• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Excited to post that I did my first 5K today through the Jeff galloway app. We were set to do 2.8 but pushed a little further to say we did a 5K. It wasn't my best pace (it is SO HOT AND HUMID OUT) but not my worst either. A little part of me is getting excited for the races!

Hey guys does anyone know off hand the formula Disney uses to translate 10k PoT to estimated 1/2 marathon completion times for corral placements?

I imagine that having some bibs at resorts and some at the Expo would be a nightmare! It would take a huge team to sort which bibs would go to which resorts and which would stay at the Expo and the chance of error would be huge. I would be a basket case if my bib were not at the proper location and I had to wait for someone to search for it throughout Disney property!

Oh totally!

But it would be lovely, IF they could work it out. Ever since they got rid of my favorite souvenir I haven't bought a thing at a disney Expo (the $2 mini medals for the Vinylmation guys), though I do *look* at things. Expos are very stressful for me and increase my anxiety greatly. So if they could figure it out, it would be beautiful. But as I said, I get all the reasons they can't.

Excited to post that I did my first 5K today through the Jeff galloway app. We were set to do 2.8 but pushed a little further to say we did a 5K. It wasn't my best pace (it is SO HOT AND HUMID OUT) but not my worst either. A little part of me is getting excited for the races!

Yay!

Now. It was hot and humid, and you're pushing yourself beyond what you were set to do... This is a recipe for a potential disaster. I know it's exciting! I know I know I know. But you're in this for the long haul, and you do not want to injure or damage yourself. When I first started Galloway I got a little nutty one day and went way beyond the plan. Thankfully I was on the treadmill. Thankfully I made it home with DS and I in one piece. But then I took a shower and whammo, fainted. I will never know for certain, but I think I hit my head on the faucet and my upper shoulder on the tub. I was concussed, absolutely, from the symptoms and problems I had for months. I couldn't think for ages; I could barely type, and I'm pretty sure if you went back to that time in the Dis archives you'd find I was writing backwards and made even less sense than normal. :) Turned out I was under-hydrated, under-fed, OVER-caffeinated, and I went over my planned training.

Be CAREFUL. I promise that you do not want to faint. Especially in the shower. 'cuz that's embarrassing in many ways.

Yay!

Now. It was hot and humid, and you're pushing yourself beyond what you were set to do... This is a recipe for a potential disaster. I know it's exciting! I know I know I know. But you're in this for the long haul, and you do not want to injure or damage yourself. When I first started Galloway I got a little nutty one day and went way beyond the plan. Thankfully I was on the treadmill. Thankfully I made it home with DS and I in one piece. But then I took a shower and whammo, fainted. I will never know for certain, but I think I hit my head on the faucet and my upper shoulder on the tub. I was concussed, absolutely, from the symptoms and problems I had for months. I couldn't think for ages; I could barely type, and I'm pretty sure if you went back to that time in the Dis archives you'd find I was writing backwards and made even less sense than normal. :) Turned out I was under-hydrated, under-fed, OVER-caffeinated, and I went over my planned training.

Be CAREFUL. I promise that you do not want to faint. Especially in the shower. 'cuz that's embarrassing in many ways.

Really good advice, especially for us Type A's....

Though I will say, it was quite humerous. I mean, I'm sorry it happened to you, cause I'm pretty sure it sucked majorly to have a concussion and still be trying to train- but just the way you wrote that last line had me cracking up!

(Cross posted to my other race boards- sorry to those who have to see it multiple times)

Came home, it was raining. Plus, I just had a haircut and blow out yesterday. Laced up, put on my running bra, then talked myself out of it. I mean, I spent 2 hours and 90 bucks on my hair. So took everything off.

Then decided that I wanted to make fish sticks and chilli bites (not healthy in the least but bear with me...) from Schwann's. Hmm. Package says oven needs to heat to 475. That'll take at least 10 minutes. Then 7 minutes per side cooking. I could be more than half way done with my short run/timed training while I'm making dinner......

So guess what won out?

Yeah, my do ain't did no more but I'm happy to report that I made 4 miles in 44 minutes on 'mill. :yay:

:teleport::drive::dogdance:

Oh totally!

But it would be lovely, IF they could work it out. Ever since they got rid of my favorite souvenir I haven't bought a thing at a disney Expo (the $2 mini medals for the Vinylmation guys), though I do *look* at things. Expos are very stressful for me and increase my anxiety greatly. So if they could figure it out, it would be beautiful. But as I said, I get all the reasons they can't.

Yay!

We only went .4 past what it was called for. However, later in the day I got very ill. I prepared for my run, but I walk dogs for living and did NOT hydrate then.. talk about sick!

I am curious, for items we buy at the Expo, how do you pay? Do you use your Magic Band or is it credit card/cash instead? With all the outside vendors I was guessing no MB, but you never know. Just want to make sure i bring with me what I need! TIA.

Finally passed 6 miles for the first time all year! We ended up doing 8.2. The pace was super slow, because we needed to make 3(!) bathroom stops for some of the ladies in our group, but I couldn't believe how the miles whizzed by. I'm usually a solo runner, so having the distractions of running with others was a nice change. Do you guys mostly run solo as well, or in a group? I think I'm going to continue to run with them on my long run once a week.

I am curious, for items we buy at the Expo, how do you pay? Do you use your Magic Band or is it credit card/cash instead? With all the outside vendors I was guessing no MB, but you never know. Just want to make sure i bring with me what I need! TIA.
For the non-Disney vendors, most (if not all) take credit cards.

For the official runDisney merch, I can't remember for sure, but I do think they take MagicBands. I know they take Disney gift cards (I usually ask for some for my birthday/Christmas to use for expo shopping :teeth:). One thing to keep in mind, too, is that they honor Annual Pass discounts and Disney Visa discounts (if you spend $50+). So I just pay with my Disney Visa (unless the gift cards cover everything...which they normally don't :eek:) so I can save some cash. Not sure if they do DVC discounts too?

Hi everyone! I'm registered for the PHM this year. I wanted the GSC but forgot to register until 3:00. I'm lucky I got the half!

This will be my 3rd PHM and I swear I'm going to dress up this year! princess:

I'd like to hit sub 2:45 but we'll see. Hopefully this winter in New England will be a little more runner friendly! :scared:

Good luck with the training!

If I remember correctly, the Official Race Merchandise tent had the ability to do Magic Band, credit/debit card, or cash, but the other vendors were either credit/debit or cash. With how hectic the Expo can be, I always just bring cash, just in case the system is down. I also like how much faster using cash is, so that others behind me don't have to wait as long in line (those lines can be massive!).

If I remember correctly, the Official Race Merchandise tent had the ability to do Magic Band, credit/debit card, or cash, but the other vendors were either credit/debit or cash. With how hectic the Expo can be, I always just bring cash, just in case the system is down. I also like how much faster using cash is, so that others behind me don't have to wait as long in line (those lines can be massive!).

Good point about cash instead of credit. I hadn't thought about that.

For the non-Disney vendors, most (if not all) take credit cards.

For the official runDisney merch, I can't remember for sure, but I do think they take MagicBands. I know they take Disney gift cards (I usually ask for some for my birthday/Christmas to use for expo shopping :teeth:). One thing to keep in mind, too, is that they honor Annual Pass discounts and Disney Visa discounts (if you spend $50+). So I just pay with my Disney Visa (unless the gift cards cover everything...which they normally don't :eek:) so I can save some cash. Not sure if they do DVC discounts too?

The official race merchandise definitely took the magic band, thats what we used. But the two other places I shopped "Raw Threads" and some place that sold gloves and warm headbands -- I think "One More Mile" took cash and credit but no magic band.

Yesterday I had a conversation with two adorable three year old girls, about my costume. One thought I needed to be Ariel but said that my lack of red hair wouldn't be a problem... I could just be a blonde Ariel. The other said I needed to be Cinderella since she is the best and has blonde hair like me. I think I need to take my fashion advice from the one who has a love of red lipstick like I do and maybe go with Cinderella. Plus, she wears a tiara.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter