Official 2017 D23 Expo Thread

NOT impressed with the whole "disney skyway" its more of crowding the sky. Why arent boats and buses good enough? Also a "minnievan" service? cmon....with that said....i hope the imagineers are cracking their knuckles with tron, GOTG, and Hollywood studios.
Also a star wars themed resort? meh....i like star wars but not enough to be sleeping in a resort themed for it. Same reason i dont stay at the contemporary, its too much like a hyatt or hilton

If the SW hotels reminds anyone of a Hyatt or a Hilton, then Disney has done something drastically wrong.

I have zero issues with those if they truly stay as "extra" and in nights that wouldn't have had regular EMH anyway. I know people that have done them have really liked them. Could it lead to a reduction of the "baseline" experience? Maybe, but for know I think they are good and bring I. Extra money from those that can afford it

But we have already seen them cut into EMHs, and to normal operating hours. There was a big debate here I think about it not being a "cut back" but rather a "non addition" ??? EMHs weren't offered as much as in the past and the operating hours of the park were scaled back (meaning they weren't extended for the longer and busier days of the year like they previously had been.)

NOT impressed with the whole "disney skyway" its more of crowding the sky. Why arent boats and buses good enough?

Crowding of the roads is a much bigger issue, particularly in that section of WDW. Pop, Art of Animation and CBR (before the Riviera demolitions) represented about 6000 hotel rooms. That's a huge segment of bus traffic to both Hollywood Studios and Epcot that will be completely eliminated. I suspect the Skyliner will be much more efficient and more "magical" for the majority of guests.

I saw a post on Facebook (can't remember what website it was from now) saying that an Inside Out attraction is coming to the Imagination Pavillion - has anything been announced at D23 regarding this?

I saw a post on Facebook (can't remember what website it was from now) saying that an Inside Out attraction is coming to the Imagination Pavillion - has anything been announced at D23 regarding this?
Nothing was announced but was a rumor prior to D23.

But we have already seen them cut into EMHs, and to normal operating hours. There was a big debate here I think about it not being a "cut back" but rather a "non addition" ??? EMHs weren't offered as much as in the past and the operating hours of the park were scaled back (meaning they weren't extended for the longer and busier days of the year like they previously had been.)

We were at WDW for 10 days which included July 4th. Just to play devil's advocate I'll say this about park hours: we never had problems accomplishing what we expected during the operating day. Most of our park visits started around 4-5pm and stretched into the evening. We would burn through our scheduled FastPass allotment as quickly as possible and then start adding extras one after the other. As soon as we touched our MagicBands to redeem one FP, I was on my phone booking the next one. And the return times were typically 10-15 minutes away so it lead to seamless park touring; get off one ride and immediately hop into the FastPass line for the next.

Is this because attendance is down? Is it because DAK is successfully drawing guests those late hours? Is it because other guests just aren't as FP+ savvy as we are? Honestly I dunno--I'm sure all factors played a role. At times we certainly benefitted from thousands of people who were waiting for fireworks rather than attraction hopping. Overall the parks WERE quite crowded most days, IMO.

I was disappointed to see 10pm closing times many nights for MK in the middle of the summer, especially staying at a monorail resort. But it really didn't impact our trip. We were done before then anyway.

So when they say 'in time for the 50th', what does that mean? Does the 50th celebration start at the beginning of 2021, or does it start October 2021?

Means it'll be open by October 2021. More likely Summer 2021. It's odd to me that they announced that so early, because if we assume 2021, they probably won't start construction for at least 12-18 months.

Funny -- DS12 and I were just talking about this... his reaction to the list of new stuff: "Man... wonder if people at Universal are worried... hunkering down in a war room today!!" So we had a nice discussion on how market competition is great for consumers! :thumbsup2

That Star Wars hotel has got to have Universal going "Oh damn...we should've done that first!" As has been pretty obvious for a while, Star Wars is Disney's key to "beat" Harry Potter. And the level of immersion they are targeting on Star Wars, IF it works, may well up the game again across the parks. (And don't get me wrong - Harry Potter's success is in LARGE part the reason we got all those announcements yesterday. Competition is good for the consumer.)

You should absolutely have a problem with that one...because the magic kingdom daily attendance has risen to a level where a 11-12 close is 100% warranted in the base ticket.

You're being bamboozled there.
Who are you to say what attendance level should warrant what closing time, or what should or shouldn't be included in a base ticket.
Look at the market. As a rule WDW parks have hours that are either comparable to or longer than any other theme parks in the industry.
Extended park hours are not the answer to overcrowding in the parks. A majority of Disney's guests are families, and most people of any age can not spend 14+ hour in a theme park for a single day let alone multiple days straight. If you can't accomplish everything you wish to in the 10-12 hours of a normal park days, then you should extend your stay not blame Disney for closing at a time you don't like.
There seems to be an idea on these boards that WDW is cutting park hours to historically low levels. This is absolutely not true. A look at that the park hours over the last decade shows closer to the opposite. Here is a link to historic hours: http://allthingsmouse.com/park-hour...-and-disneyland/disney-historical-park-hours/

There are two answers to issue of over crowding. 1. increasing ride capacity to accommodate the influx (which, if you have been paying attention the last three days, or three years for that matter, Disney has been actively doing) 2. Increase prices to alter demand. Again, Disney is executing here as well (and charging more for some hours in the form of events is part of this.) You may not like it, but it is absolutely the correct move in their position.

Nobody is being bamboozled.

The bounty we are seeing announced and executed is unprecedented. Three new lands in three years, additional new rides, new resorts, restaurants, transportation systems, entertainment, shopping, refurbishments and enhancements almost too plentiful count (although 50 is the going number) and yet with all of this that Disney is adding, you are focused on this idea that they are "taking away" park hours by offering more parties and events. I'm quite sure what it would take to make you happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter