Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Hi! I just read through this thread. Yes all 51 pages. Kids are watching home run derby, what else is a mom to do??? Lol

I am registered for my first PHM (thru the presale) and me and my DH are doing the 5k together. Couldn't get him to do the half with me though. :(

Thanks for all that have posted before me and asked many of the questions I had!

Hi there, does anyone familiar with this charity Kellsie's Hope foundation? Just searching for a good charity group to join in case i can't register for the regular registration.
Please advis because its my first time doing this.
Thanks a million!

Hello all--
Sorry to continue to ask questions about this, but what is the best type of race to use for a POT? I'm having a hard time finding 10Ks that aren't "virtual races" around Boston this fall and am not sure where else to look:confused3 I'm starting to wonder if it's just easier to try and get in one of the faster no POT-needed corrals? Help!:goodvibes

We will be running these two, see if they work for you.
Sunday, Sept 20 in Gloucester
Lone Gull 10K
www.northshoretimingonline.com/reglivecb.aspx?eventyear_id=1259

Monday, Oct. 12
Tufts 10k
www.tuftshealthplan.com/tufts10k/

I signed up through a travel agency because I won't be able to get to a computer until after 4pm EST tomorrow.

I do not like booking things through third parties. It makes me very nervous.

They said it takes a week after official registration day to get the links to sign up for the event. That made me super nervous now.

Has anyone else done this and everything come out okay?

I wouldn't worry. This year there seems to be an extra step or two between the travel provider and rundisney, which makes it feel like a delay, but it will all work out.

I promised to take my kid to the dollar movies tomorrow but I'm taking my ipad and already have the websites loaded.

If possible make a document with your cc info so that you can copy and paste it into the CC field. Know the code on the back and your exp date.

Can anyone tell me how registration for a child works for the 5K? Do I need to set up an Active.com login for her? Thanks for any info :).

You can sign minors up under your active account.

Hi there, does anyone familiar with this charity Kellsie's Hope foundation? Just searching for a good charity group to join in case i can't register for the regular registration.
Please advis because its my first time doing this.
Thanks a million!

I'm signed up with Children's Miracle Network

First of all...GOOD LUCK to everyone registering tomorrow!

Has anyone done the Pasta Party for past races? I am tempted to do the Sat. night party, since I am only running the 5k and 10k. Seems like it would be a fun addition to our girl's race weekend.

Any experiences?

Ok, I feel ridiculous posting this, but I'm hesitant about registering. Can I really do a half marathon? Yikes! I'm just scared that I'll sign up and then not follow-through with training!

I'm currently running about 2-3 times per week, 2 or 3 miles each time. My plan is this: train for an upcoming 10k that will take place on Sept. 12. Continue to train on my own until the beginning of October. In early October, join a local running group's Half Marathon Training program that will conclude in mid-January. Continue to train on my own until the Princess Half. Doable? And if so, I'm going to need y'all to hold me accountable to this crazy thing that I'm about to sign up for --- ha! :-)

Ok, I feel ridiculous posting this, but I'm hesitant about registering. Can I really do a half marathon? Yikes! I'm just scared that I'll sign up and then not follow-through with training!

I'm currently running about 2-3 times per week, 2 or 3 miles each time. My plan is this: train for an upcoming 10k that will take place on Sept. 12. Continue to train on my own until the beginning of October. In early October, join a local running group's Half Marathon Training program that will conclude in mid-January. Continue to train on my own until the Princess Half. Doable? And if so, I'm going to need y'all to hold me accountable to this crazy thing that I'm about to sign up for --- ha! :-)

Completely doable!! I was VERY under trained for my first princess, walked most of it but still got my medal!! On the days you don't feel like running just remember how much money you had to pay to register and that should get you motivated!!

Going to register today to run the half with one of my girlfriends!! This will be my 2nd princess half and third run disney half marathon. So excited to have another ticket to count down to visit Disney again :)

You totally can! I was sitting on the couch, literally, when I signed up for last years 5k and 10k. Originally I was just going to do the 5K, but decided anything was possible if I put in the work. I'm training for Wine & Dine for my first half and then Glass Slipper Challenge in Feb. I'm a believer that if you follow a good training plan you'll be prepared to run the race! I'm following the Galloway plans. Once W&D happens I'll pick up the GSC training plan mid November so it should get me in before the back to back runs start. Good times! As Walt said, if you can dream it you can do it!

How does it work to sign up through a charity? Do I have to then raise money? I also didn't see a list of charities for the princess.

Heh, I read that as 'minions'. Too much advertising for the movie has sunk into my brain.
I'm sure the creators of the movie would be happy to hear that!

Nothing motivates me to train more than signing up for a race - especially a Disney race. I mean, that's a LOT of money to plunk down and then not follow through with the training. And I remind myself that if I showed up on race day(s) unprepared, and then was completely miserable on a course where I should be having a TON of fun because I wasn't prepared, I would just hate myself.

And yes, I think your plan is a good one. :)
How does it work to sign up through a charity? Do I have to then raise money? I also didn't see a list of charities for the princess.
The charities have minimum amounts to raise, yes. Not sure why they aren't listed on runDisney.com though...:confused3 Normally they'd be there under the registration tab.

If you go to the Children's Miracle Hospitals website and search for "Princess Half Marathon" you should be able to find their registration page. However, when I looked, the fundraising goal was somewhere in the $1000 range:earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter