free Dining would be would the normal non-discounted price of that resort?

If you're on the DP you don't have to pre-pay for dinner shows or CRT, right? Just use the CC for a guarantee? Just curious, because we plan on doing HDDR and CRT, but I can't book ADRs till May, just trying to figure things out...
I did have to enter my credit card info but did not have to prepay because I had the DP. I think they just take the credit card info incase you dont show up bc there's a cancellation fee.

So the price for free dining would be the current rack rate for our trip? So we are staying at POP from August 24 until September 2, the price of Free Dining would be would the normal non-discounted price of that resort?
Yup. You either get free dining with rack rate on the rooms or a discounted room rate and pay for dining. Unless you fall into one of the bubbles where neither is offered.

IF your resort is included and they have rooms in that booking category for free dining (sometimes they only offer it for preferred or pool view for example and sometimes it's offered for all booking categories but in limited numbers so you have to upgrade to a different category), then your cost would be rack rate for whatever booking category they have availability under the offer for, plus the full price cost of whatever the minimum ticket requirements are that they decide to attach to the promo. Typically you have to purchase at least 2 day park hoppers for everyone in your party at full price as part of the package.

I may just stick to the free meal offer because the cost increase would not be worth it. We are past the table services situation with the kids, they almost don't care for characters anymore and we like to eat when and where we want.

It's so funny how people seem to be one extreme or another in their dining preferences! For us, I can't even imagine going and doing just QS for a whole week! I know there are some different QS locations where you can get things other than burgers and chicken nuggets, but I think I'd be running out of options after a few days.

We don't do many character meals at all--only have boys and they're teenagers so not interested in that. But for us, all the TS dining is a major part of our vacation! We love planning out which new places to try, make sure we get into some old favorites. We also REALLY like the break that an ADR forces us to take. Especially in the heat of summer, it's nice to go in and relax and have a nice meal. Also like someone else serving us instead of having to schlep everything around ourselves in QS.

But I totally get the not wanting to be tied down to ADRs. For us, we like that little bit of structure!

And if I ever told the DH and kids we were going to Disney and skipping Via Napoli and 'Ohana, I might have a revolt on my hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter