******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE the Contemporary and since I have young kids, I would never go to Disney and stay somewhere else. If it's just you and your husband, I think any of those would be nice. I've never stayed at AKL because it just seems so far away from everything to me.

I feel the same way about AKL being so far away. We are doing Poly this year. I love staying on the monorail since I have a four year old and an under-one year old. :) we were going to stay at Contemporary, but decided Poly would be better $$ wise.

I was thinking of another thing that might help some of you out. If you have kiddos that are big eaters and would rather eat off of the adult menu, you can change their ticket to a Disney adult ticket and just pay the difference which usually isn't very much, like 20 dollars or so, and then, they get the "adult " dining plan and don't have to order off the kids menu at table service restaurants.
I was wondering about this. My youngest son is 13 so I'm already paying for the adult ticket, but my dining plan says "child". He's not going to eat off the kids menu!!!

I have so many stories linked to Disney world. No doubt the toughest was when my MIL was going through chemo for breast cancer. I made her a book and posters for her hospital room. Disney or bust. It was all she wanted Disney world with her 2 grand daughters. Her goal was go through treatment have mastectomy and make it to Disney. We didn't know it had spread everywhere. The doctor that was letting her know it was stage 4 actually left and I had to tell her. Her only question? Am I making it to Disney? I couldn't say anything, could only shake my head. She was gone 3 months later. We took the kids to Disney when we had planned. Got a little flack for it because it wasn't long after her passing. My 11 year old needed to be reminded that happiness still existed. My MIL made me promise I would still take them. I feel she is proud of me.

I know that is personal, but that is just one instance where disney has held out a lot more meaning for us then just a theme park.
I hear you. My sister had cancer and I did a marathon in her honor, the next year she did the Disney marathon with me. I can't tell you what that meant to us. :dogdance:

I have so many stories linked to Disney world. No doubt the toughest was when my MIL was going through chemo for breast cancer. I made her a book and posters for her hospital room. Disney or bust. It was all she wanted Disney world with her 2 grand daughters. Her goal was go through treatment have mastectomy and make it to Disney. We didn't know it had spread everywhere. The doctor that was letting her know it was stage 4 actually left and I had to tell her. Her only question? Am I making it to Disney? I couldn't say anything, could only shake my head. She was gone 3 months later. We took the kids to Disney when we had planned. Got a little flack for it because it wasn't long after her passing. My 11 year old needed to be reminded that happiness still existed. My MIL made me promise I would still take them. I feel she is proud of me.

I know that is personal, but that is just one instance where disney has held out a lot more meaning for us then just a theme park.

I will add one part here because If I make it long I will never stop.
My father had Lung Cancer from 7-14 (my age) I was taking care of him. Disney Land was a special place for me and him I have very few pictures (fires floods and brothers who stripped my house when he died) But one memory and picture I have is of us in Disneyland. (i found out when I was older, the reason my mom was asked to go with us (after their divorce years after) was because the doctors, my dad, and my mom worried he might wouldn't make it home.

Anyways I know some ppl think I should spend my money elsewhere but Disney is special to me. My son loves it and say's he will never be too old for Disney Trips with his Family. I just know things happen and every trip is special with him. I want to make it the best I can.

I had a trip with my mom to WDW they drove, it was a long time, and everything went from bad to worse when my dads (step dad) paycheck didn't go in right. I had to take stuff and pay for things I wasn't planning on. Everything was hot (April 3erd mom's birthday) and I was not on the disboards, like I am now. I did not plan. I was not prepared, and we had 3 huge rides break down on us in one day. It all piled on and that trip I barely remember any good moments. That's why this one I am planning and also planning for if things mess up what I can do.

The Free Dining or room only deals could help and that's why I found all you nice people. LOL Now long sad tangent over.

Who's got Disney Manger president boss number, tell them were waiting?" (taps foot)

I was wondering about this. My youngest son is 13 so I'm already paying for the adult ticket, but my dining plan says "child". He's not going to eat off the kids menu!!!
I would call and make sure I was being charged for the adult Dp And not the child for him

So a new off topic question to pass the time..

What would everyone say are there top three dining reservations for your upcoming trip ?

We always do Ohana .. We all like the food but I think I just enjoy the atmosphere the most. It's just one of those meals that scream "You're at Disney!" to me.
I'm looking forward to trying Homecomin' , as it's new and I love to try a few new places per trip.
And DH and I always do a date night, and we have Artist Point booked right now, though I am thinking of swapping for another signature. We've done Jiko twice and it's our favourite, but there are so many other good choices! I'm torn on this one!

I love Beaches & Cream. Not a great value on the DDP, but it's such a fun place! I also dream about the filet at Le Cellier.

I don't know why it would say child, he will have the adult plan. He is a child for the resort, but for dining and tickets he is an adult.

Which hotel could possibly be easier to snag for FD im hoping for all star sports but could do POP or even all star music. Anyone have experience in sports vs POP.

It will say child till they turn 18, but that is just because when you make your reservation for your package they are entered as children. For the tickets and dining plan they're adults.

I don't know why it would say child, he will have the adult plan. He is a child for the resort, but for dining and tickets he is an adult.
I am pretty sure my reservation said that too, and we only had 2 adults booked (and my son who was 2 and not on the plan). I remember asking on disboards, and I think all DDP reservations say that (no matter if there are kids or not)... another Disney glitch. Can anyone else confirm?

It will say child till they turn 18, but that is just because when you make your reservation for your package they are entered as children. For the tickets and dining plan they're adults.

Oh thank you. I saw that said child on one my son's things too but says 10+ too.

I had some confusion about this. It's like they are a child's for the room and an adult ticket and dining.

Edited to add what I forgot - just make sure his date is right in MDE and it should be fine.

You do have to be careful about the age listed for your children on MDE. Every time I book trips it never updates my kids ages. So when we booked TS dining, my 11 year old at the time, was only going to get children's meals. I caught the mistake before we arrived, but I would double check.

I had to manually update it from 2014. It doesn't do it automatically.

:grouphug: I totally understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter