Official 2017 D23 Expo Thread

Agree with a twist. A straight forward approach to this would be to 1) offer a rich, diverse Americana emporium with a menu that changes seasonally to reflect the best of America's incredible regional food heritage (as you noted above) paired with regional craft beer and locally-sourced wines and 2) also appease the tired parents with kranky kids who still demand hot dogs, nuggets & shakes with a quality-sourced Blue Ribbon Midway or State Fair themed CS with a set menu of 100% beef hot dogs & a fresh toppings bar, WDW standard nuggets, etc. The old theme park standard of dogs & burgers have kicked around forever because there is still a demand for it. But if Epcot is going to trade in it, at least kick up the quality, flavour & manage the price point.
I love this idea!

My son always loved Epcot too. He isn't thrilled with the current version but I can't say that I blame him.

As for burgers and hot dogs, if the spine is removed then the Electric Umbrella might go too. That only leaves the Liberty Inn for such food. Burgers are definitely harder to find nowadays.
Electric Umberella just got a new menu that would be strange to get rid of it right?

Agreed. Never underestimate the power a cardstock bear stapled to a stick and colored with 25 cent crayons has to entertain kids for an entire day. My 6 year old loves WS because she can color. She also loves to talk to the CMs from each country. I've never understood the mentality of Epcot "bores" kids.
I was one of the kids bored by Epcot in the late 80's. But last summer, my daughter LOVED taking Duffy to each country and seeing what her name looked like in different languages.

Epcot can be enjoyable for all ages. I don't think that enjoyment will disappear when Disney rides start showing up.

If everything is complete by the fiftieth, guests are getting ten new rides in five years inclusive of this year with Pandora. Universal has been giving us one per year (half the parks), but the ten laid out by Disney are ALL significantly better than Jimmy Fallon or Fast and the Furious. They better get working on Nintendo, a third park or more Potter!!!
HOGWARTS HOTEL HOGWARTS HOTEL

I was one of the kids bored by Epcot in the late 80's. But last summer, my daughter LOVED taking Duffy to each country and seeing what her name looked like in different languages.

Epcot can be enjoyable for all ages. I don't think that enjoyment will disappear when Disney rides start showing up.
My son was incredibly bored at Epcot when he was 4. On our most recent trip at 6, he finally got into the Duffy Bear signing, but he did keep asking if there were more rides. (As a result, we went on that little Mexico boat ride at least 3 times.) Maybe it's a boy vs. girl thing, but he definitely wants more "action". Our next trip won't be for at least 3-4 years, so hopefully some of those additions by then (maybe?) will help as I think he'll have lost interest in Duffy by 10 or so.

Did I miss an announcement at D23 about Club 33 at WDW? Or is there still no news? Weird, since they suggested a fall 2017 opening...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter