******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always add memory maker exactly 4 days before the trip. Since it's non refundable I refuse to give the mouse my money until I absolutely have to! I do this when I pay for the trip too!

I didn't know it was nonrefundable. Well, I will just book a new FD ressie and then call to have it transferred I guess.

Anyone know an issue with this?

Which hotel could possibly be easier to snag for FD im hoping for all star sports but could do POP or even all star music. Anyone have experience in sports vs POP.
Last year I booked AS Sports because POP standard rooms were gone by the time I woke up & discovered FD had dropped. Think I was about an hr late to the party. I enjoyed my stay at Sports & had no problems at all. The busing was efficient and I had a decent room on the upper flr in the Basketball area. Very few buses were shared with the other AS resorts. While I love POP because of the theming, the proximity to AoA & its caf, and prob the best busing of all the Values, AS Sports was an excellent choice & I had no regrets at all. Interior of the room is exactly the same in all standard Values (except for some of the brand new, refurbed POP rooms). There is a great AS Sports resort subthread on the Boards. The mods and regulars there are incredible, supportive & very helpful.

I will add one part here because If I make it long I will never stop.
My father had Lung Cancer from 7-14 (my age) I was taking care of him. Disney Land was a special place for me and him I have very few pictures (fires floods and brothers who stripped my house when he died) But one memory and picture I have is of us in Disneyland. (i found out when I was older, the reason my mom was asked to go with us (after their divorce years after) was because the doctors, my dad, and my mom worried he might wouldn't make it home.

Anyways I know some ppl think I should spend my money elsewhere but Disney is special to me. My son loves it and say's he will never be too old for Disney Trips with his Family. I just know things happen and every trip is special with him. I want to make it the best I can.

I had a trip with my mom to WDW they drove, it was a long time, and everything went from bad to worse when my dads (step dad) paycheck didn't go in right. I had to take stuff and pay for things I wasn't planning on. Everything was hot (April 3erd mom's birthday) and I was not on the disboards, like I am now. I did not plan. I was not prepared, and we had 3 huge rides break down on us in one day. It all piled on and that trip I barely remember any good moments. That's why this one I am planning and also planning for if things mess up what I can do.

The Free Dining or room only deals could help and that's why I found all you nice people. LOL Now long sad tangent over.

Who's got Disney Manger president boss number, tell them were waiting?" (taps foot)

I'm not sure why I feel compelled to share this, it's not something I usually talk about, but the reason this trip is so important to me and my family is my daughter was recently diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. While there is no cure, she is undergoing treatment and we are hopeful that she will get better. But I booked this trip to give her, my sil, my dgs, and myself a chance to go to our happy place and make some good memories. Disney World has always been our fav vacation spot. Even with insurance her copays and other out of pocket expenses are costing a lot, so if we can get free dining it would free up some money for other things, especially MNSSHP.

Terri

I'm not sure why I feel compelled to share this, it's not something I usually talk about, but the reason this trip is so important to me and my family is my daughter was recently diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. While there is no cure, she is undergoing treatment and we are hopeful that she will get better. But I booked this trip to give her, my sil, my dgs, and myself a chance to go to our happy place and make some good memories. Disney World has always been our fav vacation spot. Even with insurance her copays and other out of pocket expenses are costing a lot, so if we can get free dining it would free up some money for other things, especially MNSSHP.

Terri
I'm so sorry to hear that. I will be wishing for some extra pixie dust for your trip pixiedust: and hoping for good results for your daughter.

Terri

So many hugs to you. :lovestruc

Terri
My best to you and your family; have a wonderful trip full of love and family memories to cherish always :tinker:

Terri
Sending pixie dust and prayers to you and your family.

Terri
Prayers for your family.

Terri
I really hope you and your family have a magical vacation. Prayers and well wishes for your DD. Memories are the most precious thing a person can own. I think most of us who are Disney fans all feel this way. That is what keeps bringing us back and that is what connects us on the DIS.

I LOVE the Contemporary and since I have young kids, I would never go to Disney and stay somewhere else. If it's just you and your husband, I think any of those would be nice. I've never stayed at AKL because it just seems so far away from everything to me.
Thank you! I was thinking the contemporary might be nice with the kids! Debating changing out December plans now! I would love to be on the monorail or walking distance! So much easier! Agree on AKL! Seems neat though to have the savannah view! So many awesome options!

Are you talking about a pin or the summer offer on the WDW site right now? I know someone posted awhile ago that they were able to use the summer offer and the Canadian ticket discount. I just priced out a fake reservation under the summer offer and on the page where you can add tickets it gave me the option of regular or Canadian discount tickets. I chose the Canadian tickets and it led me to the checkout screen. If this is the Summer deal you are talking about, try pricing a vacation yourself on the WDW site and then call your TA!:)
No, I booked the Savory Summer Deal. I thought now that the room discounts are out for my dates and the Canadian Ticket offer would be better than what I had booked. I thought I had selected the Canadian tickets, but I didn't check out, so they weren't added when I posted about it a few days ago. It looked like it was a better deal but really wasn't since the tickets weren't added onto the discounted room rate (which is still higher than when I booked a few months ago with the Savory Summer Offer). So far, nothing beats the Savory Summer Offer for me. Not sure FD, will beat it either since rack rates are higher, and tickets have also increased. Will check though when FD is announced.

Terri

Prayers to you and your family and hoping for some pixie dust for your DD!pixiedust: Make those memories at the most magical place on earth as they will always be with you! :grouphug::grouphug:

I was wondering about this. My youngest son is 13 so I'm already paying for the adult ticket, but my dining plan says "child". He's not going to eat off the kids menu!!!

My kids were 15&17 last November and it also said child. There was absolutely no problem with them ordering off the adult menu.

So many good choices!!
I've never tried Boatright's despite staying at POR twice. If we stay at POR I think we should this trip. I forgot about Boma and Sanaa too. I love love love both of those. I think AKL really has the best tasble service restaurants of all the resorts, but I am sure that comes down to food preferences.

And I didn't mean to exclude anyone on the QSDP!! Please include favourite quick serve as well. I'm looking forward to trying Blaze this trip and we always love Wolfgang Puck Express and Cookes of Dublin. We love the Disney Springs choices for quick serve.
We did both Boatwright's and Sanaa on our February trip. The meals were great. The best dinner was BOG - it was so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter