******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has been asked before.
I have booked CBR in a preferred room for Sept/Oct. If I buy my tickets through an authorised reseller, can I link them to My Dis Exp? And if I do, does that qualify me for free dining to be added (assuming my room and tickets meet the minimum requirements with park hopper etc) if it is offered for my dates?
Or do I have to buy my tickets directly through Disney to get free dining?
TIA

Apologies if this has been asked before.
I have booked CBR in a preferred room for Sept/Oct. If I buy my tickets through an authorised reseller, can I link them to My Dis Exp? And if I do, does that qualify me for free dining to be added (assuming my room and tickets meet the minimum requirements with park hopper etc)?
Or do I have to buy my tickets directly through Disney to get free dining?
TIA

You need to buy your tickets as part of the FD package. Sorry. You can't buy your tickets separately.

I plan on having my alarm ready to go! hahah

I don't think an alarm will be necessary for me, as I don't think I will be able to sleep at all!!!:hyper2::tongue:

That's why we trust our experts so much. They don't give us info until they have something more reliable to share.:)

Exactly!!! I have complete faith that once they know something, they will be here. Until then, I know they are keeping an ear out for us!!:listen:

I wasn't planning on joining in this year, but I just can not stay away. It is DH and Mine 15 year anniversary this October. If I could snag FD at a value resort we might be able go and celebrate. We went for our honeymoon and I ended up incredibly sick, so sick we had to leave early and could not even take a plane back home. So I would love a redo.

We are going labor day week as well. How were the crowds last year?Heat doesn't bother us much as long as we're hydrated.
The crowds weren't bad. I've read other reports on how they were non-existent during that week. We didn't experience that. Animal kingdom on Sunday of Labor Day weekend was very crowded. When we were at mk mine train was between 30-90 min. Other things were 30ish. I have young kids so I could t do more than 30 min waits.

I'd like to see Disney offer FD in the right sequencing of things: first Disney Visa holder, then public and why not drop the add park hopper and water park add-on requirements. There's enough to do for a day in the parks and even as a proud Canuck (lol) Ibwouldn't jump the waterparks in November or December :)

My husband now rolls his eyes every time I open my mouth because he knows it is going to be about our Disney trip. I just can't stop talking about it and planning. SO much goes into it, but it's so exciting!

My husband actually admitted to my daughters and I the other day that he literally has some type of brain dysfunction where it turns off at the mention of Disney
Or Florida!!! And he doesn't hear a word we say about it. Me and my girls are non stop talking and planning! Lol! Yes thank you to all of you here where we can be our crazy Disney planning selves!!

My husband actually admitted to my daughters and I the other day that he literally has some type of brain dysfunction where it turns off at the mention of Disney
Or Florida!!! And he doesn't hear a word we say about it. Me and my girls are non stop talking and planning! Lol! Yes thank you to all of you here where we can be our crazy Disney planning selves!!

This trip is a surprise for my boys (10 & 12) so I can't discuss the planning around them. My poor husband (who is not even going this time) is stuck listening to all my planning talk after the boys go to bed. LOL Whenever I start to tell him where I am in planning he rolls his eyes and laughs. We are booked right now at Pop Century with the one QS meal per day deal but would love to get free QS dining. We are booked 8/19-8/28. I know last year our start date was included in the Disney Visa release so hoping we will still be ok for dates.

I called Disney today about an unrelated topic, and asked about Free Dining. Of course the cast member gave me the usual run down about knowing nothing until a discount comes out, but then she said it would be quicker and easier to change to the Free Dining discount if I already have dining added to my package now. I went ahead and added it. Here's where it gets scary: I had already paid for my CRT and adding the dining plan meant they will now send me a refund and I'll use the dining plan to cover that meal. If I don't get FD I can't afford all these meals and I'll end up dropping it from my plan. If I do have to drop the dining will I lose my CRT reservation? I really put in effort to snag that. I'm nervous.

I know that's a lot of "ifs" but does anyone know what would happen to my reservation if I have to cancel the dining plan?

I called Disney today about an unrelated topic, and asked about Free Dining. Of course the cast member gave me the usual run down about knowing nothing until a discount comes out, but then she said it would be quicker and easier to change to the Free Dining discount if I already have dining added to my package now. I went ahead and added it. Here's where it gets scary: I had already paid for my CRT and adding the dining plan meant they will now send me a refund and I'll use the dining plan to cover that meal. If I don't get FD I can't afford all these meals and I'll end up dropping it from my plan. If I do have to drop the dining will I lose my CRT reservation? I really put in effort to snag that. I'm nervous.

I know that's a lot of "ifs" but does anyone know what would happen to my reservation if I have to cancel the dining plan?

You won't lose your CRT reservation; dining reservations are not tied to any other reservation.

I think I know the answer, but wanted to double check...I had booked a package just before the 180 day mark to be able to make ADRs at the 180+10 day mark. As I understand it, those ADRs aren't actually "tied" to my package (room plus tickets) reservation. So...my question is, can I safely cancel my package reservation at this point, to be able to "decrease demand" from Disney's perspective (and maybe encourage the "need" for Free Dining) and my ADRs will be safe? Hope my question makes sense. Thanks!

I think I know the answer, but wanted to double check...I had booked a package just before the 180 day mark to be able to make ADRs at the 180+10 day mark. As I understand it, those ADRs aren't actually "tied" to my package (room plus tickets) reservation. So...my question is, can I safely cancel my package reservation at this point, to be able to "decrease demand" from Disney's perspective (and maybe encourage the "need" for Free Dining) and my ADRs will be safe? Hope my question makes sense. Thanks!

Your ADRs will be safe. They are not tied to any other reservations.

You will not lose your dining reservation. In fact, Disney won't know that you are using the dining plan until you arrive at your reservation. At that time, let the server know you will be using the dining plan and ask to have your card refunded then.

Your ADR's will be ok, but I always make a note of my confirmation numbers just to be safe.

I wasn't planning on joining in this year, but I just can not stay away. It is DH and Mine 15 year anniversary this October. If I could snag FD at a value resort we might be able go and celebrate. We went for our honeymoon and I ended up incredibly sick, so sick we had to leave early and could not even take a plane back home. So I would love a redo.
I hope everything works out and you have a wonderful anniversary trip!!

I know that's what the CM told you today, but having the dining package in advance or not really has nothing to do with getting the Free Dining, or modifying to a Free Dining package.

Just in case anyone else reads this and thinks they have to add it now!

The crowds weren't bad. I've read other reports on how they were non-existent during that week. We didn't experience that. Animal kingdom on Sunday of Labor Day weekend was very crowded. When we were at mk mine train was between 30-90 min. Other things were 30ish. I have young kids so I could t do more than 30 min waits.
Completely agree. We've been that week 5 times and this year will be our 6th after skipping several years. It's not dead..at all. It's just not crazy. And the holiday weekend is pretty busy and you need a decent plan. I mean if you are comparing that week to Christmas or New Years it's a walk in the park. But to say crowds were non existent would not be true at all. Plus most rides aren't running at full capacity and that slow things down as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter